This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A public apology to poster Seaoat

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A public apology to poster Seaoat Empty A public apology to poster Seaoat on 9/13/2012, 5:21 pm

What I wrote this morning did not come out the actual way I intended it to in regards to my usage of the English language. I would have chosen different words had I actually known the health issues that existed. I don't socialize away from the forums here in person with Seaoat or other people so I don't know what is going on in folks personal lives.

My angst over all of this, like Seaoat, is a desire to see that our country not continue down the fundamental and possibly irreversible course that it is charted on at this time. I let my emotions get the best of me in trying to convey to Seaoat my annoyance that he (and others) might give the election to Obama by voting for another candidate. It happened when I voted for Perot many years ago, but at least that Democratic candidate was contained by a Congress that held his feet to the fire. That's neither here nor there. I'm sorry for what I said to Seaoat and hope he can forgive me. If not, it is understood.

V/r,
PD

Good for you, Pace.

View user profile

Dont worry bout it. I threatened him over at the pnj forum and he forgave me. I'm sure he'll forgive u too.

Pace, thank you for owning the post and explaining your reasoning. I understand and agree that we ALL want the best for our nation and ALL its people, not a handful. I posted something inappropriate directed to you and I hope you accept a sincere apology from a good ole Democrat. Let's have civil discussion and passionate intellectual discussion but let us not become like the Sunni and Shi'ite as that is what we are beginning to look like.

View user profile

Thanks. I agree, we are getting quite hostile, especially myself. I am going to not make comments at posters, but make comments towards the facts I present as a counter to what others are presenting.

6A public apology to poster Seaoat Empty Re: A public apology to poster Seaoat on 9/13/2012, 10:47 pm

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Thanks. I agree, we are getting quite hostile, especially myself. I am going to not make comments at posters, but make comments towards the facts I present as a counter to what others are presenting.

Sounds like a plan . . . .

View user profile

7A public apology to poster Seaoat Empty Re: A public apology to poster Seaoat on 9/13/2012, 11:03 pm

I know we all pick on each other and poke at each other's political beliefs. That is what makes this forum fun (and yes, it is as fun as the old PNJ forum was). But, I think deep down inside every person here is a decent person. We all want the same things for this country--greatness--but we each are trying to get there in a little different way from perhaps the way another poster is.

TEACH, I say this about you, too. It takes a lot to humble oneself and make a public apology like you did. We will likely still pick on each other, but you are a good man.

I don't think, you need to worry about Seaoat. He seems kind of hard to phase.

View user profile http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

8A public apology to poster Seaoat Empty Re: A public apology to poster Seaoat on 9/13/2012, 11:20 pm

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I know we all pick on each other and poke at each other's political beliefs. That is what makes this forum fun (and yes, it is as fun as the old PNJ forum was). But, I think deep down inside every person here is a decent person. We all want the same things for this country--greatness--but we each are trying to get there in a little different way from perhaps the way another poster is.

TEACH, I say this about you, too. It takes a lot to humble oneself and make a public apology like you did. We will likely still pick on each other, but you are a good man.

I don't think, you need to worry about Seaoat. He seems kind of hard to phase.

True...but the word you wanted is faze.

You pass through a phase of your life and not so many things faze you.

For a change I'm not trying to be a smart.... Just one of the fun words.

View user profile

9A public apology to poster Seaoat Empty Re: A public apology to poster Seaoat on 9/13/2012, 11:23 pm

Been working late......no problem from the beginning. I never get too excited.....I guess that is because I get worn out making Seaotian responses to threads, but if somebody is not getting just a little bit angry, then we are not provoking thought. Again, I get far more out of these exchanges, and I learn. You never become old as long as you are willing to learn. I never stopped debating retired Leo even when I knew his time was limited.....because I knew as angry as I could get him at times......well I think we all like to stir the pot a little, he appreciated being treated normal, and he could give it right back......always the gentleman, but firm in his beliefs.

View user profile

10A public apology to poster Seaoat Empty Re: A public apology to poster Seaoat on 9/13/2012, 11:26 pm

Admirable post PD. I too think we all want what's best for our country. We don't need to tear each other apart over it. Good job.

View user profile

11A public apology to poster Seaoat Empty Re: A public apology to poster Seaoat on 9/14/2012, 5:07 pm

who knew there was so much lovin goin on over here in politics.

I want some lovin too....

I have been 99% angel lately.

[img]A public apology to poster Seaoat Frustr10[/img]

12A public apology to poster Seaoat Empty Re: A public apology to poster Seaoat on 9/14/2012, 5:24 pm

Rogue wrote:who knew there was so much lovin goin on over here in politics.

I want some lovin too....

I have been 99% angel lately.

[img]A public apology to poster Seaoat Frustr10[/img]

Now I am blushing.

13A public apology to poster Seaoat Empty Re: A public apology to poster Seaoat on 9/15/2012, 11:44 pm

PACEDOG#1 wrote:What I wrote this morning did not come out the actual way I intended it to in regards to my usage of the English language. I would have chosen different words had I actually known the health issues that existed. I don't socialize away from the forums here in person with Seaoat or other people so I don't know what is going on in folks personal lives.

My angst over all of this, like Seaoat, is a desire to see that our country not continue down the fundamental and possibly irreversible course that it is charted on at this time. I let my emotions get the best of me in trying to convey to Seaoat my annoyance that he (and others) might give the election to Obama by voting for another candidate. It happened when I voted for Perot many years ago, but at least that Democratic candidate was contained by a Congress that held his feet to the fire. That's neither here nor there. I'm sorry for what I said to Seaoat and hope he can forgive me. If not, it is understood.

V/r,
PD

You're really going to get emotional then when Obama wins. You might want to reevaluate your views and open up your mind to other political beliefs so you won't be too devastated.

14A public apology to poster Seaoat Empty Re: A public apology to poster Seaoat on 9/16/2012, 9:00 am

Dreamsglore wrote:
You're really going to get emotional then when Obama wins. You might want to reevaluate your views and open up your mind to other political beliefs so you won't be too devastated.
Absolutely true. I remember being excited about George McGovern who ran for President at the time I was in college. Just being with people my own age who were all supporting him we were shocked on election night to see he only carried one or two states. Talk about a rout!
One class in current events met on Tuesday nights and of course the professor was pro Nixon. He grinned like a cheshire cat all during class! We were stunned.

It won't be that bad with Obama v Mittens but people should not be too surprised when Obama wins his second term.

View user profile

15A public apology to poster Seaoat Empty Re: A public apology to poster Seaoat on 9/16/2012, 10:43 am

othershoe1030 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Absolutely true. I remember being excited about George McGovern who ran for President at the time I was in college. Just being with people my own age who were all supporting him we were shocked on election night to see he only carried one or two states. Talk about a rout!
One class in current events met on Tuesday nights and of course the professor was pro Nixon. He grinned like a cheshire cat all during class! We were stunned.

It won't be that bad with Obama v Mittens but people should not be too surprised when Obama wins his second term.

I know but I fear for his life.There are people who hate him so badly that I won't be surprised if there's an attempt on his life.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum