This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brother of Al Qaeda leader leads protests and offers peace plan

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/09/14/brother_of_al_qaeda_leader_offers_peace_plan

Zawahiri wants to broker a peace agreement between al Qaeda and the West. In a three-page proposal that has not previously been published, the veteran jihadi laid out the terms for a potential treaty: If the United States and other Western powers release all Muslim prisoners, withdraw from Afghanistan, Iraq, and the Persian Gulf, and allow Muslims to establish governments based on sharia law, al Qaeda and its affiliated terrorist organizations will halt its attacks against the West and against what he described as "legitimate" Western interests in the Muslim world.

Well sounds like a great idea, but he said in his statement there are billions of dollars to be made from war therefore no one will buy into it. Besides, today there is so much hatred and distrust of one another it just would not work in today's world.

reaper1948 wrote:Well sounds like a great idea, but he said in his statement there are billions of dollars to be made from war therefore no one will buy into it. Besides, today there is so much hatred and distrust of one another it just would not work in today's world.

Any negotiation with a terrorist organization will be played to the fullest as a win for them. I say we keep negotiating with bombs and bullets.

I knew you would say that because you are one of the younger war mongers. Did you ever think that is what is going on in this world? Young terrorist from the middle east, young war mongers from the U.S. and the then of course there is the money to be made from war that neither one of you push, but you let them stoke your hatred for one another. Negotiating with a middle east faction is no different than Nixon negotiating with N. Vietnam.

But like I said it won't work because of the younger war mongers on both side.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum