This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who says Romney doesn't tell the truth

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

oops!

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/17/romney-faults-those-dependent-on-government/

Yup, Romney got caught telling his truth. I hope that every undecided voter hears this tape and reads the transcript so they will know what he really believes.
Because of what I've read on this forum I was not shocked in the least by his comments. I know what he said is exactly the opinion of many of the right wing posters who share their outrage and disdain for the 47%.

How on earth, or why, do the right wingers have more respect for people like Romney than the guy with the lunch pail who wears steel toed boots and a hard hat? You know, the guy who actually makes something.

In Romney's view people are supposed to work hard, save their money and work hard some more and in so doing they will become rich. If people are rich it is because they have worked harder and therefore deserve their reward. If someone is not well off or at least comfortable it is proof that they didn't work hard and save their money and so they don't deserve a reward. I know how their thinking is framed.

The problem of course is that in many cases even working hard and saving money is not enough to rise above difficulties that crop up in their lives, illness, accidents, physical problems, children's illnesses, floods, fires, car repairs, etc. etc. And of course their parents may not be governors of states or CEO's of big corporations.

To say or imply that anyone who is in the position of not paying income taxes or who receives any kind of government assistance is lazy and expects housing, food, etc as an entitlement is just spending too much time in the conservative bubble.

Don't they realize that most of these people are classified as the working poor? They are working but their jobs don't pay enough to give them a living wage. If you work 40 hours a week or work more than one job I don't think you are lazy. Wages are not adequate. That could be a problem.

Productivity of US workers is way up and wages have been flat for the middle class for the past 30 years. People aren't lazy they are badly underpaid.

You know, the sad thing about the 47% is that some of them will vote for this guy. None of them wants a handout they just want a shot at making something of their lives, that's why they should vote for President Obama.

Who says Romney doesn't tell the truth Unknow11

View user profile

Romney worked hard and got rich. Why do you hate that?

Yes, this will play well.

Idiot.

LMAO

View user profile
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Romney worked hard and got rich. Why do you hate that?
How can you say he worked hard when he was born into an ideal situation to succeed? He was born into a family with tons of connections in government and business. He had what you might call an elitist background.

Working hard in Romney's case would have to include totally ignoring all the special treatment he got as the result of being the son of the Governor of Michigan.

After getting a degree in English from BYU, not an ivy league school by any measure, he was somehow accepted into a special program at Harvard offering a duel degree in business and law.

Because of his Harvard and family connections he was highly sought after by the financial firms in Boston. And probably didn't start out at minimum wage to put it mildly.

So if you think he deserves a standing ovation from all the hard working people in this country that really did have to work hard against the odds to make something of their lives then that's your privilege.

I personally think it would have been very difficult for someone from his background to have done poorly. Good grief, he was born rich; he is a cleaver manipulator and was as connected as it is possible to be. If that's the kind of success you think this country needs to admire than we are in worse trouble than I'd thought.

I don't hate him. I don't hate him for being successful although I don't admire how he made his money.

I just think his so called struggles in the world of work need to be put into perspective.

Let's not give him all the credit. He didn't exactly build it himself.

View user profile
Let him talk. It's good stuff. At least 10% of the BS 47% he references is the elderly and 8% is millionaires. Dig that hole, asshole. We've one bullet left.

LMAO.

View user profile
salinsky wrote:Let him talk. It's good stuff. At least 10% of the BS 47% he references is the elderly and 8% is millionaires. Dig that hole, asshole. We've one bullet left.

LMAO.
SNL had a bit with an Obama impersonator and a Romney impersonator. The Obama guy said something like, 'we have a secret weapon, here he is, let's take a look' and then they showed the Romney character saying something stupid in a campaign stop. Priceless. Yes, let's let him keep talking.

Did you see Romney's sort of press conference tonight where he tried to explain what he was saying in the released video clip? It made him look even more desperate.

He's not interested in government to help the American people. Shoot, he wasn't even involved in student government when he was at Harvard. The only thing he's interested in is power and more money for his pals.
The debates are going to be very interesting.

View user profile
othershoe1030 wrote:
salinsky wrote:Let him talk. It's good stuff. At least 10% of the BS 47% he references is the elderly and 8% is millionaires. Dig that hole, asshole. We've one bullet left.

LMAO.
SNL had a bit with an Obama impersonator and a Romney impersonator. The Obama guy said something like, 'we have a secret weapon, here he is, let's take a look' and then they showed the Romney character saying something stupid in a campaign stop. Priceless. Yes, let's let him keep talking.

Did you see Romney's sort of press conference tonight where he tried to explain what he was saying in the released video clip? It made him look even more desperate.

He's not interested in government to help the American people. Shoot, he wasn't even involved in student government when he was at Harvard. The only thing he's interested in is power and more money for his pals.
The debates are going to be very interesting.

Holy crap! Did I say, "one bullet"? What a brain fart. I did not mean that literally. I only meant that we have one devastating debate point with which to destroy his candidacy. I hope that I don't have a visit from the Secret Service in my future.

View user profile
Just watched the actual video.

Willard is fucked.

Very Happy

View user profile
He's going to need more than an Etch-a-sketch to get this one swept under the rug. He's toast.

View user profile
Mitt stood up and encouraged people to go to Viet Nam....you know those 47 percenters........the ones who die in Asia......while the privileged ones can go to France.......How would anybody think this coward would think that half of America are air breathers in his paradigm of the United States. Tar and feathers.....simply put, Tar and feathers.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:Mitt stood up and encouraged people to go to Viet Nam....you know those 47 percenters........the ones who die in Asia......while the privileged ones can go to France.......How would anybody think this coward would think that half of America are air breathers in his paradigm of the United States. Tar and feathers.....simply put, Tar and feathers.

He had every advantage known to man upon which to build his life and he has no idea how well off he had it. Now he makes disparaging comments about 47% of Americans not taking responsibility for their own success.

This is a caricature of the poor or middle class (quickly blending into one large group, but not in the right direction) put forward by several posters here. Coming from Mittens it sounds as if it is more a more widely held belief than I suspected.

View user profile

2seaoat wrote:Mitt stood up and encouraged people to go to Viet Nam....you know those 47 percenters........the ones who die in Asia......while the privileged ones can go to France.......How would anybody think this coward would think that half of America are air breathers in his paradigm of the United States. Tar and feathers.....simply put, Tar and feathers.

obama pleaded with a russian envoy to beg putin to allow him some political latitude in exchange for concessions after the election... you have tunnel vision.

Tunnel vision......Romney thinks Russia is our number one enemy, and I have tunnel vision. Putin has no use for fundamentalism, but he also is a master of geopolitical realities. Russia was on the brink of bankruptcy and then the oil and natural gas dollars began to flow. They have very distinct national interests which make them a big winner when Iran can drive oil prices up.....but they also realize they have a tiger by the tail, and we in actuality share far more interests than not.

So, you think that in a democracy it is easy to do diplomacy when the geopolitical realities give the advantage to despots who can easily make decisions despite the domestic fallout. President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton.....somebody who has read my posts for seven years knows I absolutely disliked have done a very very good job. Mitt Romney never looked more comfortable talking to his guests who were paying 50k a plate and were his people. If you think Mr. Romney represents your interests, or represents America's interest.........then tunnel vision is contagious.

View user profile

2seaoat wrote:never looked more comfortable talking to his guests who were paying 50k a plate and were his people. .

And how is that different from the Fund-Raiser-in-Chief BHO who has held more than 160 fundraisers while supposedly acting as President. What a hollow man.

2seaoat wrote:Tunnel vision......Romney thinks Russia is our number one enemy, and I have tunnel vision. Putin has no use for fundamentalism, but he also is a master of geopolitical realities. Russia was on the brink of bankruptcy and then the oil and natural gas dollars began to flow. They have very distinct national interests which make them a big winner when Iran can drive oil prices up.....but they also realize they have a tiger by the tail, and we in actuality share far more interests than not.

So, you think that in a democracy it is easy to do diplomacy when the geopolitical realities give the advantage to despots who can easily make decisions despite the domestic fallout. President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton.....somebody who has read my posts for seven years knows I absolutely disliked have done a very very good job. Mitt Romney never looked more comfortable talking to his guests who were paying 50k a plate and were his people. If you think Mr. Romney represents your interests, or represents America's interest.........then tunnel vision is contagious.

if you've read my posts then you know i am no fan of romney... that distance allows a perspective that sees your bias. you are not objective and acting as an apologist for obama in that instance proves it. if you aren't getting paid... i hope you get a nice letter from obama for your wall.

2seaoat wrote:Tunnel vision......Romney thinks Russia is our number one enemy, and I have tunnel vision. Putin has no use for fundamentalism, but he also is a master of geopolitical realities. Russia was on the brink of bankruptcy and then the oil and natural gas dollars began to flow. They have very distinct national interests which make them a big winner when Iran can drive oil prices up.....but they also realize they have a tiger by the tail, and we in actuality share far more interests than not.

We have all seen the GREAT JOB HILLARY has done this past week. Why doesn't OBAMA go back to Eqypt for another great, calming speech? He's the man, remember?

Is Obama even talking about the Middle East? 20 countries in flames, where is Obama?

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum