Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Playoffs

+2
boards of FL
Joanimaroni
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 13]

76Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/20/2016, 9:59 pm

2seaoat

Curry is simply amazing and what he has accomplished is unprecedented, but for all those who think the Mailman was the second best player ever, I guess James would impress you.......Utah just knew its role as bridesmaid and two hall of fame players just could not win. The Mailman is the closest player on the all time list to James who could not even dominate his era........domination is winning.......like setting the all time regular season win record and winning championships......the rest is just lack of knowledge and making excuses. It feels incredible to have so nailed this on Curry, and James. I think I may get a job on ESPN. I kind of want OK to challenge the Warriors to hear all the basketball wisdom down playing Curry......so much fun.

77Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/21/2016, 8:31 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:The greatest player who never won......now that is funny.  I guess those knowledgeable who select the MVP are just not very knowledgeable about basketball......I guess your excuses for his failures is unlimited, can not shoot, and now he just bull rushes the basket with most of his shots within five feet.....easy to defend when the team is not the Raptors who were walking back....If I was the owner of the Raptors I would play the video of a couple supposed stars walking back on defense, and say.....see ya.

Good point. And because Taylor Swift won best album of the year, it means that out of all music that came out last year, hers was the best objectively. You simply can't disagree with industry people who are looking to sell their product. No music was created that was better than Taylor Swift. Hahahahah.

Tell us more about how Curry may be the best basketball player of all time, 2seaoat. Tell us how the roll player PG with low assists who scores by way of assisted catch and shoot 3's is the best you've ever seen. Go into detail. (To everyone else, keep a straight face). Better yet, compare him to Jordan. We haven't seen marketing campaigns this good since "Be like Mike", have we?

Regarding your last comment, saying "see ya" would do you no good because you won't be able to find anyone on the planet who would be willing to get in the way of LeBron when he's coming down court on a fast break with a full head of steam. No one. And there is a good reason for that. Bigger. Faster. Stronger. Smarter.

78Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/21/2016, 8:42 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Almost forgot, this idea that you have been correct the whole time is laughable. In reality, you have misdiagnosed what is blatantly obvious to anyone who watches the NBA. Where you see "best player of all time", others see "one of the most stacked teams of all time." The only thing you got right is the prediction that they would win a title last year. Congrats. Even my mom - who doesn't watch NBA - predicted that one. Good job, Captain Obvious. Now go get your Steph Curry PJs out of the dryer and go take a nap.

79Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/21/2016, 9:09 am

2seaoat

When you are wrong it is fun to watch the squirm. Michael Jordan is the best basketball player of all time. Most agree with that obvious belief which you counter that the guy with two rings in 13 years is better. Now that is amusing, but to help you a bit in reading comprehension.......NO PLAYER WITH LESS THAN FIVE RINGS CAN BE AN ALL TIME GREAT(my statement...so Curry does not yet qualify for even a discussion). I have simply observed quite accurately last year that Curry is the best player in the NBA currently, and in historic agreement with my statement he was voted UNANIMOUSLY MVP, while you bumbled around rationalizing James newest failure by saying that MOST experts would disagree with me. Somebody was right and somebody was wrong. It does not get much simpler.

80Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/21/2016, 9:38 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

I'm willing to admit that I am a contrarian when I say that Curry is overrated.  Therein lies the difference between you and I.  In 2eaoat-land, Lebron is irrelevant and everyone agrees (cough cough).  LeBron is just a slightly above average player in 2seaoat-land, and he feels that this is a mainstream idea.  If you ask anyone in the NBA, any coach, and analyst, ESPN, however, Lebron is already considered a top 3 player all time.  I have no idea how you're defining "all time great" but trust me when I say the your definition doesn't mirror that of the rest of the world.  LeBron is headed to his sixth final in a row this year.  He will likely appear in the next 3 or 4 finals as well - because it doesn't matter who his supporting cast is.  LeBron is good enough to carry anyone to the finals.  He came from a modest upbringing and dominated the NBA straight out of high school; and he has carried himself as a mature professional the entire time.  Curry is a coddled child born with a silver spoon in his mouth - an NBA legacy - who sounds like an idiot in an interview.  He speaks with a valley girlish vocal fry. 

But in 2seaoat land, the vocal fry guy who struggles to complete a sentence and catches assisted 3s on one of the most stacked teams in NBA history is the best player of all time.  The Bucs won their title solely due to the play of Brad Johnson.  Forget the defense.  It was all Brad Johnson.  The QB is the single most important position, he was the QB, they won, ergo....

And the unemployment rate is a lie!  Just look at the labor force participation rate!

81Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/21/2016, 10:49 am

2seaoat

You keep arguing that the Heat were the team of ages, and then argue that all these other players who succeed do so because their teams were stacked. James is about the 11th best basketball player in NBA history. He is extraordinary. However, it is not I who is in a fan delusional state. Objectively, James Hardin is an extraordinary player, but he also fails to win, and some question whether he like James is the reason. Basketball is a team game. Some can succeed at it, and others just lose at crunch time. The Mailman was a great and extraordinary NBA basketball player. I put James a little better than the mailman......they both were great and they both could not win, and had stats........but winning......well we will leave that to Mr. Curry in the current NBA.

82Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/21/2016, 9:25 pm

2seaoat

Wow....James can no longer make an outside shot or free throw. This is more than a slump. It will be bull rush time until the whining no longer stops the refs from calling offensive fouls. It is time for a rocking chair.

83Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/21/2016, 10:54 pm

2seaoat

The raptors just played defense. I never thought it was possible with folks walking back after the first two games. I like the back up center for the Raptors who at 23 is not taking crap from anybody and did a great job rebounding.

84Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/22/2016, 8:15 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Whistle happy refs tonight.

85Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/22/2016, 10:34 pm

2seaoat

OK looked great. The talent in the West is unmatched. There is some very good basketball being played.

86Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/23/2016, 6:25 am

I'm really disappointed with green. His head was not in that game at all... not in any facet of the game. A good player finds ways to contribute and win even when they're off. That is what the warriors look like with no green. A mediocre team.

87Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/23/2016, 9:14 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

I was more disappointed with Green kicking Adams in the nuts for the second game in a row. He showed no concern afterwards in that first game and sort of pounded on his chest even though he saw Adams doubled over on the ground. Congrats, Green. You scored on a guy after kicking him in the nuts. But then to do it again in the very next game, that's just dirty play. There is no doubt that that kick last night was intentional, and Green openly states that part of his game is simply to annoy the hell out of his opponents. That's just dirty basketball.

88Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/23/2016, 9:23 am

He said he didn't mean to... but twice in two games doesnt pass the smell test. He better get his shit straight.

89Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/23/2016, 9:35 am

2seaoat

Adams has impressed me the most in the playoffs so far. He is not a star, but he has been grinding in the pits and has a very under rated shoot. I do not see Durant going anywhere in free agency. They are one player away from being an elite team. Players should in free agency be going to OK once Durant announces he is staying. The West is incredibly talented and Cuban's bitching that the league should be realigned is starting to ring true. Incredible basketball is being played.

90Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/23/2016, 9:37 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Quick thinking in the middle of a play....I seem to remember Della3D taking out players while scrambling on the floor.

91Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/23/2016, 9:40 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

92Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/23/2016, 11:01 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:Quick thinking in the middle of a play....I seem to remember Della3D taking out players while scrambling on the floor.

There is simply no legitimate comparison between Dellavedova's plays from last year's playoffs and Green's back to back nut shots on Adams - particularly that second one.  That was about as deliberate as it gets.  

93Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/23/2016, 2:13 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

So was Della3D

94Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/23/2016, 2:36 pm

I donno... I think 3d was mostly out of control hustle... reminds me of how my oldest daughter played.

Y'all know what a fan of green I am... but I see no excuse for last night. I think he was frustrated. If he winds up suspended for the next game (which he prolly deserves)... he has single handedly put the team in jeopardy. Very dissappointing.

95Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/23/2016, 3:16 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:I donno... I think 3d was mostly out of control hustle... reminds me of how my oldest daughter played.

Y'all know what a fan of green I am... but I see no excuse for last night. I think he was frustrated. If he winds up suspended for the next game (which he prolly deserves)... he has single handedly put the team in jeopardy. Very dissappointing.

That's what I said before about Green....he needs to get control.

96Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/23/2016, 8:22 pm

2seaoat

Green was the reason the Bulls blew up. Apparently Thibs had an assistant coach Ron Adams who insisted that Green was the best pick in the draft. Paxon and Foreman disagreed and Thibs backed his assistant which started a civil war. The Bulls took a washout and Green has done very well. Adams went to Boston and is known with a knack for recognizing young talent and developing the same. Part of what makes Green successful is his emotions. I dislocated a players shoulder in the finals of our flag football tournament in college and the player said it was a dirty play. I simply was backing up to protect the QB, and he tried to get around me and I pivoted with my hands in my chest and he ran at full speed into my elbow. I did not intentionally try to hurt him, and I was blocking an interior lineman when I made the pivot trying to stop both of them.....well I messed him up and I never in all my years ever tried to hurt someone....yea knock them on their asz, but not hurt them. There is no reason for a leg to go to a groin like Green. To have it happen twice is really inexcusable and the NBA should weigh in on this issue. I do not care how important he is to the team, players who try to hurt another player must be punished.

97Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/24/2016, 11:48 am

2seaoat

Sorts radio is going nuts.....the end of the Warriors.....the end of the Cavs. The truth is that with only seven games, the best team may not always win, and it is clear that the Cavs and Warriors are the best in their division. I just like the way the Thunder play, and I am really getting impressed with the backcourt of Toronto and the monster play by their 23 year old back up center. He simply is going to be a force to be dealt with in the future. Sports radio is saying the fix is on with Green not getting suspended, and even though the TV deal was done last year, ratings matter and a Toronto vs OK would be a disaster. I disagree. We will have to see the ref calls, but I think Toronto has a huge TV market and OK represents every small market team in America where the little guy can make it to the dance. It is fun watching these dynamic young players dominate, and as much as I have criticized James, I am sad to see his shot gone, and his play becoming more irrelevant as these young players simply are making him look flat footed and unable to play D anymore, which I argued three years ago that guards were getting by him then......I look at how each of us have to deal with the aging process and the realization that we cannot do what we once did......He is intelligent and a super role model for kids and how he handles his decline, but I really hope the Cavs make it to the finals so at least they are playing a great team......the Bulls in their injured year whipped up on Toronto, but if you cannot guard the dynamic duo.....they will hurt you.

98Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/24/2016, 12:17 pm

I think that it was irving that let them down at the end. Lebron and the cavs made a nice run in the first half of the fourth quarter... but then they just faded. I don't know if they were tired or what... but the let down on d was clear... especially irving.

99Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/24/2016, 1:41 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

For those keeping score at home:

1 game suspension (first offense)

No suspension (second offense in two games)

100Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/24/2016, 5:49 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

And how about that performance from little Steph Curry on Sunday?  MVP PG played 30 minutes in a playoff game, notched 3 assists, and watched his bench score roughly half the teams points. Then he chewed on his mouth piece for the entire 4th quarter.

Greatest of all time!  MVP!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum