Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obama fooled twice- Libya and Egypt

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/09/libya_and_egypt_fool_me_twice.html

There's an old saying:

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

George W. Bush was pilloried by the media and Democrats (including Obama) for not foreseeing the lack of gratitude by the Iraqis who had been oppressed by Saddam and the time it would take to get Iraq to be responsible for itself. Bush's crime was not being omniscient and knowing the mind of the Muslim world perfectly.

But now we see that Obama has committed the same mistake -- and worse, that he has been fooled at least twice.

After Obama's attacks on Bush, he should have known that merely "liberating" a Muslim country is not enough. Rather, follow-through is needed to ensure that the end state of the country after the Arab Spring isn't worse than how it started -- for both the U.S. and the locals.

When Iraq fell, it became obvious that more would be needed to keep Iraq free and friendly. As a result, Bush went out on a political limb and did what was necessary to ensure that Iraq would end up better off -- and a friend of America to boot.

When Libya fell, Obama completely ignored the lessons of the Iraq war and just walked away. He did nothing meaningful to ensure that a truly pro-Democracy, pro-American government would be established.

Similarly, after Obama helped overthrow the friendly government of Egypt, he seemed completely comfortable with the new government even though it was run by people long associated with a violent terrorist organization. When the Egyptian military tried to moderate the extremism of the new Egyptian government, a government that won't protect Christians and wishes to see Israel disappear, Obama let them hang out to dry.

Shame on Obama then for repeating the mistake he so vociferously condemned Bush for -- not just once, but twice.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/09/libya_and_egypt_fool_me_twice.html#ixzz26V3woJcX

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum