Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beefing up my roads

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Beefing up my roads Empty Beefing up my roads 7/26/2016, 11:20 am

2seaoat

The Islands are alluvial deposits which when wet cause vehicles to sink.  For 13 years I have been building 3 miles of roads.   We are now putting a thin coat of 2 inch gravel over the existing base, and hope to put a CA-6 fines over the roads this late fall before I go to Florida.   We have now gone two years without a major flood.  The place is stunning as the river drops and the beaches open up.  I get the Grandkids again after my cat scans on Wed, and get to keep them until Friday when the Grandsons spend the night as we will look for pearls on seashell island.  Rosebud.   I will post some photos of work being done.

2Beefing up my roads Empty Re: Beefing up my roads 7/26/2016, 7:13 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Anxious to see your photos.

Hope your Cat Scans show improvement. My liver function labs, done yesterday,  have increased significantly. Awaiting a biopsy appointment. Liver ultrasound shows liver densities. Geez.....

3Beefing up my roads Empty Re: Beefing up my roads 7/26/2016, 7:32 pm

2seaoat

I am so sorry to hear this as quite a few folks are dealing with liver issues. I had bad news at 4:00. They approved the lung scan, but had not received approval on the liver scan. I made the appointment ten days ago, and they call the insurance company at the end of the day. I told them to cancel my appointments. It is a 7 hour round trip with construction on roads, and this is the third time this has happened. Twice I was told while at the waiting room that one of my scans was not yet approved and I would have to risk non approval. I am tired and having breathing issues, but if it is not important to them, it is not important to me, but it might be important to the CEO of Northwestern to know how dilatory staff can be. It is simple. Doc approves scan. Doc calls insurance to get approval for 30 days. Schedule scan in next 30 days. Nope. Doc approves.......they give a number to schedule.....you make your plans, and boom.....they do not clear with your insurance company.......incompetence. No big deal if this was the flu....it is not.

4Beefing up my roads Empty Re: Beefing up my roads 7/26/2016, 9:30 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I am so sorry to hear this as quite a few folks are dealing with liver issues.  I had bad news at 4:00.  They approved the lung scan, but had not received approval on the liver scan.   I made the appointment ten days ago, and they call the insurance company at the end of the day.  I told them to cancel my appointments.  It is a 7 hour round trip with construction on roads, and this is the third time this has happened.   Twice I was told while at the waiting room that one of my scans was not yet approved and I would have to risk non approval.  I am tired and having breathing issues, but if it is not important to them, it is not important to me, but it might be important to the CEO of Northwestern to know how dilatory staff can be.    It is simple.  Doc approves scan.   Doc calls insurance to get approval for 30 days.   Schedule scan in next 30 days.  Nope.   Doc approves.......they give a number to schedule.....you make your plans, and boom.....they do not clear with your insurance company.......incompetence.  No big deal if this was the flu....it is not.

Call the insurance company. Speak with the person and keep asking for the next supervisor....keep climbing the ladder. Ask for a written list of the names and titles of every person in their  company that has reviewed your records. Give them hell.

5Beefing up my roads Empty Re: Beefing up my roads 7/26/2016, 9:45 pm

2seaoat

We checked with the insurance the last two times.....it was my doctor's staff who did not make the clear call until the last minute. He is a national expert in endocrine cancer surrounded by horrible people. I have one person on his staff who I talk to because the I have zero use for people who lie and make excuses, but it had been over a year since the last screw up, and I let my guard down.....total incompetence. I think my doctor knows that I am piszed because he makes it next to impossible to get an appointment, but I guess people all over the country are coming to him and they are simply overwhelmed. This one is on my doc's staff. I am so tired of the chit.....but you cannot stop fighting or being your own advocate, because in the end......few people give a chit.

6Beefing up my roads Empty Re: Beefing up my roads 7/27/2016, 12:31 am

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:Anxious to see your photos.

Hope your Cat Scans show improvement. My liver function labs, done yesterday,  have increased significantly. Awaiting a biopsy appointment. Liver ultrasound shows liver densities. Geez.....

Geez is right, Joani. Very concerned to hear this and hope you can get a biopsy appointment ex post haste. Please keep us in the loop if you're so inclined. Will maintain fingers and toes crossed for the very best possible outcome. Waiting is the pits, I know...

7Beefing up my roads Empty Re: Beefing up my roads 7/27/2016, 12:40 am

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:I am so tired of the chit.....but you cannot stop fighting or being your own advocate, because in the end......few people give a chit.

It's only too true that no one cares the way you and your loved ones care, and you are spot on in continuing to be your own vocal health advocate.  I preach that to my husband who is far, far too laid back and trusting.  His approach does NOT work, and I think he's finally learning that waiting for action from others is not a viable solution to any health issue.

8Beefing up my roads Empty Re: Beefing up my roads 7/27/2016, 9:40 am

Its certainly not. All of them work for you... and they often must be reminded of that.

I'll be anxious to hear these results. Mine all came back good on the upper gi. Getting old ain't fer sissies.

9Beefing up my roads Empty Re: Beefing up my roads 7/27/2016, 12:06 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

RealLindaL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Anxious to see your photos.

Geez is right, Joani.  Very concerned to hear this and hope you can get a biopsy appointment ex post haste.    Please keep us in the loop if you're so inclined.  Will maintain fingers and toes crossed for the very best possible outcome.   Waiting is the pits, I know...  

Thank you

10Beefing up my roads Empty Re: Beefing up my roads 7/27/2016, 12:24 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I would like for everyone to watch this video, when you have the time, about integrative medicine. Here's the website link:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/07/24/integrative-medicine-teaching-tools.aspx?utm_source=dnl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=art1&utm_campaign=20160724Z1&et_cid=DM112200&et_rid=1585315721

11Beefing up my roads Empty Re: Beefing up my roads 7/28/2016, 10:58 am

2seaoat

Grand kids are inspecting my road improvements.......I had to pay them off with ice cream cones to pass inspection.

Beefing up my roads Road10

12Beefing up my roads Empty Re: Beefing up my roads 7/28/2016, 11:11 am

2seaoat

Truck load after truck load of gravel to beef up the roads which go for 3.5 miles and on the first monsoon turn into soup......a never ending battle, but my road inspectors make it easy.

Beefing up my roads Long_r10

13Beefing up my roads Empty Re: Beefing up my roads 7/28/2016, 4:32 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Beautiful.

14Beefing up my roads Empty Re: Beefing up my roads 7/28/2016, 5:25 pm

2seaoat

After I am gone, I have left specific instructions with my wife to post our address and invite anybody on the forum to spend the day on the islands fishing or just hiking around......you will then understand rosebud. Although a couple hours from Chicago, it will make a nice afternoon of going back 180 years where Chief Blackhawk and Lincoln chased each other. A Pottawanami village is on the northwest shore, and in the late 1700s had a vibrant village of traders, hunters and fisherman who traded with French fur traders. A French trader's cabin was on the southeast shoreline and a monument marks the spot where he abandoned the same when the native Americans got restless and he was warned of an ambush.

15Beefing up my roads Empty Re: Beefing up my roads 7/28/2016, 9:30 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Very gracious of you.

16Beefing up my roads Empty Re: Beefing up my roads 7/31/2016, 11:45 am

2seaoat

Grandsons took rides on the golf cart Saturday morning and I taught them how to see how old a tree is by counting the trees rings. It was amazing as the three year old and six year old absorbed what I was explaining. Took them over to the neighbor's house which caught on fire less than a month ago and he has a new roof, new windows, and new siding, and had a week renter in the house as construction crews literally rebuilt his house in less than a month. He was able to get his permits the next day. In Santa Rosa County it would have taken a month to get permits, and they would have asked for engineer reports, and a flood plain survey......just because they can as they take pride in government bureaucracy. For a Republican area, I have never seen a more Democratic Mayor Daley County run government.

17Beefing up my roads Empty Re: Beefing up my roads 7/31/2016, 4:36 pm

Vikingwoman

I won't ever be going to Ill. for anything but thanks anyway.

18Beefing up my roads Empty Re: Beefing up my roads 7/31/2016, 4:47 pm

2seaoat

When we are done on the Florida project and after I am gone, she will make the same offer, but we have to clear and make the property easy to walk. The growth of under brush in Florida is just a jungle compared to Illinois. It takes years to be overgrown in Illinois.....if you let an area go for a year in Florida, the jungle retakes the land. I simply cannot work in the summer heat in Florida. I will try to return in early October and begin work again and work through the middle of April spending time there and in South Florida. I have been on NET blogs and the folks who have lived the longest insist that exercise and pushing your limits are what keeps you alive. I am convinced of the same. My doctor would not let me retire, and insisted to keep working, but slow down, because they have the best results with those who continue to keep active........it is hard when you hurt and you are tired, but clearing beautiful areas which people will be able to enjoy long after I am gone has become my memorial........plus when I stop the John Deere commercial mower and just sit by the river and observe nature for a half hour, I have the joy of my inner five year old child......nature is healing.

19Beefing up my roads Empty Re: Beefing up my roads 8/1/2016, 1:12 am

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:when I stop the John Deere commercial mower and just sit by the river and observe nature for a half hour, I have the joy of my inner five year old child......nature is healing.

Can relate to that feeling of being a child again in the presence of all the wonder of the world's beauty, capturing for a few fleeting moments the youthful sensation of life's road stretching out forever ahead.

If only....    {{{sigh}}}

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum