This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The first worrisome storm of the season is now here

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 24 of 26]

Just upgraded to hurricane, just saw pics of panama city beach, waves and rains heavy.

View user profile

Some really great clouds here in Niceville. Not much wind at all - maybe 12 mph. I guess we'll see the outskirts of the weather. Rain and thunderstorms forecast for supper time.

Some really great clouds here in Niceville.

View user profile

View user profile

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:Some really great clouds here in Niceville.

View user profile
ppaca wrote:Surge cam in Cedar Key

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/YASbYUZFccF

I've seen that cam on tv a couple times today, but I'm sure glad you discovered public access to it. That's a damn impressive scene.

That water should keep rising until the storm makes landfall, but shortly the darkness will set in and I doubt the camera image will be very good without light.

View user profile
I take that back. Look at the railing in the left foreground. Looks like a streetlight or something is illuminating that spot in front of the camera.
We'll be able to see that as long as the power remains on.

View user profile
I am very thankful so far I have a place to sleep this winter........

View user profile
Hurricane season ain't over yet oat.

Bob posted in the B12 thread the url for truelieve

View user profile
However, after the Doctor appointment on September 7, I have more flexibility to travel and can move the RV with my truck. This week was impossible. I am going to probably travel down the second week in October once I know if they can debulk the tumors.....if they cannot, I probably will try to wrap things up on the project in November.

View user profile
ppaca wrote:

I pulled it up after ya'll left. Exactly what I need to take to the doctor. Thanks, pal.

View user profile
Bob wrote:
ppaca wrote:

I pulled it up after ya'll left.  Exactly what I need to take to the doctor.   Thanks,  pal.

You're welcome, ask him a b12 shots if he won't do them go buy the subliminal b12 dots for under your tongue.

View user profile
I just found the location of that Cedar Key storm cam with google maps.

If you want to see the full size photos,  go to google maps and put "A Street, Cedar Key,  FL" in the search field and then move the picture till you find it.

Last edited by Bob on 9/1/2016, 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
The brown building with the lighthouse is all lit up, I guess there must be folks who like storms.........

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:The brown building with the lighthouse is all lit up, I guess there must be folks who like storms.........

I was wondering about that too.
The problem with staying there is getting trapped if the water floods the streets. There is only one little low level bridge leading in and out of that little island and I think it's likely the water will overtop it too.

View user profile
Getting squalls here every hour or so.

Last one was impressive.

Winds around 50 with gusts of 70+.

Looks like we're about to get another.

View user profile
I do not get keeping the lights on unless they are sandbagging.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:I do not get keeping the lights on unless they are sandbagging.

It's possible the owner of that business knows about that street cam, and left the lights on so that after he evacuates he can better see what's happening with his property. But who knows.

View user profile
Yes they know it's set up, it was set up by Mark Suddeth a hurricane tracker. He has a couple set up over there.

View user profile
Bob wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:But what I want to know is, if the center indeed makes landfall at Apalachicola (damn that's hard to type correctly), what prize do I and the other person who voted for that spot in your landfall poll win?

I realize I could be leaving myself wide open with that question, but I really want to know.   Smile

Linda,  you'll get the grand prize if that happens.  And the grand prize is...curtain opening...

NO CYCLONE FOR PENSACOLA BEACH

lol

Pretty chintzy, Bob, if you ask me. But I'll take it!

View user profile
Bob wrote:At least not this time.  But the hurricane season aint over till it's over.  lol

Hey, I caught that. No fair.

View user profile
One blogger on the storm cam page reports the Weather Channel saying there will be another 2 foot rise in the water level on Cedar Key before the night is out. If true that roadway will disappear in the picture. Not to mention the flooding that will bring to the island.

View user profile
Bob wrote:Sign at the beachside entrance to the Hilton  lol

LOVE THIS SIGN!!! Had a committee meeting at the SRIA this afternoon and told Paolo Ghio and gang about it. They weren't aware, but got a kick out of it, too.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum