Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sad construction accident

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sad construction accident Empty Sad construction accident 5/25/2016, 5:30 pm

2seaoat

I was driving to work, and I take 88 past Rochelle. They have been repaving the toll road, and in typical Illinois corrupt political deals the contractor had milked this job for about six months longer than it should have taken, but the toll authority pockets huge dollars, and their board is all appointees from political hacks.......so payolla means not being accountable to the tax payers and dragging out construction to bill time and material.

Well, I knew it was bad because of six state police cars. I had guessed a motorist had hit a construction truck or equipment because my wife and I have complained for a year on how sloppy they have been with the safety lane barrels which look like a drunk put them out as the zig and zag and give no protection to workers. To my surprise it was a dump truck which backed up over a 43 year old. I sadly saw the blanket over him as his contorted arm was up in the air. That vision just made me incredibly sad. When people say that politics do not matter. That efficient government does not matter. That safety regulation does not matter.......well this entire project was a Cluster F from the beginning, and the Illinois Toll Authority, the contractor, and the politicians will pay a death work comp payment to this man's family, and not ONE THING WILL CHANGE. I have a friend who was a Republican political hack who got an administrative job with this authority who promised twenty years ago to end the tolls, and after multiple federal indictments, corruption, and now a dead man consumed by utter incompetence, nothing will change. I have written these bastards, but the entrenched Chicago Machine, and the complicity of the Illinois Republican Party where Haesert mysteriously bought a two hundred acre farm in the path of a new road to be built by these bastards as they divi up their profits......well there is one family who lost a loved one who would have liked this project to have been managed properly.....safety precautions and procedures......but nope.....I have to spend what is left of my life with that image and the knowledge these bastards indirectly killed this man.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum