Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wow, NO MARINES in Embassy where Ambassador was killed

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Only one person makes this call- The POTUS

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/09/12/report-u-s-consulate-in-benghazi-had-no-marine-protection/

It is SOP to have a Marine Security Guard contingent in each embassy across the world. MSG duty is a highly sought after "B" billet by the most high speed and squared away Marines that can apply and pass the school. It is beyond reason why these men were not in place to take care of the staff and ambassador. In places such as these they often do not even wear uniforms, can grow their hair to neat civilian standards, and are adorned in civilian attire at all times. Most people would not even know they are Marines.

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Only one person makes this call- The POTUS

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/09/12/report-u-s-consulate-in-benghazi-had-no-marine-protection/

It is SOP to have a Marine Security Guard contingent in each embassy across the world. MSG duty is a highly sought after "B" billet by the most high speed and squared away Marines that can apply and pass the school. It is beyond reason why these men were not in place to take care of the staff and ambassador. In places such as these they often do not even wear uniforms, can grow their hair to neat civilian standards, and are adorned in civilian attire at all times. Most people would not even know they are Marines.

Oh, is this the new line of attack? Blame Obama for not personally inspecting the security measures in place at every diplomatic outpost?

First off, your title is wrong, genius. The ambassador was killed at a consulate, not an embassy. There's a difference.

Is it difficult for you to wade through the blood of American patriots to slander the President of the United States, or does it come easy to you?

Asshole.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I think they do also guard consulates, Sal. However, the dust has hardly settled from the attack, and I would think it is a little too soon to blame the President for this. It doesn't mean people opposed to him won't try--and I expect there will be lots of spin that tries to blame Obama.

I am sure the Marines will do their own investigation to see how security failed to protect our ambassador, and make necessary changes. That's why Marines are given the task of securing our diplomatic posts--they are good and efficient at what they do. For the same reasons, they fly the President around in helicopters.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

salinsky wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Only one person makes this call- The POTUS

Oh, is this the new line of attack? Blame Obama for not personally inspecting the security measures in place at every diplomatic outpost?

First off, your title is wrong, genius. The ambassador was killed at a consulate, not an embassy. There's a difference.

Is it difficult for you to wade through the blood of American patriots to slander the President of the United States, or does it come easy to you?

Asshole.

Obama decides how the embassies are run. He gives these posts to folks as political payoffs on both sides of the aisle. Not putting an MSG detachment at a site is suicide. It's on Obama. The buck does stop with him. He is the only one who could have OKed this scenario.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I think they do also guard consulates, Sal. However, the dust has hardly settled from the attack, and I would think it is a little too soon to blame the President for this. It doesn't mean people opposed to him won't try--and I expect there will be lots of spin that tries to blame Obama.

I am sure the Marines will do their own investigation to see how security failed to protect our ambassador, and make necessary changes. That's why Marines are given the task of securing our diplomatic posts--they are good and efficient at what they do. For the same reasons, they fly the President around in helicopters.

Even with an investigation, the Marines follow the orders of the ambassador. If he was given the go ahead to roll without security, it's not on the commander or SNCO in charge.

i thght we just needed a conference table? ya know... to "bridge the gap"?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum