This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The first worrisome storm of the season is now here

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 26]

As for having uninsured property losses, unless I'm missing or misunderstanding something, who, exactly, is the stupid one in the room?

Yes, there is a stupid in the room.....you obviously have never owned a business and understand flood insurance on non residential improvements.....duh double duh, but again you are efficient in self outing yourself.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:As for having uninsured property losses, unless I'm missing or misunderstanding something, who, exactly, is the stupid one in the room?

Yes, there is a stupid in the room.....you obviously have never owned a business and understand flood insurance on non residential improvements.....duh double duh, but again you are efficient in self outing yourself.

You will notice, if you take time to READ and LISTEN to what someone else besides your perfect self has to say, that I clearly said, "UNLESS I'M MISSING OR MISUNDERSTANDING SOMETHING," which should give you a clue that, completely unlike the Almighty Seaoat, I'M perfectly aware that I don't know everything.

So instead of throwing around more insults, Mr. Loves-to-Call-Everyone-Else-Stupid, how about deigning to EDUCATE US on the subject?

View user profile
There was no insult. Something very stupid was said, and it was duly noted. The lack of knowledge is excusable, but projecting that ignorance to declare another stupid is the very definition of stupid......hard to fix stupid, and it is certainly not an insult, it is sadly a reality.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:There was no insult.  Something very stupid was said, and it was duly noted.  The lack of knowledge is excusable, but projecting that ignorance to declare another stupid is the very definition of stupid......hard to fix stupid, and it is certainly not an insult, it is sadly a reality.

Ah, no, no, no, one shouldn't get off that easily.   You called ME ignorant for not knowing about commercial property/flood insurance, so go ahead, show us how very knowledgeable you are on the subject, and replace what you term stupidity with knowledge.   You can start by answering one simple two-part question:

Is it impossible to obtain commercial property/flood insurance for your holdings, and if so, why?

View user profile
Is it impossible to obtain commercial property/flood insurance for your holdings, and if so, why? Because he buys swamp land that no else is stupid enough to buy(except aanothe Yankees) LOL

View user profile
Exclusions:

Property and belongings outside of an insured building such as trees, plants, wells, septic systems, walks, decks, patios, fences, seawalls, hot tubs, and swimming pools
Financial losses caused by business interruption or loss of use of insured property
Most self-propelled vehicles such as cars, including their parts (see Section IV.5 in your policy)

Flood insurance will repeatedly pay for barrier island residences, but it is not so generous to roads, bridges, and equipment if you are not a governmental unit. Having flood insurance as I type very slowly does not mean that all items are covered........in one flood I lost close to 90k in box culverts and bridging.....not to mention equipment. At least you are trying to learn that not everything is the same outside the bubble......relax.....I cannot see those hateful eyes.

View user profile
Financial losses caused by business interruption or loss of use of insured property ...................................................... Of course you would have to be smart enought to but it..LOL

https://www.marsh.com/us/insights/research/business-insurance.html

View user profile
I will type this very slowly for folks who have not operated businesses.  I have always had business interruption commercial policies and have had the same on all business interest.   There are exemptions.

The suspension must be caused by the direct physical loss, damage, or destruction to property. The loss or damage must be caused by or result from a covered cause of loss.

Please read your links, please try to read your links because you might be right that Mr. Studer and I are bright shining lights on the horizon.....you said:

Of course you would have to be smart enought to but it..LOL

I think you are implying I was not smart enough to buy it, kinda like your bud Linda who basically said I was not very smart......but neither one of you obviously have every dealt with commercial insurance, exclusions, and simply reading your own link on something you do not understand......I would ask Mr. Studer to help you.........but you might release Zika infested skeeters at his Park......so I will have to correct you

a covered cause of loss.  commercial policies do not cover flood interruptions.   Flood policies do not cover business disruptions..............it is an exclusion.......I guess if Mr. Studer can civilize Pensacola, I can at least help folks who want to start a commercial business understand how commercial insurance works.   Now each state has insurance commissions which set by regulation the scope of insurance contracts, and certainly a state could allow a binder under a commercial policy which gives some coverage under an additional binder, but that was not an option in the state I suffered the losses, and the federal flood regulations have always exempted what both of you in your cut and paste frenzy want to make old Seaoat and Mr. Studer into dumb and dumber.....

View user profile
Let me give you an example. I told the story of the neighbor whose rental house had a very serious fire two months ago. He would rent his house on a short term vacation basis. In negotiating under his policy, they offered him four months of average rentals on his house. The cause of the business interruption was fire.......a covered cause of loss.

Had he experienced an excluded cause of loss under his policy, he would get no interruption claims. Now, many people confuse folks who lived on the beaches who reached settlements with BP on rental disruptions, but this was civil litigation and settlement. One of my neighbors got a 7k check from BP for disruptions......apple to orange comparisons.

View user profile
I just had to throw you a bone to keep tou working.....2 second search, quick c/p and bingo Oats is occupied for a hour LOL Too funny...No, you got me..I didnt even read it....

View user profile
Is it impossible to obtain commercial property/flood insurance for your holdings, and if so, why? Because he buys swamp land that no else is stupid enough to buy(except aanothe Yankees) LOL

A six hundred foot canal with commercial zoning which has access to the Gulf of Mexico........yep, it has high risks and high rewards......chit happens. One property gets a three hundred percent return in five years, and another gets whacked......I guess I could have sucked on the government teat, but heck that poor thing has been really over worked.......I guess American pioneers could not have gone west, or Americans could not go to the moon, but it would not be stupidity.........I think the proper term is timidity.

View user profile
I can assure you that I do not have to cut and paste, but if I simply told you how things work.......I would be called out by Linda for not giving a link, or spelling there, like their......or generally being a dick......which we all know is my role and duty on this forum. However, people learn.....I learn from others, and I get that evil Linda stare.....

View user profile
One of your biggest flaws is that you think you are the only one who has ever taken risks or by some gross misinterpretation you are some how much smarter and superior than ever one else.  Of course you are a ghost so you can talk all the shit you want with out offering any proof yet demanding proof from any one who see though your facade.  I suppose I am now suppose to relate a true story of a guy of modest means who has successfully 2 mili million dollar operations that I was a part of?  LOL  No, I am way to timid for that and besides my inferiorly complex makes me feel unworthy to do so...

View user profile
I cannot argue that I play a dick here.......but if they posted signs that said do not walk on the Seaoats........you would think the risk is measurable and predictable........but NOOOOOOOOOOO you got to walk all over the Seaoats. So of course I absolutely have the right to be a dick.......if you won't read your links, you can bet my cousin has your bootprint on them...........

View user profile
Seaoats are fragile things that have to be protected by State and Federal statues..Seaoats is a terrible name for a dick.

.61.242 Harvesting of sea oats and sea grapes prohibited; possession prima facie evidence of violation.—
(1) The purpose of this section is to protect the beaches and shores of the state from erosion by preserving natural vegetative cover to bind the sand.
(2) It is unlawful for any purpose to cut, harvest, remove, or eradicate any of the grass commonly known as sea oats or Uniola paniculata and Coccolobis uvifera commonly known as sea grapes from any public land or from any private land without consent of the owner of such land or person having lawful possession thereof. Possession of either Uniola paniculata or Coccolobis uvifera by other than the owner of such land shall constitute prima facie evidence of violation of this section. However, licensed, certified nurserymen who grow any of the native plants listed in this section from seeds or by vegetative propagation are specifically permitted to sell these commercially grown plants and shall not be in violation of this section of the law if they do so, as it is the intent of the law to preserve and encourage the growth of these native plants which are rapidly disappearing from the stat..

View user profile
If you had people messing with your grapes, you would get grouchy too..........

View user profile
http://www.pnj.com/story/news/2016/08/07/heavy-rainfall-and-flooding-expected-through-saturday/88365388/

http://www.storm2k.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=118123&start=300

View user profile
ppaca wrote:http://www.pnj.com/story/news/2016/08/07/heavy-rainfall-and-flooding-expected-through-saturday/88365388/

View user profile
Two days from impact and there is some science on the dart board, but until then.......the next door neighbor's dog just got a dart in the asz.

View user profile
Bob wrote:
ppaca wrote:http://www.pnj.com/story/news/2016/08/07/heavy-rainfall-and-flooding-expected-through-saturday/88365388/

Wow....

View user profile
It is beginning to drift westward.

View user profile
A lot of rain here.

View user profile
ppaca wrote:It is beginning to drift westward.

NHC's 8 p.m. advisory tonight says the system is expected to move slowly northward over the next several days.  I don't get it.  Am hoping someone on Hurricane City's message  board will explain how a northerly movement ends up soaking the western Panhandle and points west during the entire week upcoming.  Doubtless there's a good explanation.   Will copy and paste here if possible.  
BBL,     LL

Last edited by RealLindaL on 8/8/2016, 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

View user profile
They do not have a clue.....it is throwing darts.....

View user profile
It's a home-grown system over dangerously warm waters.

It's gonna produce a lot of rain, any other prediction is a crapshoot.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum