Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Donald Trump’s surge is all about less-educated Americans

+2
2seaoat
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2015/07/27/donald-trumps-surge-is-heavily-reliant-on-less-educated-americans-heres-why/

GOP 2016! We're going after the dumb ones!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

How bout a comparison. How educated are the Hillary supporters? Do we have the stats on that?

2seaoat

Stupid is the current race in the Republican primary.  Who can say or do the most outlandish things to appeal to stupid people.  I would rather never get on the debate stage than to commit the moral desperation of Huckabee or Trump.  It is so butchmeup hysteria.....the rush for the stupid attention is neither presidential or a successful mode in the general election, and is certain to guarantee that Republicans will not be elected to the White House.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:How bout a comparison.  How educated are the Hillary supporters?  Do we have the stats on that?

Look at their policies (or lack thereof) and what each party is talking about.  That should give you a good indication of the intelligence level of their supporters.

Climate change

Democrats - Agree with whatever consensus exists among the scientific community
Republicans - Climate change doesn't exist

Iran

Democrats - The current Iran deal
Republicans - War

Gross redistribution of wealth

Democrats - Incentivize corporate profit sharing by way of tax policy
Republicans - This isn't an issue that needs addressing

LGBT Community

Democrats - Gay people should have the right to marry
Republicans - Gay people should not have the right to marry because of the bible

Rebel flag

Democrats - Take it down
Republicans - Put it back up

Energy policy

Democrats - Set target goals for a transition to renewable energy by way of tax incentives and government loan programs
Republicans - Protect the fossil fuel industry

Religion

Democrats - Religion should be kept out of government and out of the science classroom
Republicans - Corporations can have religious beliefs which supersede your rights as an individual citizen.  Bronze-age creation myths should be taught in science classes.

Campaign finance

Democrats - Address the issue of dark money in politics.
Republicans - This isn't an issue that needs addressing

General strategy for getting elected

Democrats - Put forth ideas that will convince people to vote for you
Republicans - Redraw districts and disenfranchise various age and racial demographics by way of voter restriction laws

Healthcare

Democrats - Keep the ACA and possibly move to Medicare for All
Republicans - Repeal the ACA.  No alternative has been suggested

I could go on all day on these.  Republican forum members, feel free to clarify the republican positions here if you feel I have misstated them.  <---that was rhetorical.  None of our forum republicans can coherently communicate any policy idea that they support....which is further evidence supporting the line of reasoning that the republican party targets dumb people.  (Not that we needed any more evidence for that beyond Donald Trump leading the current pack of 16 deep in the clown car)

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But the whole point of your thread to start was the education level of the average Trump supporter.
If we don't know what the education level of the average Hillary supporter is we really can't make an apples to apples comparison on that.

I realize you think a progressive position on issues is intelligent and the conservative position is dumb.  But that's a subjective take on it.
William F. Buckley was conservative and he wasn't dumb.

My subjective take on it is Sarah Palin supporters and Nancy Pelosi supporters are both dumb. But again, that's just my opinion.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:But the whole point of your thread to start was the education level of the average Trump supporter.
If we don't know what the education level of the average Hillary supporter is we really can't make an apples to apples comparison on that.

I realize you think a progressive position on issues is intelligent and the conservative position is dumb.  But that's a subjective take on it.
William F. Buckley was conservative and he wasn't dumb.

My subjective take on it is Sarah Palin supporters and Nancy Pelosi supporters are both dumb.  But again,  that's just my opinion.  

Fair enough. If I find any polls that lay out the education levels of Clinton supporters, I'll let you know. Until then, we can look to policy positions as a good indicator. If you feel that things like ignoring science that is a direct threat to humanity and regularly pushing for pre-emptive war instead of diplomacy are not good indicators of intelligence (or a lack thereof), there probably isn't much that I could say to you to convince you otherwise.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

When Hillary was in college she was the President of the Young Republicans.
Wouldn't she be dumb too?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:When Hillary was in college she was the President of the Young Republicans.

That would depend upon her positions and her ability to reason.

Markle

Markle

Here's the ugly bottom line.

When your own party LEADERS, call you STUPID, the discussion is over.

As the Progressives here are desperate to forget. That the architect of ObamaCare, REPEATEDLY called those who support ObamaCare...STUPID.

Anything else?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:Here's the ugly bottom line.

As the Progressives here are desperate to forget.  That the architect of ObamaCare, REPEATEDLY called those who support ObamaCare...STUPID.

Anything else?

Bob, notice that he doesn't take issue with any of the republican positions that I laid out.

Markle, can you name any policy that you support?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's another question. Have either of you EVER, even once, shared the same position on any issue whatsoever involving the Federal Government?

I've had the same position as Markle on some things and the same position as you on some things.

Of course that is why Ann Coulter says my IQ is no higher than that of a toaster. But all that means is she's just bigoted against retards.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:

As the Progressives here are desperate to forget.  That the architect of ObamaCare, REPEATEDLY called those who support ObamaCare...STUPID.

Anything else?

Bob, notice that he doesn't take issue with any of the republican positions that I laid out.  

Because you are not accurate about the positions. No reason to comment, just let you play your childish games.

2seaoat

Because you are not accurate about the positions. No reason to comment, just let you play your childish games.

There is nothing childish about debunking dangerous traitorous propaganda.  However, I would agree that a child could do it......sophomoric and idiotic is not hard to debunk.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:When Hillary was in college she was the President of the Young Republicans.

Republicans are much, much dumber than they used to be.

This is not debatable.

nadalfan

I was looking for demographics of Clinton supporters, but haven't had any luck. I did find a breakdown by party affiliation

http://www.people-press.org/2015/04/07/a-deep-dive-into-party-affiliation/

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:Here's another question.  Have either of you EVER,  even once,  shared the same position on any issue whatsoever involving the Federal Government?

I don't believe I have ever agreed with Markle on anything.

Or, more correctly stated, I don't believe I have ever agreed with Markle's copy-and-paste material on anything.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Anything else?

Because you are not accurate about the positions.  No reason to comment, just let you play your childish games.

Well, can you clarify which ones are accurate and then more correctly state the republican position? This is an opportunity for you to sell the republican position on all of these issues.

Or, can you simply name any - any - policy that you support?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum