Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Markle's banning

+8
Joanimaroni
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
gatorfan
2seaoat
boards of FL
Hospital Bob
Wordslinger
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1markle poll - Markle's banning Empty Markle's banning 2/25/2016, 9:32 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

For Boards:

While I understand your sentiments completely, it does appear that Markle's banning is based on him voicing his fetid opinions and manufactured facts -- all of which constitute a political point of view, albeit one of corruption.

Please explain why you have banned him, and how long the ban applies.

Thanks

2markle poll - Markle's banning Empty Re: Markle's banning 2/25/2016, 10:09 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Trump throws dissenters out of his rallies.  Bds throws dissenters out of his blog. 
It's just a sign of the times.

3markle poll - Markle's banning Empty Re: Markle's banning 2/25/2016, 10:11 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Wordslinger wrote:For Boards:

While I understand your sentiments completely, it does appear that Markle's banning is based on him voicing his fetid opinions and manufactured facts -- all of which constitute a political point of view, albeit one of corruption.

Please explain why you have banned him, and how long the ban applies.

Thanks

Markle's MO began to shift away from the expression of opinions and towards outright lies and campaigns of misinformation.   I gave him a very clear warning about this via PM several months ago. The forum is intended to be a channel for substantive discussion. It is not a place for people to spam objectively false narratives for optics.

The ban is permanent.

boards of FL wrote:Acorn, Shirley Sherrod, and now Planned Parenthood - and I'm sure I'm leaving others out.  These are stories that begin as heavily edited videos that purport to show something that didn't actually take place, then they are picked up by Markle-types and repeated as objective fact, then these organization lose funding, fold up, or the people involved lose their jobs, and after all of that we find out that the narrative in the videos was entirely fabricated and the creators are then indicted.  But it doesn't matter at that point because the damage has already been done.  Mission accomplished.

My point is that this type of bullshit has real-world consequences.  As I said, I can't in good conscience give a platform to a mouth breather who is going to repeat such bullshit as fact - particularly when we have already seen the story play out and the video creators indicted.  

I'd rather see those who propagate the bullshit lose their voice, rather than the Acorns, Planned Parenthoods, and Shirley Sherrods lose theirs.  And this is the case no matter the size of the forum membership.

Some of you make it sound as if Markle was a well informed poster who spoke in complete paragraphs that were chalk full of substance.  In reality, Markle was a guy who copy and pasted bullshit for optics.  There was never any intent to engage, to discuss issues, or anything of the sort.  Intellectually honesty did not exist in Markle-land, and that is why he's out.  And, trust me, I gave him ample warning.

4markle poll - Markle's banning Empty Re: Markle's banning 2/25/2016, 10:23 am

2seaoat

I think a permanent ban for expression of pure evil propaganda is equal to the evil propaganda. Not one of us here were not capable of destroying his premise which as I explained years ago the Koch brothers had funded folks across the nation to spew propaganda in forums and blogs across the internet. His cut and paste nonsense was done on many newspapers and forums across Florida. In the absence of destroying his arguments where even he has to blush at how silly the propaganda is.........it will go unchecked and then it does become dangerous and harmful to third parties.

5markle poll - Markle's banning Empty Re: Markle's banning 2/25/2016, 10:36 am

It's a public forum.  Are we not all able to decide what is crapola and what is not?  Many of you have had discussions with Markle in private and said he is a good person.  To ban someone for what they feel is truth, whether it is or not, is not a substantial reason.

Boards you are wrong.

This place will become boring and drop by the wayside without pro/con debaters - right or wrong.

6markle poll - Markle's banning Empty Re: Markle's banning 2/25/2016, 10:44 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

SheWrites wrote:It's a public forum.  Are we not all able to decide what is crapola and what is not?  Many of you have had discussions with Markle in private and said he is a good person.  To ban someone for what they feel is truth, whether it is or not, is not a substantial reason.

Boards you are wrong.

This place will become boring and drop by the wayside without pro/con debaters - right or wrong.

I see. So, as an example in the thread below, would you say that Markle's contribution there is an expression of opinion?

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t21853-adp-employment-report-200000-jobs-added-to-the-economy-in-september

7markle poll - Markle's banning Empty Re: Markle's banning 2/25/2016, 11:29 am

gatorfan

The hypocrisy of the "moderator" is astounding.

8markle poll - Markle's banning Empty Re: Markle's banning 2/25/2016, 11:37 am

Sal

Sal

gatorfan wrote:The hypocrisy of the "moderator" is astounding.

Do you know what "hypocrisy" means?

9markle poll - Markle's banning Empty Re: Markle's banning 2/25/2016, 11:45 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yes we know what hypocrisy is.  Hypocrisy is when the person who asks this question... "would you say that Markle's contribution there is an expression of opinion?...  is also the same person who continually posts this.  lol

markle poll - Markle's banning Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e46f8bdbc19fcc3ada

10markle poll - Markle's banning Empty Re: Markle's banning 2/25/2016, 11:49 am

gatorfan

Bob wrote:Yes we know what hypocrisy is.  Hypocrisy is when the person who asks this question... "would you say that Markle's contribution there is an expression of opinion?...  is also the same person who continually posts this.  lol

Agreed, and I do find it amusing to see the remarkable similarities in Sal's and BoF posts, you know - almost as if they were really the same person........

11markle poll - Markle's banning Empty Re: Markle's banning 2/25/2016, 11:54 am

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:Yes we know what hypocrisy is.  Hypocrisy is when the person who asks this question... "would you say that Markle's contribution there is an expression of opinion?...  is also the same person who continually posts this.  lol

Oh, that visual is most certainly an expression of opinion, Bob.

12markle poll - Markle's banning Empty Re: Markle's banning 2/25/2016, 11:57 am

Sal

Sal

gatorfan wrote:

Agreed, and I do find it amusing to see the remarkable similarities in Sal's and BoF posts, you know - almost as if they were really the same person........

Thanks for the compliment, Hambone.

BTW, where's Flippy?

13markle poll - Markle's banning Empty Re: Markle's banning 2/25/2016, 12:00 pm

2seaoat

They both are highly intelligent, and for anybody with a brain.....Mr. Markle's posts did get tedious. However, I enjoyed reading what the Koch brothers were pouring into the system, and for me his posts were always an early indicator of what we would hear on Fox or other propaganda outlets. On a personal note, he has always conducted himself like a gentleman.

14markle poll - Markle's banning Empty Re: Markle's banning 2/25/2016, 12:06 pm

gatorfan

Salinsky wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

Thanks for the compliment, Hambone.

BTW, where's Flippy?

Suspicion confirmed. I haven't a clue BoF, er Sal

15markle poll - Markle's banning Empty Re: Markle's banning 2/25/2016, 12:33 pm

boards of FL wrote:
SheWrites wrote:It's a public forum.  Are we not all able to decide what is crapola and what is not?  Many of you have had discussions with Markle in private and said he is a good person.  To ban someone for what they feel is truth, whether it is or not, is not a substantial reason.

Boards you are wrong.

I see.  So, as an example in the thread below, would you say that Markle's contribution there is an expression of opinion?  

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t21853-adp-employment-report-200000-jobs-added-to-the-economy-in-september

Boards, we're all everyday people shooting the breeze. Get over your analytical needs and let people talk.

16markle poll - Markle's banning Empty Re: Markle's banning 2/25/2016, 1:14 pm

Sal

Sal

I notice that there's not a mad rush to defend Markle's style of disseminating propaganda even among our more conservative posters.

I think that's because there's a general consensus that the lies he propagated are indefensible.

I'm not going to offer an opinion on Board's action regarding Markle, but it is an action based upon principles, of which Markle apparently had none.

17markle poll - Markle's banning Empty Re: Markle's banning 2/25/2016, 1:49 pm

Salinsky wrote:I notice that there's not a mad rush to defend Markle's style of disseminating propaganda even among our more conservative posters.

I think that's because there's a general consensus that the lies he propagated are indefensible.

I'm not going to offer an opinion on Board's action regarding Markle, but it is an action based upon principles, of which Markle apparently had none.

Is there any difference in Markle's style of pulling out articles from crazy blogs over Wordslinger using alternet?  By the way, I have no problem with what a "source" is because we are all here to discuss whatever and if off the wall things are on off the wall sites - call it out.  Does that mean someone can't use it because I don't approve of it's substance?  IT'S A FORUM OF OPINION BACKED UP BY WHAT WE FIND TO SUPPORT OUR OPINION.  OPINION IS OPINION.

Let Markle return.

Boards and Sal are beginning to remind me of those who would tell us what we can and cannot say or think.  Like they are mind and speech police or something.

Rolling Eyes   Good grief people...

18markle poll - Markle's banning Empty Re: Markle's banning 2/25/2016, 1:55 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle was "contained" on our forum. Nobody believed the BS he wrote about, but it sure made for great entertainment. He wasted a lot of time writing what he did and posting it here because there were few if any believers.

I think banning him here was extreme. He'll just go somewhere else to do his stuff.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

19markle poll - Markle's banning Empty Re: Markle's banning 2/25/2016, 2:14 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Markle was "contained" on our forum. Nobody believed the BS he wrote about, but it sure made for great entertainment. He wasted a lot of time writing what he did and posting it here because there were few if any believers.

I think banning him here was extreme. He'll just go somewhere else to do his stuff.

Markle has been a part of this forum for years. Politically and personally

20markle poll - Markle's banning Empty Re: Markle's banning 2/25/2016, 2:17 pm

Sal

Sal

SheWrites wrote:

OPINION IS OPINION.

Yes, but there are also objective facts and reality.

I don't think this has much of anything to do with sources.

It has to do with the repeated dissemination of demonstrably false narratives with the potential to inflict real harm, even after being warned to desist.

I haven't said whether I agree with Board's decision, but I understand how he arrived at it.

21markle poll - Markle's banning Empty Re: Markle's banning 2/25/2016, 2:59 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Salinsky wrote:
SheWrites wrote:

OPINION IS OPINION.

It has to do with the repeated dissemination of demonstrably false narratives with the potential to inflict real harm, even after being warned to desist.

I haven't said whether I agree with Board's decision, but I understand how he arrived at it.

BS!

22markle poll - Markle's banning Empty Re: Markle's banning 2/25/2016, 3:04 pm

knothead

knothead

He can't pick up the hammer!!!

23markle poll - Markle's banning Empty Re: Markle's banning 2/25/2016, 3:11 pm

2seaoat

He can't pick up the hammer!!!
Very Happy

24markle poll - Markle's banning Empty Re: Markle's banning 2/25/2016, 3:24 pm

Salinsky wrote:
SheWrites wrote:

OPINION IS OPINION.

Where are the forum rules?  Shall we become legalistic over this?  Where does it say that if you don't back up your opinion with a proven authority you are off the forum?  Where does it say if you continually voice an opinion no one agrees with you are off the forum?  

Markle participates in his opinions politically but he also participates in the "general" section and has shown he is a caring person.  

Can we ban folks for being uncaring?  For being rude?  For using words that offend others?  For what some may call blasphemy?

I hope not.

No one deserves to be banned.  IF we all look, talk, walk, and think the same - pretty darn boring.

I'm failing to see where "real harm" has been inflicted. Except maybe to babies who are aborted?

That was for Markle.
Hang in there, guy. Whether I agree with you or not you have a right to be here.

25markle poll - Markle's banning Empty Re: Markle's banning 2/25/2016, 3:34 pm

gatorfan

SheWrites wrote:
Salinsky wrote:
SheWrites wrote:

OPINION IS OPINION.

Where are the forum rules?  Shall we become legalistic over this?  Where does it say that if you don't back up your opinion with a proven authority you are off the forum?  Where does it say if you continually voice an opinion no one agrees with you are off the forum?  

Markle participates in his opinions politically but he also participates in the "general" section and has shown he is a caring person.  

Can we ban folks for being uncaring?  For being rude?  For using words that offend others?  For what some may call blasphemy?

I hope not.

No one deserves to be banned.  IF we all look, talk, walk, and think the same - pretty darn boring.

I'm failing to see where "real harm" has been inflicted.  Except maybe to babies who are aborted?

That was for Markle.  
Hang in there, guy.  Whether I agree with you or not you have a right to be here.

What all this really shows is how hysterical BoF is. He/she thinks certain posts on this minor (small) forum will somehow cause people to lose jobs, nonprofits to close, and the sun to explode. And his delicate and humane conscience just can't handle that burden. What a load of BoFshit.

Apparently all the hoopla over Planned Parenthood didn't cause much harm since they are funding 7 figure pro-HRC ads. Now there's a legitimate use of funds that should be available for medical needs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum