Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blues Cancelling Many Shows Due to Crash

+5
no stress
knothead
2seaoat
RealLindaL
ZVUGKTUBM
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Sal

Sal

You must've missed it, Oats.

I was agreeing with you.

Maybe, you need to put your glasses atop your enormous head.

2seaoat

Maybe, you need to put your glasses atop your enormous head.

Big head.......I do not think there is a more modest person on this forum, but with that big head few concepts fly over it......... Very Happy Twisted Evil

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:I know....everybody hates it when I am right.....please go to the politics threads where I once again called how easy it would be to fake attacks on Trump people to play the same on Fox......bingo......, but if anybody thinks children watching delivery systems of death are cool because they can blow smoke and fly in unison......then give a gun to a child and argue when the Iranians invade PB, that child will be prepared......it actually is about gray matter, and thinking about what is important in America.....so if some folks want to sit on the beach and watch military hardware wasting millions of dollars of taxpayer money and think we are safer......who am I to interfere with their beach party......my only objection is what these shows do to America........so I guess I am lacking in gray matter because sitting on the beach watching war machines while sipping on a drink sure is easier than letting people know that I will not attend.....what is wrong with you Seaoat.....you belong in San Francisco.......what a jerk.......ask my neighbor who spent almost two years in a VA hospital how great it was and all the money spent on his wounds and comfort while there(not)....but the air shows....bring us some more raw meat, as we sell the next generation of trillion dollar fighter jets to fight exactly who?

As far as your being right, Sea, you are in your own mind.  That doesn't make you objectively right, nor does the approval of our dear Sal make you correct, unless someone appointed him the infallible arbiter of the world.

As far as sipping on a drink, you must be speaking of someone else.  I drink nothing but water on the beach and rarely touch alcohol at all.  So, to answer your assumption on that other thread, although yes, I may've smoked in my younger, more ignorant, days -- when of course I was, as we all were, immortal (which has what to do with what??) -- I at least did not spend those years, nor any time in my adulthood, pickling my insides with copious amounts of booze, surely as stupid a pursuit as smoking.

2seaoat

unless someone appointed him the infallible arbiter of the world.

King Seaoat herein declares that Sir Sal is the infallible arbiter of the world, and has the final word on all things, but that sovereign immunity still is the rule and criticism of Seaoat will result in summary execution, or torture by sitting through a blue angels air show, or being locked in an elevator for an hour listening to rambling man.......

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:Sir Sal is the infallible arbiter of the world,

Dayum, that took long enough.

Now, all's right in the world.

Hallmarkgard

LOL My MY Mr Oats sure has worked his self into a "Tizzie" about the Blue Angels. Years ago I used to work on the J48 Engine rebuild line at NARF Building 648/649. We built engines that the Blues used. I used to take great pride when I watched them practice over my house, knowing that my hands were part of the show. So part of the 155 million they wasted went to me and co workers.

More than once I stood on the DMZ in Korea and looked at the folks on the other side. We intercepted their communication and more than once was able to stop their insurgents. I was and still proud of my actions. I was glad that we had men of outstanding skill who flew the F4s could come to my aid if needed.

I think you are pretty funny, makes me smile to hear the "War Machine" rant.. Carry on.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Hallmarkgard wrote:LOL  My MY  Mr Oats sure has worked his self into a "Tizzie" about the Blue Angels.  Years ago I used to work on the J48 Engine rebuild line at NARF  Building 648/649.  We built engines that the Blues used.  I used to take great pride when I watched them practice over my house, knowing that my hands were part of the show.  So part of the 155 million they wasted went to me and co workers.

More than once I stood on the DMZ in Korea and looked at the folks on the other side.  We intercepted  their communication and more than once was able to stop their insurgents.  I was and still proud of my actions.  I was glad that we had men of  outstanding skill who  flew the F4s could come to my aid if needed.

I think you are pretty funny, makes me smile to hear the "War Machine" rant..  Carry on.

So you worked at NARF later to become NADEP? In the early to mid 90s, the company I worked for did much of the environmental investigations performed at Buildings 648/649. I got to know that location very well. We also did a lot of work in that swamp directly south of the complex.

In the 80s until it closed NADEP Pensacola did all of the Standard Depot Level Maintenance (SDLM) for the Marine Corps' fleet of CH-53D helicopters. I was the Aircraft Maintenance Officer for a CH-53D squadron on the west coast from 1985-1988, and used to send our aircraft to Pensacola to be re-worked. I never got anything except a piece of junk with a fresh paint-job back from NADEP. Whenever we got an aircraft back, it became a hangar-queen for 2-months while the Marines who worked for me spent hundreds of man-hours changing or redoing a lot of the work that NADEP performed. I was not sad to see that place get shut down.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

We have become a militarized society who has terrorized the world with an out of control military industrial complex which can buy congress and sell their weapons around the world to kill people......and draw us into the longest wars in the middle east in our history while killing hundreds of thousands of innocents........it is easy to find patriotism for this great country, but it is a fool who worships at the alter of the Military Industrial Complex and confuses those motives of profit and control of our government for patriotism and real protection of Americans. We export war and kill innocents, and justify if with yellow cake lies and Gulf of Tonkin fantasy......yet to watch our country's wealth being stolen as the newest war of terror never ends as we no longer defend this nation against nation states, but ideas........so Linda can find pride in the show and believe it represents a stronger American defense, and you can argue full employment, but 110 million dollars in one year could build American infrastructure and enhance our GDP which is where our ability to defend Americans must be gauged. I so wish T was here......it took him a life time of buying into the bull chit to become enlightened, and then he was taken from us too soon. No, we have gone too far in militarizing our society, and what is obvious to most now becomes a Tizzie......nope, I will not worship at the alter of MIC, so the next generation of wealth stealing weapons systems can be sold under the guise of defense......folks we have been exporting war, and please look at T's posts for the last five years.....he influenced many to stop and think.

Hallmarkgard

I bet they never had to jack with one my engines. LOL I am sure the plating shop did a hell of job on the environment. Cyanide, acids etc..They used to chrome plate the inside of the cylinders on the 1380 radial engines. Nasty stuff. My Father was head of Industrial relations, My uncle, N J Redding, was a GS14 head of supply. I lasted about 2 years and got caught in a RIF... My shop did good work...

Hallmarkgard

I will not worship at the alter of MIC,...We know... You had to go to school...

2seaoat

Z is saying that building did bad rebuilds.......but the old days of heat treating and plating were nasty times. I saw stuff just dumped down the sewer, but then I went off to school, but I can guarantee you that my machined bearings never wore out because they were the best, and our machinist were the best......but we were working for the public marketplace and not the MIC where crap produced only means approval of a bigger and more expensive weapon system......nope I was a damn good machinist while working my way through school.......so good that I worked on roller bearings in one plant, and was hired by a ball bearing plant, as we made the rod ends for helicopters, and across town a pump manufacturer got accused of being responsible for the nuclear sub which disappeared and went down in the sixties in Atlantic ocean....so Z is probably right.....industry left Pensacola because........? All those jobs making weapon systems as if that was good for America......not really.

Hallmarkgard

You missed it OATS....Here was you chance to stand up and say "Fuck You Blue Angels, Merchants of Death"
http://www.pnj.com/story/news/2016/06/09/pensacola-honors-fallen-blue-angel-candlelight-vigil/85615538/

2seaoat

When I worked for Federal-Mogul we made three foot diameter bearings for the steel mills.....those were double roller bearings. I worked for Borg Warner and bore grind rod ends, and assembled ball bearing which went all over the world for conveyors, air conditioners, heavy equipment, and military equipment.......we did not put tic tac plastic retainers, we put in brass, and we had incredible quality control, when manufacturing had integrity and nothing left if it was not in tolerance.....incredible tight tolerances.......the Federal Mogul plant ran from the unions in the late 60s and built three plants in cornfields in three states......all gone now......The Borg Warner plant just got torn down last year to put in a designer mall selling chinese goods....the plant had 1000 people working there when I worked at the plant.........but instead of giving tax credits and investing in American industry, we let the 1% pour our industry into the worst investment for an economy.....military equipment, where Germany and Japan were pouring resources in capital equipment. I saw modern cincinnati capital equipment being tied together with robots loading parts and improving productivity to all time levels....but did they share it with the workers....hell no.....they took half of the production to Ky, then they left KY for Mexico, and then the last half they sent to china......and the best bearings in America now have a mall sitting on top of its grave......tizzy.....hardly.......we have been scammed by the rich and powerful who export war, and destroy this country.

2seaoat

You missed it OATS....Here was you chance to stand up and say "Fuck You Blue Angels, Merchants of Death"

Sure, Hallmark........if you are against war, you are against those who are sacrificed at the alter of MIC.......it makes it easy to attack anybody who wants the bread and circus to stop.........a person died and I do not share your callous rejection of their life as Merchants of Death.....nope........there are appropriate places to have the conversations to end the influence of the MIC.....and your soap opera theatrics are not the place.......the budget committee of congress is where it starts, and maybe more pilots will not be sacrificed on selling war. Maybe a kid can grow up and actually be independent of working to make weapons systems and armaments.......yea......you know the way our founding fathers lived and dreamed.

Hallmarkgard

Maybe Tinken kicked there ass?  LOL  Fucking Mexicans....
http://www.timken.com/en-us/about/Pages/default.aspx

http://www.timken.com/en-us/about/Pages/default.aspx

World Headquarters
The Timken Company
4500 Mount Pleasant NW
North Canton, OH 44720

Hallmarkgard

Well said!!! ".if you are against war, you are against those who are sacrificed at the alter of MIC".....

2seaoat

We kicked Timkens asz.....their quality was chit......they put out bearings whose tolerances were not close to our Borg Warner bearings........and some of our supervisors came from the original Timken plant in Indiana back in the forties.......But I worked for the best, and we made the best.   Brass retainers were really expensive, and timken was using steel and plastic retainers.....well eventually we were bought out by Emerson Electric in a corporate raid and it did not take long to put chit in our bearings and not invest in quality control......make quick profits for the 1% who would shortly send our equipment which were perfected by fifty years of folks who knew what they were doing only to have some 1% folks steal the plant and strip it from the community.   I was proud of what I contributed to make real wealth which did not go down the rabbit hole of a society building weapons and arms which produce nothing and who need more government teat suckers to keep the profits for MIC.....Tizzy.....you have not even gotten the surface of my resentment toward war and those who stole this country, and throw our kids into the middle east to fight other's battles.

Hallmarkgard

So none of your company's bearings were used by the military ? Maybe you indirectly supported the merchants of death

2seaoat

http://www.emersonindustrial.com/es-ES/brands/Pages/sealmaster.aspx

I made these bearings and never was prouder. They took me from the machine floor and made me part of a team which was implementing new modern computer systems which controlled manufacturing called MRP as we dropped close to 20 million dollars of inventory which at the time prime was over 18% which meant we saved almost four million a year when the business was only doing fifty million in the mid seventies. I worked on automation and material handling equipment which ultimately made it easier for the bastards who came in and bought the company to strip it from the community and the people who built America and the company. I made a career change after they wanted me to go to a York Air conditioning plant in Ky to implement the same success and as I drove around coal mining country, I made a decision......I was going to make a career change.....because the loyalty of industry to its workers had been replaced by a cold and calculating prostitution of American workers where capital had more importance than labor. I am still friends with so many folks who worked and made great American products......thrown to the side like a bag of garbage in a Capitalist paradigm which had lost its mind, as Americans were secondary to wealth accumulation. I still miss the team approach to manufacturing and the pride we had in what we built....we knew as a team we were good, Timken....no wonder those engine fails were happening in that building.....Timken......

2seaoat

So none of your company's bearings were used by the military ? Maybe you indirectly supported the merchants of death

We had a division called spherco which made rod ends for aviation. Most of the market was just standard rod ends for industrial equipment, but the aviation dept. had incredible qc which I started on a bore grinder. I ran one machine at borg warner. When I worked at the non union Federal Mogul plant I rand five bore grinders........I sat there wondering how can this company make money when I can run five machines, but it was a time which made me question unions and how anybody could not understand that we had to work harder and smarter to beat foreign competition. There may have been some bearings which found their way into military helicopters, but most of the rod ends went into private aircraft. The ball bearing side of the plant started with conveyors for handling baggage, gravel, and other materials where the environment was tough as hell. Air conditioners built in America probably had our bearings....quiet and dependable as those brass retainers were strong yet wore great. No we made things which made America great, not bearings which would sit on equipment which would not produce anything but death. Capital equipment begets growth in the GDP.....military equipment is a huge hole in the bottom of the boat having sunk the soviet union and many a society who does not understand that large military budgets kill the GDP

Hallmarkgard

Lol. No engines failed fr out shop. Buy the way. I built boats for 30 years. All American made bu GOBs. We built the some of the best boats in the world. And they are still being built. Lol. Timikin is still in business and your guys? Go cry and watch some more sports. It will make you feel better

2seaoat

Emerson electric is still kicking Timkens asz in their markets, but folks that build them are workers in China and Mexico. In my lifetime I have seen incredible changes but the pride of building the best American products and shipping them all over the world is something which my new vocations never gave me a whiff of the satisfaction of working as a team to make great products. I remember when they sent me to South Bend Indiana to an old tractor manufacturer who said our tolerances were bad on a batch of bearings......I looked around this plant which looked like it was built in the 1890s with old wooden skids and worn out machines and we resolved the tolerance issues, and I knew driving from south bend that American manufacturing was in trouble......well Bendex the brake people bought the company stripped it of assets and the tractor company was gone......Americans used to know how to build things and understood using their hands.....so now as I am dying and work all these projects where I am using my skills so long ago acquired, people do not understand, but anybody who ever worked on the floor of an American manufacturing plant when quality and giving a chit mattered completely gets why I am doing what I am doing.

Hallmarkgard

People still do know how to build and use their hands and brains Patti shipyard is a perfect example. My son is a superintendent for a large mechanical company. My daughter. Is a 6 figure soft wear developer. Your crying gets old. If you think dismantling our mitarty is a good thing then you are a fool.

RealLindaL

Hallmarkgard wrote:If you think dismantling our mitarty is a good thing then you are a fool.  

Amen and thank you.

Peace and goodnight all,
LindaL

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I love the BLUE ANGELS. They are a proud  part of our city. I always watch and cheer them on as if each pilot can hear and see me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum