This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

The US Labor Dept.....

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 The US Labor Dept..... Empty The US Labor Dept..... on 9/13/2012, 10:32 am

Guest


Guest
BLAMES Hurricane Issac for the rise in jobless claims (?)....Is there anyone in this administration that is responsible and/or accountable for the financial mess that their policies helped create!...

2 The US Labor Dept..... Empty Re: The US Labor Dept..... on 9/13/2012, 10:40 am

Did you watch Meet the Press this weekend? Did your hear Mitt? He is going to do nothing with the deficit until his second term because of how frail our economy has become. Four years from now he will address the things which he now attacks the president and with clarity he admitted the truth.............you can blame the president........but are you so foolish to think Mitt is the solution? Hypocrisy would be a knee slapper if it was not so tragic.

View user profile

3 The US Labor Dept..... Empty Re: The US Labor Dept..... on 9/13/2012, 10:45 am

Guest


Guest
2seaoat wrote:Did you watch Meet the Press this weekend? Did your hear Mitt? He is going to do nothing with the deficit until his second term because of how frail our economy has become. Four years from now he will address the things which he now attacks the president and with clarity he admitted the truth.............you can blame the president........but are you so foolish to think Mitt is the solution? Hypocrisy would be a knee slapper if it was not so tragic.

So it is not OK for Romney to say he won't do anything until his second term, but clearly fine and dandy with Michelle Obama and Bill Clinton both saying that Obama needs more time and that it cannot be accomplished in one term.

4 The US Labor Dept..... Empty Re: The US Labor Dept..... on 9/13/2012, 11:00 am

Exactly! We take a complex incremental policy failure which triggered the economic collapse and foolishly try to blame Bush and Obama. We think that running up debt in a near depression is an exception to the general rule....it is not. It is simple economics. We need to stimulate the economy. I have been for 7 years on public forums a strong advocate of reducing our teachers, fire, and police. I was called a great many names in my stance, but when we cut almost 400,000 public employees with needed cuts during a near depression, what in the hell do we think is going to happen to employment numbers when we finally reduce government?

My anger with Mitt Romney is that he is not Sarah Palin ignorant.....he knows what he is saying is a lie.....and he goes ahead and says it. I posted the 2006 utube press conference where he clearly explains that he should be given more than three years to correct the MA economy and he should not be judged as to where they were.....but where they are going.

We need to look at policy which allows us to have an economy which works for the average American. The truth is if the jobs bill was passed we would go further in debt, but most of that money would have created private sector jobs. Romney knows the truth....he is not stupid....he is simply evil. So when he acknowledges how difficult our situation is and that he will be powerless to change it for four years, and then out of the other side of his face he says it is all the President's fault.......you simply cannot make this stuff up. So the president will win......As people get to know Mitt, we will probably lose the house, and lo and behold we will kick the problems down the road as job bills will be passed hiring more government workers......insanity.

View user profile

5 The US Labor Dept..... Empty Re: The US Labor Dept..... on 9/13/2012, 11:01 am

Guest


Guest
2seaoat wrote:Did you watch Meet the Press this weekend? Did your hear Mitt? He is going to do nothing with the deficit until his second term because of how frail our economy has become. Four years from now he will address the things which he now attacks the president and with clarity he admitted the truth.............you can blame the president........but are you so foolish to think Mitt is the solution? Hypocrisy would be a knee slapper if it was not so tragic.

What 'claity' and 'truths' are you attributing to the COWH?...What has he taken responsibility for?...But on aspect there is some correctness...the US Senate has been a horrible FAILURE and has done nothing for four years...Blocked legislation from the House and did not even attempt to negotiate or find some common ground...Sen Harry Reid NEEDS to be removed as leader!...

6 The US Labor Dept..... Empty Re: The US Labor Dept..... on 9/13/2012, 12:48 pm

Congress has failed. To be elected to the house or senate takes obscene amounts of money now. The special interests with all their perks in the tax code and all their subsidies love gridlock. They have bought and paid for congress on both sides of the aisle, and we cannot even get a farm bill signed which may further cause price instability and harm to Americans.

We will get this right. Truth, Justice, and the American way will prevail. It starts with specifics. It starts with honesty. Romney's attacks are dishonest. He could be specific and correct. He could tell us what is in his tax returns, and he could give specifics on the tax code changes so each of us will know how our tax returns will change if he wins. It is simple honesty. I am not wrong on this.......I have never been more correct on anything in my life.........and I certainly do not expect to have the skills or talent to communicate to others my thoughts and bring consensus.

View user profile

7 The US Labor Dept..... Empty Re: The US Labor Dept..... on 9/13/2012, 1:13 pm

Guest


Guest
2seaoat wrote:Congress has failed. To be elected to the house or senate takes obscene amounts of money now. The special interests with all their perks in the tax code and all their subsidies love gridlock. They have bought and paid for congress on both sides of the aisle, and we cannot even get a farm bill signed which may further cause price instability and harm to Americans.

We will get this right. Truth, Justice, and the American way will prevail. It starts with specifics. It starts with honesty. Romney's attacks are dishonest. He could be specific and correct. He could tell us what is in his tax returns, and he could give specifics on the tax code changes so each of us will know how our tax returns will change if he wins. It is simple honesty. I am not wrong on this.......I have never been more correct on anything in my life.........and I certainly do not expect to have the skills or talent to communicate to others my thoughts and bring consensus.

Just heard an ad on the radio from a PAC supporting the COWH...designed specifially to scare senior citizens about medicare...saying that Romney/Ryan will take away from current seniors....talk about dishonesty...So lets not simply dismiss Romney ads/attacks as the only dishonesty....There is nothing dishonest about attacking the four year record of the COWH...How does that explain the ads that are in his own words while he was campaigning for the job?...

8 The US Labor Dept..... Empty Re: The US Labor Dept..... on 9/13/2012, 1:23 pm

Well it depends on how you define elderly. AARP defines a senior citizen as anyone over the age of 50. The Romney medicaid and medicare vouchers would only impact people under 54. Technically, four years of elderly are going to see their benefits at risk. Now in fairness, I have not read if those people who are 53 or 54 are going to get some blended benefit under the vouchers compared to someone who is 30, but these are real policies which will have real impact on people.

I was 55 when I was stricken with cancer. If the law passed a year prior to my cancer be discovered, I would be a 54 year old who would get a voucher for about 8k a year when my medical bills at 60 are running 200k plus. I think if they are targeting 80 year olds that is wrong, but older Americans once this slippery slope is passed could easily see changes in ages and benefits in subsequent years.

I would rather talk about math. What are our shortfalls, and what revenues sources are necessary to maintain our successful program. This does not mean that we cannot attack fraud and waste. This does not mean that we may have to limit benefits. However, lets do the math, and keep wall street and the banksters away from providing health care for elderly Americans.

View user profile

9 The US Labor Dept..... Empty Re: The US Labor Dept..... on 9/13/2012, 1:30 pm

Guest


Guest
2seaoat wrote:Well it depends on how you define elderly. AARP defines a senior citizen as anyone over the age of 50. The Romney medicaid and medicare vouchers would only impact people under 54. Technically, four years of elderly are going to see their benefits at risk. Now in fairness, I have not read if those people who are 53 or 54 are going to get some blended benefit under the vouchers compared to someone who is 30, but these are real policies which will have real impact on people.

I was 55 when I was stricken with cancer. If the law passed a year prior to my cancer be discovered, I would be a 54 year old who would get a voucher for about 8k a year when my medical bills at 60 are running 200k plus. I think if they are targeting 80 year olds that is wrong, but older Americans once this slippery slope is passed could easily see changes in ages and benefits in subsequent years.

I would rather talk about math. What are our shortfalls, and what revenues sources are necessary to maintain our successful program. This does not mean that we cannot attack fraud and waste. This does not mean that we may have to limit benefits. However, lets do the math, and keep wall street and the banksters away from providing health care for elderly Americans.

It's a negotiation process that has been put off for political pruposes for far too long and now the bill is overdue...there needs to be reform and if this begins the talking then so be it...But agree that its time for a re-evaluation of all programs...yes even defense should be included but not gutted...Time for those that have lived off the government as a way of life to get off their asses and get jobs...the gravy train is coming to a stop...

10 The US Labor Dept..... Empty Re: The US Labor Dept..... on 9/13/2012, 1:39 pm

2seaoat wrote:Well it depends on how you define elderly. AARP defines a senior citizen as anyone over the age of 50. The Romney medicaid and medicare vouchers would only impact people under 54. Technically, four years of elderly are going to see their benefits at risk. Now in fairness, I have not read if those people who are 53 or 54 are going to get some blended benefit under the vouchers compared to someone who is 30, but these are real policies which will have real impact on people.

I was 55 when I was stricken with cancer. If the law passed a year prior to my cancer be discovered, I would be a 54 year old who would get a voucher for about 8k a year when my medical bills at 60 are running 200k plus. I think if they are targeting 80 year olds that is wrong, but older Americans once this slippery slope is passed could easily see changes in ages and benefits in subsequent years.

I would rather talk about math. What are our shortfalls, and what revenues sources are necessary to maintain our successful program. This does not mean that we cannot attack fraud and waste. This does not mean that we may have to limit benefits. However, lets do the math, and keep wall street and the banksters away from providing health care for elderly Americans.

Seaoat,

There is no/none/nada voucher plan in the Romney/Ryan medicare plan, PERIOD.

The Romney/Ryan plan is like medicare advantage. There are no vouchers, period.

It's a transfer of payment program, get it? NO VOUCHERS,,,,PERIOD

View user profile

11 The US Labor Dept..... Empty Re: The US Labor Dept..... on 9/13/2012, 2:02 pm

This is constructive. We need to listen. Then discuss. You say there is no voucher. Is one of us lying? Is one of us confused? Or I we using terms which may be imprecise? First, is it fair to say that the government currently is administering a program? I think it would be fair to say that medicare and medicaid are not administered by private companies, rather they are in fact under the direction of the government. Now lets talk about how premiums are collected for this public health system. Would it be fair to say that during a lifetime of employment, a citizen contributes from their pay check to the fund which by design should be actuarial sound, and have the resources in that fund to cover medical procedures.

Now is it fair that like you said, the Romney and Ryan position is that instead of the government being the administrator, that they are wanting private insurance companies to now administer senior health care in America? Now where has this been done in America?

Charter schools and school vouchers are an alternative to centralized public education. For profit, or not for profit schools can be organized, and the government gives each student a voucher to attend the school of their choice, which is a sum certain amount of money taken from the public budget and given to a private enterprise for profit or not for profit organization.

Now, you can look at how a duck waddles, swims, and quacks and tell me nowhere on the duck is it written that the duck is a duck. However, when you take a sum certain amount around 8k a year, and allocate that money to allow a person to go to non profit or profit insurance companies to pay the annual premium, that is a voucher provided by government to secure the services of a private organization.

Definition of VOUCHER
1
: an act of vouching
2
a : a piece of supporting evidence : proof
b : a documentary record of a business transaction
c : a written affidavit or authorization : certificate
d : a form or check indicating a credit against future purchases or expenditures
3
: a coupon issued by government to a parent or guardian to be used to fund a child's education in either a public or private school

Tell me where I have stated anything which is incorrect, and I will gladly review facts and discussions which are rational and can correct any misinformation I may have.

View user profile

12 The US Labor Dept..... Empty Re: The US Labor Dept..... on 9/13/2012, 2:05 pm

Guest


Guest
too funny... seaoat ignores the facts we have learned about obamacare (medicare cuts and medicaid expansion... by coincidence nearly the same amounts) but will parrot the democrats demagoguery... and he doth protest he is a republican... lol.

13 The US Labor Dept..... Empty Re: The US Labor Dept..... on 9/13/2012, 2:30 pm

You are welcome to enter the arena of ideas......you do have a tendency to sit in the cheap seats and run away when asked to come down and play. You saw my response to boots.....he said it was not a voucher system......what say you? I personally was involved in an attempt to create a charter school and seek an alternative to what I thought were clear mistakes being made by the public schools. I believed in private enterprise and thought that my central tenets could easily transfer over to schools. I was wrong. My time was better spent correcting the errors of the system, rather than abandoning the system.

I have never been a supporter of the affordable health care bill because I think the most efficient system in a unitary system, or medicare for all. If you are a true fiscal conservative, you would understand that economy of scale and reduction in redundancy and waste in our current system could be improved. I believe that government has legitimate functions. I believe that the general welfare clause works when talking about education, transportation, health, and defense. I am closer to Ike than you are, but if your basic premise is that government is bad, and Seaoat thinks government can be good.....therefore he is a socialist......well, you better stay up there in the nose bleed seats, because you would not do well in the arena of ideas.

View user profile

14 The US Labor Dept..... Empty Re: The US Labor Dept..... on 9/13/2012, 3:17 pm

Guest


Guest
pffft... i've engaged you at nearly turn... but now i have recognized your mantra. like you did markle.

first you start with a false premise... like the govt being involved on a larger scale would provide the scope necessary to improve "redundancy and waste". well... i've got breaking news for you i guess... the govt has been knee deep in healthcare for a long time. it started with noble causes like guidelines and standards... and like nearly every progressive idea for the last century... grew into controls and edicts... and then the very sorce of the "redundancy and waste".

i know when we are not exchanging ideas... you have an agenda. i don't think govt is evil... but when there is no check and there is limit to it's powers and influences... we are slowly taught (by the govt) that it provides us with our rights and services as it deems fit.

a true exchange of ideas would require honesty... not demagoguery like "romney is evil". therefore... you can't be taken seriously and i won't waste my time.

Thank you for your participation... please await markle's reply.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum