Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

For Your Listening Pleasure ...

+3
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
Sal
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

2seaoat

You should seek processional help to forgive yourself... we can tell your angst by how often you project it on others.

Pleaseeeeee......A Presidential candidate gets his party's nominee calling Mexicans rapist and criminals, and wanting to ban a religious group.....pure Jim Crow fascism.....and he sweeps the south......a NY Yankee nonetheless.....but he knew that people think they are superior to blacks, Mexicans, and Muslims. Sorry......that attitude of xenophobic fascism has always been present in history, but when modernity, education, and tolerance it is defeated consistently throughout history because it is so caustic and damaging to society. In regard to projecting on to others on this forum who commonly call Muslims rag heads and generalize that Muslims are inherently dangerous and evil.......we are so close to what triggered WWII....dangerously close, and it will take more folks telling the truth, than your dog whistle attitudes.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

"...processional help..." Will they throw flowers at him?

2seaoat

I always try to be nice on typos because anyone of us can do it at anytime, but that was funny when I saw it......I was thinking more of a parade honoring Seaoat, but somehow I think PK had something else in mind......

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:

Pleaseeeeee......A Presidential candidate gets his party's nominee calling Mexicans rapist and criminals, and wanting to ban a religious group.....pure Jim Crow fascism.....and he sweeps the south.....

Same exact thing Duane and Gregg Allman did.  They campaigned for George Wallace and Strom Thurmond all the while shouting racial insults at black people.
And like you've pointed out so many times before,  Jaimoe Johanson,  the drummer,  might have been black,  but it didn't matter because he was an uncle tom who praised the ku klux klan for their good work.  
It's been reported that Duane Allman was the Imperial Lizard of the Georgia Klan. And "Ramblin Man" was just a dog whistle for redneck racists. If you play it backwards all you hear is the n word over and over.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob you have a pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Seaoat,

Here's the real story about Southern Rock and racism. But of course you'll never accept it because you don't want to know the actual history, just the one you want to believe.

http://scholarcommons.usf.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=3038&context=etd

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Actually, seaoat, I'm doubting that you ever spent as much of your youth and life in the south as you claimed in that other post.
Why? Because if you had you would have already known what's in that thesis and you didn't. Your understanding of the history of Southern Rock is polar opposite of what actually happened. Makes no sense if you actually were in the south during those years.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This excerpt from that thesis sums up the history of it,  seaoat.  And if you had been in the south during that period,  like me,  you wouldn't keep saying that Southern Rock represents racism like you have said umpteen times in your posts.  You would know better.
You have a right to your own opinion on anything,  seaoat.  But you don't have any right to have your own facts.

For Your Listening Pleasure ... - Page 2 Rock11

Sal

Sal

Jumpin' Jebus on a pogo stick, this thread sure went off the rails fast.

It's a dog singing and playing ... not one ... not two ... but, three pianos, and you people want to make it into an argument about old folks music.

Sheesh ...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:Jumpin' Jebus on a pogo stick, this thread sure went off the rails fast.

It's a dog singing and playing ... not one ... not two ... but, three pianos, and you people want to make it into an argument about old folks music.

Sheesh ...

Is that dog southern? Because if he is, the music is racist. Or as seaoat would put it, a "dog whistling". Which makes you a racist for showing it to us.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob, weren't you there when the radio stations wouldn't even play rock & roll, or when white musicians capitalized on black music, while black musicians starved? That wasn't necessarily a Southern phenomenon; it happened all over the country. Separate, but equal...or so it was said at the time. The Allmans may or may not have been flaming racists; they were simply a product of the times.

2seaoat

Bob's premise and the entire defense of Southern rock is flawed. It is the exact same argument of the confederate flag......Southern Pride, which begs the question of why should there be southern pride unless those ideals which were De Jure in the South and rested firmly on the foundation of inequality of races and that having pride in a bygone era which cherished those institutions was good. Sorry, it is so illogical that it is laughable, and to say a person is drunk and calls for white power in support of a political candidate who wants to exclude other races is what it is and has nothing to do with a joke, or being drunk. Sorry, people will meet their judgment day, and Bob has always been right about one tenet.....to treat others as you expect to be treated and Southern Rock was an unnecessary diversion and classification of music which was punctuated with the symbol of evil, the confederate flag, and as I have stated for years, my family in Birmingham were haters and they did not want racial equality or just two bathrooms, not because they were inherently bad people, but because the mores and folkways of an evil De Jure system of Jim Crow feed hate and prejudice and Bob's southern rock on whole did the same damn thing.

I think about the recent death of Senator Bennett, as he tried to come to terms with his demise. His deep need to apologize to Muslims for what the Republican Party and particularly Donald Trump was saying was the mark of an honorable man who understood we will be judged by our deeds and our hearts.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:
Bob, weren't you there when the radio stations wouldn't even play rock & roll, or when white musicians capitalized on black music, while black musicians starved?  That wasn't necessarily a Southern phenomenon; it happened all over the country.  Separate, but equal...or so it was said at the time.  The Allmans may or may not have been flaming racists; they were simply a product of the times.  

By the time Southern Rock first came on the scene in the late 60's, black musicians and the music they were creating were all over the white radio stations, Tex. It was called Soul music and Motown.
Not only was I there, I was playing keyboards in a Soul band that was half white and half black.

Yes, the Allmans WERE indeed a product of the times. Like the British rock and rollers, they had grown up listening mainly to black music and being inspired by it. "Flaming racists"? What utter horseshit.

2seaoat

The lines in "Sweet Home Alabama" are a direct response to Young's anti-racist, anti-cross burning "Southern Man" and "Alabama" songs. Lynyrd Skynyrd's comeback was intended to mean, at first glance, "Thank you for your opinion Neil, now leave us alone."

Leave us alone with our dog whistle transformation from Jim Crow to the politics of separation.....where the rebel flag symbolized exactly what Southern Rock was about......WHITE southern pride in a bygone society where the Southern man was relevant and not characterized as evil....sorry Bob.......but why the distinction.......why the current politics of the South......and why your incessant rationalization and complete amnesia of what Jim Crow which was in your childhood and the transformation to dog whistle which you deny as folks in a restaurant in New Mexico speak Spanish.....your neck deep in the quick sand.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The lyrics in Sweet Home Alabama are a response to Neil Young stereotyping everyone in the South,  seaoat.  And that everyone included me even though I was traveling with black musicians and playing in black music clubs.  
My generation of Southerners was different than what came before it when it comes to race and civil rights. At least a sizable portion of it.  And the Allman Brothers were the first Southern bred "hippies".  They didn't stand for the same shit George Wallace and his ilk stood for.  To lump them in with that is historically so wrong that it's laughable.  The traditional Southern mindset which came before them thought they were long haired commies who were corrupting the minds of children.  
When Duane Allman was a session player in Muscle Shoals, he and the black musicians wouldn't even join the rest for lunch in the local restaurants because he was just as objectionable to those old rednecks as the black musicians were.  
You just have no clue what you're talking about but you keep spewing out your nonsense over and over.  You and Donald Trump have a lot in common. lol

2seaoat

I know exactly what I am talking about as southern babyboomer who were all about southern rock flock to Donald Trump and his xenophobic nonesense......sorry Bob you are the one who is completely ignoring reality, but you grasp it only in your own selfish perspective when a local radio station attacks sexual choice, but ignore completely that it was that radio host who introduced Trump in Pensacola, and that the South overwhelmingly put Trump over the hump as his hate and bigotry played in the south with folks who are getting their geritol and playing elevator music expressing southern pride when the white man kept all others at a lower status and life was good.....you are in complete denial......and you are totally selfish in your selective outrage, and selectivity confirms what I have always said.....you are a xenophobic hater who denies what it means to attack children crossing the border, or workers in New Mexico speaking Spanish.....you are living in some fantasy world and you accuse me of not knowing what I talk about......one word.....TRUMP

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

That's the dumbest and most ignorant thing you've written yet. Trust me seaoat, Duane Allman was ultra-liberal. He'd be for Bernie Sanders, not Donald Trump. Your confusing him with that asshole Ted Nugent. No the fact is you don't know shit about Southern Rock.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

p.s. I would have corrected that typo (your vs you're). but I'm on this stupid I-pad and the version it gives me has no edit function.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And it occurs to me that no other hard core rock and roller is also an obsessed right-winger, except that one, Nugent. And that piece of shit ain't even from the south.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

So why ain't Neil Young telling Nugent off with a song? The fuckin hypocrite.

2seaoat

No the fact is you don't know shit about Southern Rock.

I know who listened to it and why.......and I know the confederate flag at those concerts and I know my cousins who were fans and got out of the pool in North Birmingham when some black kids got in the pool....yea separating music which had become increasingly urbanized and black was simply without context.....and please correct my typos because I do tend to get sloppy when educating folks on two threads at the same time.......Southern Rock was a cultural civil war with black influence in music, not an honoring of the same.....complete denial and insanity.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It also occurs to me that Neil Young was doing exactly what Ted Cruz did when Cruz bitched about "New York values".
And when New Yorkers are on the receiving end of a stereotype, New Yorkers don't like that any more than Southerners do.

2seaoat

Help me Bob.....did NY ever have De Jure four bathrooms where a kid who could not even understand why there were two bathrooms.......had to make a choice and could not read. Funny I went all over the country and did not see that except in the South. Did NY have a flag at their concerts which said F America, Black, brown, and muslims and listen to "our" music.......chit it took a NY producer to make southern rock edible and barely at that.......Stereotypes are bad if I judge an individual person with a southern accent. However, objective analysis of facts, or seeing the behavior of an individual absent his geography, is not stereotyping.....it is telling the fricking truth......you have played your garage sale puffing and trickery where maybe you honestly do not recognize the truth anymore......what Southern rock meant to you is your opinion and I have no right to critique the same, but what it meant to this country is more of the same......and that "same" is not BS to a great many Americans but one more tool of oppression.

2seaoat

I am impressed that you played the keyboards. Did you take lessons as a child or were you self taught. Do you play now? You know......a tune like Dixie on a piano can rev me up.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Well of course there was far more racism in the south than in the north.
At least that's the commonly held view.
I'll accept it no problem but, having never lived in the north, I have no confirmation of that.

But if your evidence that Duane Allman was a racist is that there was more racism in the south than in the north, I sure hope you're never charged with a crime in a justice system like that. lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum