Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

We have the granddaughters tonight......heaven

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

Just finished popcorn, and the wife set them up to color their new Tshirts with art work......they are so creative and so innocent. I cannot express my joy as the daughter has a wedding Saturday and we get them until Sunday, when they will go to a white sox game where they have an American Doll show in center field. I will take them out on the golf cart, but no pearls this weekend as seashell island is covered.......lots of rain in Wisconsin. We also got our dog's sister for the weekend. To watch those two run free and with absolute joy is much fun, but Ellie has a tendency to have the geese lure her into the river and then they swing around up stream as she fights the current trying to get them........our dog looks at her sister and a little bubble appears above her head.......Box of rocks.

2seaoat

Golf cart ride complete as the dogs chased geese, and the granddaughters collected goose feathers. The wife has set up some cardboard crowns which the girls will paint, and then we will add their goose feathers. Photos later tonight.

Took them over to the neighbors house which had a major fire. They had been inside the house before and were very curious how a fire starts. I explained that a charcoal had fallen on the wood deck and had started the deck and outside wall on fire. They were worried how the people got out, but I explained nobody was home. I am amazed that this major fire has a new roof over the house......I thought it would be months having dealt with fire insurance companies before they would have completed the house, but this farmer and folks in the community cleared off the burned shell, rebuilt taller walls, and then put on the new roof. What a difference than doing work in Santa Rosa County. In Illinois if the property is zoned agricultural and you make over 50% of your income from farming no building permit is required. In Santa Rosa County, you would spend four thousand on an engineer, two thousand on an architect, wait six months for approvals.......the panhandle votes Republican in national elections, but it is Mayor Daley Democratic at the local level.....intrusive, hindinering and an absolute lack of common sense........oh well back outside to enjoy the grandkids.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

What a great weekend...... had 3 of my granddaughters a couple of nights ago. So much fun.

2seaoat

Granddaughters had to see some bad behavior from Papa this afternoon. I will not get into the detail because I thought those days were behind me as weak as I have become, but I lost my cool with a trespasser who had an attitude....attitude was adjusted, but granddaughters saw a side of Papa they have never seen. I am not dead yet, and you should stay clear of a wounded animal by pretending to be a bad asz. I will go get Pizza and probably build a campfire for smores this evening, and then tell scary stories to just pisz the daughter off because she remembers my scary stories when I took our kids camping...... and she would get scared.......heaven.....I may already be dead.

2seaoat

Box of rocks chased more geese, the girls collected more feathers, and sadly I noticed that box of rocks is urinating at a rate of about five fold. I have notice this visit that she had puffing around her eyes, and that she was drinking much more water than she has in the past. She made a mistake in the house which she never does, and I am concerned that she may have a bladder infection, or possibly diabetes. We had a dog who was 12 who had diabetes where we gave her a shot every day. She lived two more years, but it started with drinking a lot of water and frequent urination. This is a young dog, so I am hoping it is some type of infection. I will ask the daughter to monitor and track her drinking and urination for a vet visit.

Campfire begins soon and it is time to talk about tree monkeys.......My brother's wife did not talk to me for two weeks after one campfire where I told stories to my kids and my nieces and nephews......it was those tree monkey stories, where my one niece is a physicians assistant in Arizona who is repeating my stories.......to her kids......what is a campfire for?

2seaoat

Papa has become a old dumb asz.....I was going to start identifying constellations when I said, lets see if we can find mars......my just finished first grader said.....Papa.....that is Venus, it is low in the sky and the first planet you will see. My wife looks at me......I am thinking, this kid corrected me on the Whale tail fin on easter in Milton, and now she is telling the eagle scout about constellations and planets......I was stunned. So I ask her, who taught you about Venus......she goes Shaun.........Shaun was her first Grade teacher. This is the teacher who had a class of first graders projecting and remembering their lines in three plays this spring.......do not tell me that teachers do not matter. She is a very talented artist, but I just did not think in first grade she would be explaining why something is not a whale, and why a planet was not mars but Venus........they are getting their showers now, and I am stunned. America has little or no problems if teachers are doing the great job which shaun did with my granddaughter.....oh Mrs. seaoat shut me down on my tree monkey stories......rendered to the bench.....no more am I relevant.......just something which makes my granddaughters smile.......

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Great stories.

2seaoat

Too funny......Daughter came to pick up grandkids, and box of rocks would not get in my daughter's car......she did not want to leave dog paradise, my granddaughter finally with a leash got her in the car, where she proceeded to jump out of the car when the other granddaughter opened her door.   Daughter dragged her back into the car.   She will be making a vet appointment to get a blood test to see if her white blood cells are elevated with a bladder infection, or if her sugar levels are high with possible diabetes......they give her people snacks which kids do not understand that some of what we eat really is not good for us or dogs.....we keep our dog away from people food and strictly feed her dog food.  Our average age of our dogs passing is 14 years, and most of these dogs are not small dogs, but all our dogs lived long healthy lives because we believe in allowing them to run free and finding places where that can happen.  Not a real fan of cages.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum