Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Friday the 13th

+5
knothead
RealLindaL
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
Joanimaroni
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Friday the 13th - Page 3 Empty Re: Friday the 13th 5/22/2016, 4:06 pm

2seaoat

Yep, it is really a Calvin Klein underwear model, but I did build that causeway that model is standing upon. I got five temporary 22 feet by eight foot galvanized steel tubes used by the railroad for temporary repairs of bridges over creeks. I rented an excavator and used my Lull to set the tubes and put fifty concrete blocks six feet by three feet by three feet weighing about 5,500 lbs each around the tubes and then backfilled with gravel and built my roadbed. If you look at the drop to the water which is about 11 feet, one of the floods in 2010 put a foot of water over where that handsome model is standing. I have lost over 260k uninsured flood damage since 2008 which combined with the market crash and the real estate crash knocked me off my high horse and I got introduced to financial ruin.....doing fine now, but will never be that high rider.....small potatoes now, but I will show some pictures of the islands this afternoon as I am cutting new access to the river with the Bobcat and building a roadbed. I guess I have hijacked Joannie's Ortho thread, but as weak as I am now I will probably fall getting in or out of the Bobcat and can add some more broken bone stories to the thread.(not really funny because I almost fell yesterday)

52Friday the 13th - Page 3 Empty Re: Friday the 13th 5/22/2016, 4:16 pm

2seaoat

Seaoat...where should the courthouse be?

I had argued for years that they should take one of the empty retail locations. The one I really pushed was the food world location next to the KMART which had plenty of parking, would allow an attorney a short trip from the main courthouse to the new Judicial Center in the Food World. I argued to move all criminal, divorce, and traffic to the new Judicial Center and put modular holding cells and get the separation between the judges and public that they were bitching about while keeping the civil and adoption calls in the current courthouse. However, somebody was listening because they voted no repeatedly on the referndums, and the school district just snatched the building for its administrative offices. The days of building huge new buildings while the good old boys profit from siting next to property they own are over. It is time to pay pennies on the dollar to fill some of these old retail sites throughout Milton and keep the branch court near the current courthouse......I have piszed more people off on this subject than you can imagine, and I am a marked man for the same. They are still trying to pull a fast one, and I will post in North Escambia on the subject, but I have decided to STFU because retaliation has already happened.....and I will be mum on that.

53Friday the 13th - Page 3 Empty Re: Friday the 13th 5/22/2016, 4:46 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

My thoughts were to locate the courthouse on free property in East Milton near the jail. Hwy 90 is to crowded and locating a court house in that area would cause added congestion requiring new roads.

54Friday the 13th - Page 3 Empty Re: Friday the 13th 5/22/2016, 8:53 pm

2seaoat

My thoughts were to locate the courthouse on free property in East Milton near the jail. Hwy 90 is to crowded and locating a court house in that area would cause added congestion requiring new roads.

Just the opposite of what they should do. I am traveling regularly over the 90 bridge over the Blackwater. Between 3:30 and 5:30 it can take twenty minutes to travel west from Ward Basin to the Courthouse. By shifting a Judicial Center to the Jail, you put more traffic on that bridge which the State of Florida just finished improving, but kept it as a one lane bridge.....absolute insanity.

The current courthouse should be near the Judicial Center. There are ample Big Box stores where the county could purchase one of the same between the KMART and the Courthouse and have ample parking for volume traffic calls and still allow the lawyers to traverse between courthouses. This is the new model across America utilizing big box stores. Bob will know exactly where I am talking about, but the St. Charles Illinois fairgrounds has across the street an old Montgomery Wards big box Store. Kane County bought the building and put the circuit court clerk in there and a high volume traffic court relieving the lines at the other two courthouses which are within a mile. Ample parking and they bought for pennies on the dollar of having to pay prevailing wage government work compared to picking up existing well built private sector buildings. There are too many people trying to get a piece of the siting and not looking out for taxpayers.

55Friday the 13th - Page 3 Empty Re: Friday the 13th 5/22/2016, 9:36 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

That would work. 

Years ago when first considering a courthouse there were 3 locations;, Pace, East Milton on donated property, or the site of the original courthiuse. Pace is overcrowded. The downtown area could be turned into a very nice riverwalk, and East Milton was free land close to the jail.

56Friday the 13th - Page 3 Empty Re: Friday the 13th 5/22/2016, 11:09 pm

2seaoat

Until they get the bridge figured out, the courthouse is the least of their problems. I wish they could build a combined railroad bridge and two lane vehicle bridge raising the grade of the current railroad bridge and creating two one way bridges with the road bed going under 90 and rejoin east of Ward Basin......the bridge and the damn theater across the street from the courthouse have created a structural traffic jam which is going to require thinking outside the box. I also have not been able to get under the damn railroad bridge with my boat when I had one, and waiting to the weekend when they turn the bridge to let bigger boats through is insane. Nobody is planning in Santa Rosa County.....it is too much government not doing their job. The State of Florida just wasted millions on the improvement to the bridge without solving the traffic problem.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum