Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

153k bill for a rattlesnake bite

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1153k bill for a rattlesnake bite Empty 153k bill for a rattlesnake bite 7/22/2015, 11:44 pm

2seaoat

40k for five nights stay in hospital.......80k for drugs.......how broken is our system where they simply negotiate with insurance companies, and make no sense on their bills.  Total nonsense.  Medical bills bare no relation to reality.  This is three times the average income of an average American.  Can we finally stop the rhetoric and start working on real reform, and yes there are standards which are in the ACA which will start to address this craziness and they are starting to standardize procedures across the nation with reality links to procedures.......we all have to support rationality and demand the same.

dumpcare

My 4 hour trip to ER two weeks where the doctor did not lay a hand on me and talked to me 3 minutes before ordering a ct scan, blood work and urine so far has added up to $11, 850. The docs charge was $1100, insurance company paid $170.00. Just received the hospital yesterday and it doesn't look like they have filed with insurance company yet.

Still out and I believe the last bill is for the radiologist that read scan.

Scan was over $7000 and radiation they shot into me was an even $400.00.

My copay $65.00 for all of this, but if time holds true this particular hospital system will send me some bills in a few months hoping I will pay.

2seaoat

It just has become the central concern for anybody over 40.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum