Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

laughter is the best medicine

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1laughter is the best medicine Empty laughter is the best medicine 2/4/2016, 8:14 am

2seaoat

Health care workers have to see incredibly sad things every day they work. It is very easy to burn out with the tremendous burden they often carry. Being told you have four new marble size NET tumors in your lungs could be a bummer and time to feel sorry for your situation. Wrong. The surgery to debulk those tumors can give three to six months of quality breathing and can be repeated. It really is a time to celebrate.

So Northwestern is a world class facility. They insist that every person be fully informed what the risks are and in that vain they ask every question prior to surgery and four people interview you. So one area that apparently is of a concern is when you are put under a general have you suffered from sleep apnea or snoring. They ask has a family member reported your snoring. I answered yes, but she snores louder and every night, and I only snore once in awhile. Surgeons, and anesthesiologist poured into the preop cubicle and said as my wife sat there......you threw her under the bus.......my answer as they are laughing is that I wanted to make sure they were reading the forms. Life has consequences which ultimately end in death and as we saw yesterday, we lost one of our members and another has found to be sick, but please celebrate their lives, and remember the humor, because T always found humor in our collective human condition.

2seaoat wrote:Health care workers have to see incredibly sad things every day they work.   It is very easy to burn out with the tremendous burden they often carry.  Being told you have four new marble size NET tumors in your lungs could be a bummer and time to feel sorry for your situation.   Wrong.   The surgery to debulk those tumors can give three to six months of quality breathing and can be repeated.  It really is a time to celebrate.  

So Northwestern is a world class facility.  They insist that every person be fully informed what the risks are and in that vain they ask every question prior to surgery and four people interview you.   So one area that apparently is of a concern is when you are put under a general have you suffered from sleep apnea or snoring.  They ask has a family member reported your snoring.   I answered yes, but she snores louder and every night, and I only snore once in awhile.   Surgeons, and anesthesiologist poured into the preop cubicle and said as my wife sat there......you threw her under the bus.......my answer as they are laughing is that I wanted to make sure they were reading the forms.  Life has consequences which ultimately end in death and as we saw yesterday, we lost one of our members and another has found to be sick, but please celebrate their lives, and remember the humor, because T always found humor in our collective human condition.    

My dad laughed the morning he passed. He was semiconscious but I made a joke about his brother's nose. He laughed. I keep laughing and sharing his memory. We have to in order to cope and get passed the ones who chose to be butts and never laugh. Laughing Laughing

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum