Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Uber investing in driverless technology

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I just watched the CEO of Uber talking about Apple and Google investing in driverless autos, and they are putting the same in their strategic plans as they model for the future. Within 10 years we will be see driverless vehicles in urban areas and driverless uber vehicles to transport people. This means a huge drop in the labor participation rates in the future because semi trucks on interstates are going to be running without people. You will be seeing in the next 15 years off interstates huge receptors for semis without drivers coming into the yard and drivers only doing local runs. Next time you drive on the interstate think of the jobs which are going to disappear. Millions of driver hours will be eliminated.......If Markle is still around.....he will blame President Obama.

How boring. One of the best parts of my trip to Los Angeles a couple of years ago was conversations with the Uber drivers.

Change is good. Some change cuts off the nose to spite the face. While I love the direction of technology I'm not sure every facet is the best step forward.

2seaoat

I agree that half the fun of having a driver is the conversation, but the Uber CEO made a point which convinced me......1 million people worldwide die from auto accidents. I heard this on TV two days ago that the leading cause of accidental death in children 1-8 years of age is auto accidents in America. We have made tremendous improvements in safety, but would it not be a great thing to get your 90 buck car insurance bill for the year where risks were reduced......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum