Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bushwacked by winter

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bushwacked by winter Empty Bushwacked by winter 11/21/2015, 3:32 pm

2seaoat

My wife and I worked like dogs the last three days to move steel storage units, our Park model, and bring in gravel and stockpile black dirt for landscaping. Well, we took off Friday as she had a big sleepover with high school friends. The eight of them are staying in a beautiful farm and when they woke up this morning they saw what I saw. She is safe, but we have eight inches and the wind is blowing. She called this morning and will probably stay all day and possibly tonight, but our home is on a major highway so I can easily go pick up a pizza tonight. The landscaping and dirt work will not get done, and it looks like I really blew it not anticipating this could happen. Oh well....fan duel and my projects have one thing in common....I am not winning. Here is the view from the back deck this morning.

Bushwacked by winter Winter10

2Bushwacked by winter Empty Re: Bushwacked by winter 11/21/2015, 3:35 pm

2seaoat

Hey,

I just posted the 12 thousand post.....can't believe that many posts have been made.

3Bushwacked by winter Empty Re: Bushwacked by winter 11/21/2015, 3:40 pm

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:Hey,

I just posted the 12 thousand post.....can't believe that many posts have been made.

No you didn't.

You just authored the 12,000th thread.

You've almost twice that many posts all by yourself.

4Bushwacked by winter Empty Re: Bushwacked by winter 11/21/2015, 4:00 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:My wife and I worked like dogs the last three days to move steel storage units, our Park model, and bring in gravel and stockpile black dirt for landscaping.  Well, we took off Friday as she had a big sleepover with high school friends.  The eight of them are staying in a beautiful farm and when they woke up this morning they saw what I saw.  She is safe, but we have eight inches and the wind is blowing.  She called this morning and will probably stay all day and possibly tonight, but our home is on a major highway so I can easily go pick up a pizza tonight.   The landscaping and dirt work will not get done, and it looks like I really blew it not anticipating this could happen.  Oh well....fan duel and my projects have one thing in common....I am not winning.   Here is the view from the back deck this morning.

Bushwacked by winter Winter10

Wow and we are still in shorts.

5Bushwacked by winter Empty Re: Bushwacked by winter 11/21/2015, 4:04 pm

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:

Not for long.

They're forecasting a high of 68 degrees here Monday.

People will break out the parkas, scarves, and boots, and that's no exaggeration.

6Bushwacked by winter Empty Re: Bushwacked by winter 11/21/2015, 4:05 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Salinsky wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Not for long.

They're forecasting a high of 68 degrees here Monday.

People will break out the parkas, scarves, and boots, and that's no exaggeration.

LOL....we had to stop using the pool 2 weeks ago.

7Bushwacked by winter Empty Re: Bushwacked by winter 11/21/2015, 4:12 pm

2seaoat

I will be after thanksgiving, but sadly without finishing my work here, I cannot ship my bobcat and other equipment to Florida to complete a project.....I was so close, this really sucks. I can only hope between now and thanksgiving weekend that we have a heat wave.

8Bushwacked by winter Empty Re: Bushwacked by winter 11/21/2015, 4:17 pm

2seaoat

I just restored Direct TV.....I used a fly swatter and carefully cleaned the dish and transponder. Got back in and shazammmmmmme I get to watch some basketball and football. What is nice, the pavement has stored up heat and the snow is melting. However, walking to the dish.....it is easily eight inches and fortunately the wind is not now blowing......I may have a long shot on getting the project completed, but I doubt I will be able to pull out my 5k lb dock floats which I was going to ship with the bobcat and some attachments. I was too busy watching basketball the last two nights to watch the weather at night, and we were working from dawn to dark on the moves. Oh well, pretty consistent.

9Bushwacked by winter Empty Re: Bushwacked by winter 11/21/2015, 4:19 pm

I guess people living in Pace aren't quite so ignorant after all.

No snow in NW Florida.

10Bushwacked by winter Empty Re: Bushwacked by winter 11/21/2015, 4:31 pm

2seaoat

No snow in NW Florida.

Nope.....I have seen the same and have spent some miserable January days in NW Florida......I thought you were not a Newbie. Some snow which is not usually that deep and melts almost immediately.....but living in Pace.....Please shoot me before jump off that cliff.....Navarre, Milton, and Pensacola.....yep can live there easily....Pace is the twilight zone.....I am sure I saw Rod Sterling at the Wal Mart.......buying moon pies.

11Bushwacked by winter Empty Re: Bushwacked by winter 11/21/2015, 4:45 pm

2seaoat wrote:No snow in NW Florida.

Nope.....I have seen the same and have spent some miserable January days in NW Florida......I thought you were not a Newbie.  Some snow which is not usually that deep and melts almost immediately.....but living in Pace.....Please shoot me before jump off that cliff.....Navarre, Milton, and Pensacola.....yep can live there easily....Pace is the twilight zone.....I am sure I saw Rod Sterling at the Wal Mart.......buying moon pies.

No snow in NW Florida, today.

Definitely not a newbie.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum