Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another Mass Shooting--in Lafayette Lousiana Movie Theater

+5
Hospital Bob
Sal
nadalfan
TEOTWAWKI
ZVUGKTUBM
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:I was an Eagle Scout.  I began shooting with my family on weekends when I was  five years old shooting a .22 pistol and .22 rifle at targets.  In scouting I won sharpshooting competitions and got NRA awards from competitive shooting.  NRA sponsored gun safety programs which I participated.  I hunted with my father.  My father kept our guns in a locked up gun case, and was a stickler for gun safety.  Guns were part of my fondest memories of my father who died when I was 10.  My father NEVER had a gun for protection, or a loaded weapon in the house for the same.  He was an expert marksman.

Today, I have a double barreled shotgun which my cousin gave me after he explained my father had given his dad the gun over sixty years ago.  I have a semi automatic rifle, and another shotgun.  I have no hand guns because in all my competitions which included pistol, I learned how difficult it is to become proficient with a pistol.  My guns are not loaded.  They are primarily used for vermin and hunting, and NOT protection.  I was never scared of the boogeyman as a child, and I am not scared of it as an adult.  I believe there is a simple solution to gun violence in America.

All firearms in America need to be microchipped and registered.  People can transfer guns only by proper ATF forms, and that at the time of transfer, the gun must have a certified chip installed.  My only additional burden on a gun owner is that all guns must NOT be concealed and must be carried or transported in cases which are bright orange.  A case strapped on a person must be visible and closed.  No weapon may be transported loaded, and the ammunition must be in the case and if a weapon is going to be fired, it must have a biometric trigger lock which only allows the person or persons set forth in the ATF transfer form.  So if my wife and I take the shotgun in the car it must be in a case, unloaded, and with a biometric trigger lock which works with my fingerprint or my wife's. 

Any business or public place may ban firearms from being brought into their establishment.  Conceal and carry permits will only be issued to licensed security personnel, police, and PIs under strict guidelines.  However, all citizens can transport their guns freely on their person or in their vehicles in public areas which allow firearms.
As a life long gun owner, I find these inconveniences minor considering that gun deaths are now over taking auto deaths.   We made autos safer, and we can make guns safer.   The NRA was once the champion of safety, but greed and avarice has turned a once noble organizations into an evil lobby of death.

Another Mass Shooting--in Lafayette Lousiana Movie Theater - Page 2 Boringtalk

If you just pull the progressive cities with the strongest gun control laws out of the mix the US had a very low rate.

2seaoat

If you just pull the progressive cities with the strongest gun control laws out of the mix the US had a very low rate.

What are your statistical controls to make this statement?

Has the violent crime rate increased or decreased since more law abiding citizens own guns?

Is the violent crime rate higher or lower in gun free West European countries?

Again moronic statistical controls.  The crime rate has been plunging for thirty years and that is largely because younger people commit crimes, and the babyboom bubble which impacts the labor participation rate also impacts dropping crime rates.......Mr. Markle and his gangsta oldsters are going steal cars.......Now your old simpleton European comparison where Europe uses proproperty crimes as violent crimes and America does not and you think people are stupid.....not that I have not pointed this out to you ten times....but you are bored.....
Boring people are a reflection of boring people.

I've sited it before... though they just pulled out dc, no, detroit, and chicago.

There are many others however... like oakland, baltimore, philly, gary, la... etc.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:If you just pull the progressive cities with the strongest gun control laws out of the mix the US had a very low rate.

What are your statistical controls to make this statement?

Has the violent crime rate increased or decreased since more law abiding citizens own guns?

Is the violent crime rate higher or lower in gun free West European countries?

Again moronic statistical controls.  The crime rate has been plunging for thirty years and that is largely because younger people commit crimes, and the babyboom bubble which impacts the labor participation rate also impacts dropping crime rates.......Mr. Markle and his gangsta oldsters are going steal cars.......Now your old simpleton European comparison where Europe uses proproperty crimes as violent crimes and America does not and you think people are stupid.....not that I have not pointed this out to you ten times....but you are bored.....
Boring people are a reflection of boring people.

Guess the meds are requiring many things to be repeated to you.

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.
By James Slack
UPDATED:18:14 EST, 2 July 2009

Britain's violent crime record is worse than any other country in the European union, it has been revealed.

Official crime figures show the UK also has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S. and even South Africa - widely considered one of the world's most dangerous countries.

The figures comes on the day new Home Secretary Alan Johnson makes his first major speech on crime, promising to be tough on loutish behaviour.

Another Mass Shooting--in Lafayette Lousiana Movie Theater - Page 2 GreatBritainViolentCrime_zps3830f50c

The U.S. has a violence rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents, Canada 935, Australia 92 and South Africa 1,609.
Shadow Home Secretary Chris Grayling said: 'This is a damning indictment of this government's comprehensive failure over more than a decade to tackle the deep rooted social problems in our society, and the knock on effect on crime and anti-social behaviour.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1196941/The-violent-country-Europe-Britain-worse-South-Africa-U-S.html#ixzz22LrhP2fC

Sal

Sal

Old man Markle is playing in his poo again.

And, random internet guy wants to play.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle, if that is all fact, this is one time you've educated me about something.
I had no idea the UK was that violent.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:Markle,  if that is all fact,  this is one time you've educated me about something.
I had no idea the UK was that violent.

Stay out of the poo, Bob.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If all that's true it's not "poo",  Sal.  It puts into context the thousand (maybe two thousand) times we've heard gun opponents tell us how safe the UK is since it doesn't have as many guns.
Don't tell me you don't want all the facts known to us.  That's how they do it in courtrooms.
To not give us all the facts is how they do it on cable tv news wrastlin.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Bob could have stopped this shooting after the first shot.....he would have reached into his cargo pants and threw a can of coke at the perp, and before the shooter could adjust he would knock him out with a box of jumbo milk duds(stale bought at garage sale two years earlier)........guns do not kill.....milk duds do.

We demand fresh dates on milk duds.....do you think we can put reasonable controls on guns?

I personally don't care if the gun laws are made stricter.  I already have a semi-automatic rifle and 700 rounds for it.  And I have my Judge.
If they outlawed all guns tomorrow I'd still have all the guns I want.

So go ahead and toughen up on the gun laws.  It won't stop me from owning my guns and I honestly don't believe it will do much to prevent gun crime.  So for me it's just much ado about nothing.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

From the time I was 16 until I got to be 21,  I bought all the beer I wanted from Sam.  Sam had a little bar in a house near the corner of Alcaniz St and Texar Dr.  Next door to the bar he had a little church running out of another small house.   His religion was part christian and part hoodoo.
Whenever we went there,  there were usually other teenagers buying six-packs too.
But the point is,  it was totally illegal for me to buy or possess alcohol all that time.

If you outlaw guns,  the same "Sams"  will get into the gun business pronto. Alcohol and guns both are as central to American culture as apple pie and hot dogs. People will have it one way or another. Prohibition didn't work with alcohol and it won't work with guns.

2seaoat

I will type this slowly.....Mr. Markle.....property crimes in America are not used for statistical purposes as violent crime.  So if I say the Bulls beat the Cavs because they outscored the cavs.....but the Cavs did not count free throws and the Bulls did.......the total sclore means nothing unless both are using the same stats.......you do understand that the cites you are making are NRA lobbyist propaganda, and that it is untruthful.   Why lie about managing brokers and violent crime?  Is it ignorance or intentional?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Is what he says true, markle? That whoever created the chart you provided is counting all property crimes as "violent" crimes?
Because of course that would put that chart "into context" too. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But even still,  any burglar who comes in here better be intent on using violence.  Because if he aint he's sure gonna get some violence put on him if I get home before he leaves.  In fact he'll stop breathing if I can make it happen.
And that goes for little brown bags of garbage and little pale bags of garbage both.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

“America is a country founded on guns. It’s in our DNA. It’s very strange but I feel better having a gun. I really do. I don’t feel safe, I don’t feel the house is completely safe, if I don’t have one hidden somewhere. That’s my thinking, right or wrong.”
– Brad Pitt

Better get over to Brad's house with a SWAT team....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

That's interesting, teo. Because on most things, Brad is about as liberal as Nancy Paloosi.

2seaoat

“He was crazy,” Ms. Bone said outside the home where Mr. Houser flew the Confederate battle flag. “But I didn’t think he would kill someone.”
Mr. Ramsel said that Mr. Houser, cultivated a reputation as “somewhat of an anarchist.”

nadalfan

Illegal immigrant shoots and kills innocent lady: shock, anger, outrage, we have to do something
Islamic terrorist shoots and kills 5 service members: shock, anger, outrage, we have to do something

another mass shooting:
he was crazy
bad things happen
it was a gun free zone
we need more guns (in a dark movie theater)
we should live with one hand ready to unholster a gun if necessary
we're less violent than other countries (kinda makes me proud)

but at least there are lots of prayers being sent to the victims and their families

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:“He was crazy,” Ms. Bone said outside the home where Mr. Houser flew the Confederate battle flag. “But I didn’t think he would kill someone.”
Mr. Ramsel said that Mr. Houser, cultivated a reputation as “somewhat of an anarchist.”

Back before we had "gun control" laws and just about anybody anywhere could get a gun,  we had mass murdering shooters about every 20 years.  And that included confederate flag waving racist rednecks.
Now that we have enacted "gun control" laws,  we're having one about once a month.
How's that workin out for ya.

We now have a sick, twisted society with lots of sick twisted maggots living in it.
That's the problem.

dumpcare

Bob wrote:From the time I was 16 until I got to be 21,  I bought all the beer I wanted from Sam.  Sam had a little bar in a house near the corner of Alcaniz St and Texar Dr.  Next door to the bar he had a little church running out of another small house.   His religion was part christian and part hoodoo.
Whenever we went there,  there were usually other teenagers buying six-packs too.
But the point is,  it was totally illegal for me to buy or possess alcohol all that time.

If you outlaw guns,  the same "Sams"  will get into the gun business pronto.  Alcohol and guns both are as central to American culture as apple pie and hot dogs.  People will have it one way or another.  Prohibition didn't work with alcohol and it won't work with guns.

True Bob, just heard on ABC news he was denied a concealed weapon license.

I got my first gun in 1970 from one of my 3 other roommates living off base in D.C. There were two of us that were military, one barber and one iron worker. The Barber who actually was dealing drugs from his barber chair gave me a 38 snub nose as I was getting discharged, getting married for the first time and going home. He said to take it with me it was mine, lol. Well had serial number filed off. But hell it was free and I took it.

One year later the other military roommate and his new wife came to visit me and my wife in my home town. He asked if I still had that gun? I said yes and he said get rid of it. After I had left D.C. area the barber was arrested on suspicion of murder and drug dealing but the police couldn't find the gun.

Had a cousin that took it (he dealt in those type of guns) said he took care of it, but knowing him probably sold it to some of his shady friends.

It really doesn't matter what gun controls that are implemented, crazy's will get them from someone.

I do believe everyone in their right mind should be able to have as many as you want and concealed. I do not believe in open carry.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:

I do believe everyone in their right mind...

Before I went to the yard sales and I was reading all this, you just hit on the thought I wanted to convey but then the yard sales were calling my name.

Now I'm back and I'm glad you raised the point.

The Lafayette shooter had been hospitalized for mental illness. Since this sickos-going-on-gun-rampages is now at epidemic levels, maybe it would be a good idea to prohibit ANYONE who fits that description from buying a gun legally.

But then if you think about it further, even that is fraught with problems.
And it's not "taking away rights" from the insane that I care about. I would do that in a ny second if I thought it would work.
But think of the effect that would have. Some of these nutters would avoid any hospitlization for mental illness just so they wouldn't be put on the gun blacklist. That would put a number of nutters on the street who otherwise would be getting treatment.
And beyond that, does anyone believe that if his name was on a ban list for legal gun sellers, that this would prohibit him from getting a gun if he really wanted to do so?
And even if they don't have guns, can anybody say the name Timothy McVeigh.

I'm not sure there is any answer to this. Except maybe for a complete makeover of our society and our culture. And while Jesus, Jehova and Allah all working in cahoots might could make that happen, I don't see them doing it. So I'm not optimistic.
But this "gun control" strategy is like putting a bandaid on a brain tumor. That I'm pretty convinced of, even though of course I'll now be called racist, retarded, right-wing, and a fence-sitter because of it. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I like that,  Racist,  retarded and right-wing.  The three R's.  lol

p.s. add republican and it's the 4 R's. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The 4 R's.  Racist,  Retarded,  Right-wing and Republican.  That could be a new 4-man tag team in wrastlin.  Would probably sell out tickets in Madison Square Garden in ten minutes.  

And speakin of wrastlin (which I so love to do),  has anybody seen what's happened to the most well known wrastler in the bizness?  They found out he used the "n" word 12 years ago and now he's history.  lol

Sal

Sal

The problem is that there are so many guns, and they are so readily available to anyone who wants one.

I'm not sure what the answer is for America, because Americans are so fucking crazy about the whole issue.

But, don't pretend gun control can't work.

It can and does in other places.

But, it requires gun confiscation, and that just ain't gonna fly here.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:

And speakin of wrastlin (which I so love to do),  has anybody seen what's happened to the most well known wrastler in the bizness?  They found out he used the "n" word 12 years ago and now he's history.  lol

This is the real reason he's out ...

Another Mass Shooting--in Lafayette Lousiana Movie Theater - Page 2 Hogan3

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum