Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This 14-year-old turned down a $30M buyout offer

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/10/technology/recmed-taylor-rosenthal-techcrunch-disrupt/index.html?iid=ob_homepage_tech_pool

The kid hails from Opelika, Alabama. He invented and patented a vending machine that dispenses medical supplies, like bandaids and first aid kits. He got the idea when a teacher made his students come up with a product and business model. He is the pitcher on his HS baseball team, and he noted how players were always banged-up and needing bandaids, etc. after games. Six Flags ordered 100 of his vending machines, and he has already turned down one buy-out offer for $30 million.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Great job.

"He didn't build that"... selfish little prick.

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:"He didn't build that"... selfish little prick.

Wish people would quit purposefully (or ignorantly, can never tell which) quit taking that Obama quote OUT OF CONTEXT.   He was talking about the INFRASTRUCTURE that allows ALL entrepreneurs and "job creators" to do business.  Can you picture an enterprise attempting to receive materials or ship goods, send salesmen out on the road, etc., etc., if there were no national or other highway systems built by various government entities (including, of course the federal government), NOT by any one company or entrepreneur??   THAT'S clearly what Obama was talking about -- that no one can do everything entirely on his own and that government serves a valuable purpose for businesspeople.  It's obvious to anyone who actually listens to his statement and cares to hear truth instead of hype.

Honestly makes me sick to keep seeing this.

Pkr let me know if you need me to find video of the entire statement. I'm sure it's easily googleable.

THAT... is what the constitution referred to as general welfare... a benefit to all. It wasn't some entitlement to some.

" If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a business – you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet."

How much should we confiscate? Half? Three quarters? All of it? Should there just be one set wage for the proletariat?

Sal

Sal

This is a weird story to me.

I've seen vending machines selling everything from Advil to Tampax for years.

I'm not sure how this kid can copyright this.

He prolly shoulda taken the 30 mil.

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a business – you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen.

THAT is what "you" didn't build -- the roads and bridges, the entire physical system that allows your business to operate and thrive.  But it's far more convenient for those who hate Obama to interpret his rather inartfully phrased statement to mean something it clearly was never intended to, and which his campaign at the time confirmed referred to roads and bridges.   To continue to foment the falsehood that Obama said that an entrepreneur didn't build his own BUSINESS-- that's just bogus.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum