Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prince - Dead @57

+2
Telstar
Sal
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Prince - Dead @57 - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince - Dead @57 4/23/2016, 12:24 pm

Vikingwoman

Didn't know much about Prince but he apparently was a Jehovah Witness and dedicated his life to music. No children. No wife. I wonder where his money will go?

27Prince - Dead @57 - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince - Dead @57 4/23/2016, 12:26 pm

RealLindaL

Vikingwoman wrote:No that's ok. It's hard on a discussion board to convey meanings and people can interpret it wrong. We don't realize how it can sound to others.

Thanks, Viking. All too true.

28Prince - Dead @57 - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince - Dead @57 4/23/2016, 12:29 pm

RealLindaL

Vikingwoman wrote:Didn't know much about Prince but he apparently was a Jehovah Witness and dedicated his life to music. No children. No wife. I wonder where his money will go?

From what I heard on CNN last night, he apparently gave a lot of money away anonymously, to deserving causes.  Said he didn't want or need the attention that doing it in his own name would bring.  Didn't hear whether or not he had a foundation for that purpose, but if he did, I guess that would of course be a good place to look as far as where his fortune lands.

29Prince - Dead @57 - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince - Dead @57 4/23/2016, 12:46 pm

Vikingwoman

They reported he would disguise himself and go knock on people's door doing the Jehovah Witness thing. Can you imagine not knowing Prince was sitting in your living room?

30Prince - Dead @57 - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince - Dead @57 4/23/2016, 5:44 pm

RealLindaL

Vikingwoman wrote:They reported he would disguise himself and go knock on people's door doing the Jehovah Witness thing. Can you imagine not knowing Prince was sitting in your living room?

He wouldn't be sitting in MY living room, as Jehovah's Witnesses are lucky if I even open the door.  And if I am indeed absent-minded enough to open it, that's as far as they get before they're bid a not-so-fond adieu.    Smile

31Prince - Dead @57 - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince - Dead @57 4/23/2016, 10:58 pm

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:They reported he would disguise himself and go knock on people's door doing the Jehovah Witness thing. Can you imagine not knowing Prince was sitting in your living room?

He wouldn't be sitting in MY living room, as Jehovah's Witnesses are lucky if I even open the door.  And if I am indeed absent-minded enough to open it, that's as far as they get before they're bid a not-so-fond adieu.    Smile

I'm so with you on that Linda . . . .

32Prince - Dead @57 - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince - Dead @57 4/24/2016, 2:17 am

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

I'm so with you on that Linda . . . .

Good to know, knot.  I had a couple of family members from my first marriage who were Witnesses, and I loved them, but I gotta admit I thought they were slightly off their rocker -  or at best seriously misguided - to buy into this stuff.  Fortunately they never made any serious attempt to talk me or my late ex, a fellow agnostic, into any of their rather strange (at least strange to me) beliefs.

33Prince - Dead @57 - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince - Dead @57 4/24/2016, 12:46 pm

Vikingwoman

True dat, Linda. They wouldn't be in my living room either. I had a couple of them come by one sat. morning about a month ago. I told them I didn't believe any of that stuff and they wanted to read from their bible. I said "why do ya'll do this? That's just made up stuff by some man? They say 'can we read to you so and so from the bible? I said " no, I don't believe any of that." Well, can we come by next Sat.? I just laughed and said " not really".

34Prince - Dead @57 - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince - Dead @57 4/24/2016, 1:06 pm

2seaoat

When I was first married I always let them in and engaged them in serious theological discussions.....they could not wait to leave when I would quote scripture which contradicted their positions...that finally got boring so I finally would stop them at the door and say I would invite them in but they had to answer one question first........will my dog go to heaven......the answer was always no.....there is scripture which says animals do not go to heaven, and I would promptly say I do not invite people into my home who want to curse my loving dog to damnation......feigned anger and upset as they quietly left. It worked every time.......I am sure they would talk about the crazy person who wanted his dog to go to heaven......it makes no sense if the concepts of heaven as paradise not to have animals in heaven.......simple authors who contradicted themselves....that is why one has to be careful on looking at the bible literally.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum