Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Olympics

+6
Markle
Floridatexan
Joanimaroni
Hallmarkgard
RealLindaL
2seaoat
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

26Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympics 8/9/2016, 11:13 am

She won gold in London 5 months pregnant. That kid won a gold medal before he was born... lol.

27Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympics 8/9/2016, 9:40 pm

2seaoat

Phelps.....20 golds......wow.

28Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympics 8/9/2016, 11:58 pm

2seaoat

I picked up a little tension between the womens gymnastic team.....like 4 on 1....when the 1 spoke the body language and faces seemed to portray dislike.....I might be seeing something which is not there, and I wish I knew the names to be specific. Five incredibly talented girls.

29Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympics 8/10/2016, 12:46 am

2seaoat

Madison on the uneven bars appears to be outside the circle of love.

30Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympics 8/10/2016, 10:56 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I noticed a little tension but last night it seemed better. Perhaps a little bit of jealousy.

31Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympics 8/10/2016, 4:39 pm

2seaoat

White water kayaking is way cool, but honestly I would rather they formed the x games and had all the swimming, kayaking, soccer, golf, fencing, etc, and simply held what they called the Olympic X games. The real Olympics should be simple track and field events at a permanent venue. All this money being spent on the x games, and you can hold track and field almost in any stadium without spending billions on fluff........bring on track and field.

32Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympics 8/10/2016, 4:41 pm

2seaoat

I have to admit the water is blue in the Kayak whitewater course and puke green in the diving events........I think I would have to be talked to and shown why I would want to submerge my head in that split pea soup pool.

33Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympics 8/10/2016, 4:51 pm

I only had a pool once. It's a royal pain in the ass and wallet. I'd rather mow ten acres.

34Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympics 8/10/2016, 7:01 pm

2seaoat

If they cannot keep the water in a diving pool clear and blue.........what else are these athletes being exposed to.......the Belgian Judo bronze medalist got mugged.......Chicago could have matched them and did one better.

35Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympics 8/10/2016, 8:50 pm

Telstar

Telstar

I can't recall being less interested in an Olympics. Just me.

36Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympics 8/10/2016, 8:56 pm

2seaoat

I can't recall being less interested in an Olympics. Just me.

That is how I started, but I am not feeling well so I have been at home more often than usual and I have to admit some of the competition is fun to watch. I am watching womens sand volleyball.......I could watch that all night. I was watching the Australia and American men in basketball online, and with 20 seconds left in a pretty close game it shuts down on me and wants an authentication.......I am pretty certain the Americans won with a five point lead.

37Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympics 8/10/2016, 9:17 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I can't recall being less interested in an Olympics. Just me.

That is how I started, but I am not feeling well so I have been at home more often than usual and I have to admit some of the competition is fun to watch.  I am watching womens sand volleyball.......I could watch that all night.  I was watching the Australia and American men in basketball online, and with 20 seconds left in a pretty close game it shuts down on me and wants an authentication.......I am pretty certain the Americans won with a five point lead.

And our favorite player was on Australia's team ....Della-3D.

38Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympics 8/10/2016, 9:18 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Just watching. Big upset in swimming. I think Borat's country just won a gold medal.

39Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympics 8/11/2016, 12:01 am

Hallmarkgard

2seaoat wrote:If they cannot keep the water in a diving pool clear and blue.........what else are these athletes being exposed to.......the Belgian Judo bronze medalist got mugged.......Chicago could have matched them and did one better.

Damn Straight!!
Chicago gangs would have a field day shooting and mugging folks.  These Rio people are just amateurs.
.http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/04/01/murders-shootings-soar-chicago-through-first-three-months-2016/82507210/

40Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympics 8/11/2016, 12:26 am

2seaoat

Chicago always has had the toughest and meanest gangs......Even before Capone.......tough fellows........I get a kick out of this small town I live in think I am mob connected because I went after the town bully. I was in the town bar talking to a 90 year old italian whose father ran a bar in the thirties in a larger city, and he asked me a question about the mob and I gave him the name of capone's number 3 guy whose son just opened a private golf course near where your son played at Rich Harvest farm, and after I mentioned that name......he told everybody in town I was mob......I just laugh because it is funnier than hell the way rumors start in a small town.....the bully did move out of town and quit bothering and frightening people, but he was harmless but like me being mob, he had created this rep that he would shoot you and sneak onto your property at night and F you up......he tried that routine with me after he had trapped a damn dog trapping beaver, and he found out I am really a dog lover.....

I think Rio is meaner than Chicago, because I was watching Judo and those guys are good.

2seaoat

I have not been leaving the house the last couple days after my shots and tests as I have not felt well. I got stir crazy and just went out by myself. The sky was clear, the stars were bright, and a half moon cast shadows as the mist of fog was forming in the low areas of the islands as I drove the cart. I eventually turned off the headlights because the moon illuminated the open areas. I parked the cart and listened to the river and took in the smells. I have been having problems with an ear infection which opened up earlier this week and a rather large ear wax plug fell out of my ear and suddenly I have an acute sense of smell. I could smell the flowers which were blooming and this sweet mist covered the islands as the moon reflected off the water.

I realized how acute our senses really are but they are dulled by loud TVs, Music, household smells, and bright lights. The beauty of an evening with a full sky of stars is at first it is very dark, but then as your senses adjust there is an abundance of beauty which is hidden in shadows from a half moon. We have tall grass in the meadows which frame the paths where a slow low mist rolled across the field. I could see planes but the it was all so silent....no road sound, just the sound of a river lapping on the banks. I usually run the dog, but at night it is dangerous because the coyote run in packs and although my dog could hold her own they can mess a dog up........no howling tonight.....just ear piercing silence.....beautiful. I wish I felt better to enjoy this beauty but the joy of smelling the flowers after fighting the ear infection which had dulled my smell has been amazing.......

42Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympics 8/11/2016, 10:44 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sounds beautiful. 

I love the Olympics and have enjoyed watching.

43Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympics 8/11/2016, 2:12 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

What a great race, congratulations to Dmitry. First Gold for his country! He must be so proud.

44Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympics 8/11/2016, 2:17 pm

Sal

Sal

45Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympics 8/11/2016, 3:18 pm

heh

46Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympics 8/11/2016, 5:05 pm

RealLindaL

Was that diver on crack or what, do you suppose? And speaking of cracks, how about the next video up in the queue? Ha.

47Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympics 8/11/2016, 5:36 pm

Markle

Markle

Joanimaroni wrote:And I really really like watching Michael Phelps.

Like or hate him for some of his behavior outside of the pool but he is, perhaps, one of the world's greatest athletes.

To put his record in perspective, he has won TWENTY ONE GOLD MEDALS. The person in second place, and I don't even know who this, won NINE GOLD MEDALS.

Just INCREDIBLE!

48Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympics 8/11/2016, 6:16 pm

Vikingwoman

Saul Alinsky wrote:I really, really, really like the ladies' leotards.

They're rather revealing on the American side. I noticed some other countries wear the leg leotards.

49Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympics 8/11/2016, 6:27 pm

Markle wrote:

Like or hate him for some of his behavior outside of the pool but he is, perhaps, one of the world's greatest athletes.

To put his record in perspective, he has won TWENTY ONE GOLD MEDALS.  The person in second place, and I don't even know who this, won NINE GOLD MEDALS.

Just INCREDIBLE!

I never really pay attention to an athletes private life at all unless it somehow removes them from the game... prison, dying, dead.

50Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympics 8/11/2016, 7:57 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:
Markle wrote:

To put his record in perspective, he has won TWENTY ONE GOLD MEDALS.  The person in second place, and I don't even know who this, won NINE GOLD MEDALS.

Just INCREDIBLE!

I never really pay attention to an athletes private life at all unless it somehow removes them from the game... prison, dying, dead.

Lots of pressure the athletes put on themselves to achieve their personal goals....they start as small children. Admirable.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum