Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

WTF 82 guests on a Tuesday afternoon------does anybody have a logical answer for this drastic change

+3
Markle
Telstar
2seaoat
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I do not get this, but some thread has kicked off google or bing response bringing folks here. Boards has suggested Bots, but has he had robot based applications for registration to this forum? I could get bots attacking this forum because they did not like what a forum was talking about, but I have to agree with Boards that most of the time the level of conversations does not warrant 80 people peeping. Does anybody have a theory which makes sense. If there were peekers, statistically some quantity would crossover to be registered users, but there are no new members.....very strange when we went for years with 3-5 guests.....

Telstar

Telstar

Iceland, Hong Kong, the whole world is reading.

2seaoat

118 peekers..........do not get it, what triggered this rise in clicks on this site.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:118 peekers..........do not get it, what triggered this rise in clicks on this site.

My threads and responses. Simple!

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:118 peekers..........do not get it, what triggered this rise in clicks on this site.

My threads and responses.  Simple!

HA! What a joke. There's the ultimate expression of misplaced self-importance if I ever saw it.

2seaoat

HA! What a joke. There's the ultimate expression of misplaced self-importance if I ever saw it.

You evidently have a short memory........

2seaoat

Well we have over five hundred peekers now as some thread or trend has elevated this forum to some kind of relevancy. I questioned how we ever got to 200 peekers in 2013, but we just transcended that by two fold.......I do not think Boards would manipulate visitors, so just to make sure that there is no way the administrator can kick up these numbers, and he explain WTF is going on with the visitors on this forum, and if they are legitimate, why is nobody applying for a password and participating? This has been a growing trend for two weeks.

RealLindaL

72 guests on right now; 12:13 a.m. Central Time.  The only other thought I had was the thread about the Blue Angels, since people come from all over the country to see them, and folks may be trying to determine if they'll really be flying at the July 16 air show -- even though the PNJ has since confirmed the show is on, and I'd imagine the Blue Angels' site has, too.    It's a stretch -- and the thread is growing whiskers -- but I can't think of anything else.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:HA! What a joke. There's the ultimate expression of misplaced self-importance if I ever saw it.

You evidently have a short memory........

Not at all; a lot of that going around.

2seaoat

We now have a couple hundred peekers on a weeknight. Nobody has an answer, but if you would have told me this forum would have five hundred visitors at peak time......I would think you were smoking something. We did get a new user trying to sell a stump service.....which actually I may be a customer, and few new people registering, but five hundred peepers....where are the new people? Do not have an answer, but in this complex world the very fact this trend just happens, makes you think of the tracking of your auto, phone, and computers......something has happened on this forum and not one member is giving a rational explanation.

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:
Markle wrote:

My threads and responses.  Simple!

HA! What a joke.  There's the ultimate expression of misplaced self-importance if I ever saw it.  

What is your explanation? This happened after I began posting and responding to other threads.

Plus my post obviously annoys you.

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:What is your explanation?  This happened after I began posting and responding to other threads.

I've already offered two possible explanations (which may or may not have any validity whatsoever, but they're probably just as likely, if not more so, than your own).   You'd probably already know that if you'd taken the time to read anyone else's posts on this issue, contained in a couple of different Seaoat threads about increasing guest viewership.

In any event, why would you care if your post annoys me? Don't you just love annoying people?   Actually, I think it would most likely annoy virtually anyone, because you put yourself and all your threads at the center of this little universe, and I really doubt that you and your political spam are anywhere near that big a draw, but I could be wrong.

All in all I think it's just one of those mysteries of the ether, and certainly not worth anyone's fretting about.

2seaoat

You have always been a gentleman with Linda, and if she is annoyed with you it really is minor and a disagreement between two people on issues. I however, after ten years of extending to her respect and deference because she showed intelligence in her posts, had the audacity to say a letter she wrote was morally wrong.....not a disagreement on an issue, but a character flaw which is not what gentlemen like you do on this forum..........I had the audacity to call the letter for what it was.......a blatant attack on a citizen who was law abiding and was wrongfully stopped by an officer who tried to escalate conflict because a citizen stood his ground to ask for a supervisor......yes some people on this forum tried to shun you....even banning you at one point, but for the most part you have been a gentleman......when it comes to hate prejudice and actual harm to a black law abiding citizen like commissioner May where a letter is actually sent to compound the lynch mob....I am no gentleman and annoyance is an understatement.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:We now have a couple hundred peekers on a weeknight. Nobody has an answer, but if you would have told me this forum would have five hundred visitors at peak time......I would think you were smoking something. We did get a new user trying to sell a stump service.....which actually I may be a customer, and few new people registering, but five hundred peepers....where are the new people? Do not have an answer, but in this complex world the very fact this trend just happens, makes you think of the tracking of your auto, phone, and computers......something has happened on this forum and not one member is giving a rational explanation.

There is a fifth dimension.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ymjp2uIBws

boards of FL

boards of FL

It's bots.  Trust me.  500+ people were not browsing this forum. This should be obvious when you check the "whose online". People in South America, Australia, the middle east, southeast asia, europe, japan are not currently browsing this forum.

Telstar

Telstar

boards of FL wrote:It's bots.  Trust me.  500+ people were not browsing this forum. This should be obvious when you check the "whose online". People in South America, Australia, the middle east, southeast asia, europe, japan are not currently browsing this forum.

Makes sense to me. Iceland and Hong Kong just don't figure as flesh and blood peepers.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Telstar wrote:
boards of FL wrote:It's bots.  Trust me.  500+ people were not browsing this forum.  This should be obvious when you check the "whose online".  People in South America, Australia, the middle east, southeast asia, europe, japan are not currently browsing this forum.  

Makes sense to me. Iceland and Hong Kong just don't figure as flesh and blood peepers.
How did you get here from an IP in New York?. Not saying you are actuakly in New York.

2seaoat

I would tend to agree with the argument that they are not reading the forum because most of these visit reference the "forum index", however what kicked off this sudden interest across the globe in this forum when this has NOT happened before. Why do we go along for years with three to five guests and suddenly go to five hundred visitors. What in our index caused this forum to be targeted?

Sal

Sal

It's obviously bots.

My guess is someone clicked on a banner ad, and maybe even made a purchase setting off a feeding frenzy.

RealLindaL

boards of FL wrote:It's bots.  Trust me.  500+ people were not browsing this forum.  This should be obvious when you check the "whose online".  People in South America, Australia, the middle east, southeast asia, europe, japan are not currently browsing this forum.  

Makes sense, but why does forumotion's system not detect them as such? I mean, it will usually tell us there are 1 or 2 bots online, along with a certain number of guests. Why do you suppose a couple of bots are identifiable as such, and the rest aren't?

Just wondering, if you know.

boards of FL

boards of FL

RealLindaL wrote:

Makes sense, but why does forumotion's system not detect them as such?  I mean, it will usually tell us there are 1 or 2 bots online, along with a certain number of guests.  Why do you suppose a couple of bots are identifiable as such, and the rest aren't?

Not sure about that.

RealLindaL

boards of FL wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Makes sense, but why does forumotion's system not detect them as such?  I mean, it will usually tell us there are 1 or 2 bots online, along with a certain number of guests.  Why do you suppose a couple of bots are identifiable as such, and the rest aren't?

Not sure about that.  

Well, thanks for the honest answer, anyway.   Smile

Markle

Markle

Why does anyone care?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:Why does anyone care?

WTF 82 guests on a Tuesday afternoon------does anybody have a logical answer for this drastic change Candy-a6562c866510bb5036724f05ebbe3a02

RealLindaL

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:Why does anyone care?

WTF 82 guests on a Tuesday afternoon------does anybody have a logical answer for this drastic change Candy-a6562c866510bb5036724f05ebbe3a02

So how come I didn't get a Werther's when I said it wasn't worth anyone's fretting about?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum