Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your government has made it possible for hackers to wreck and kill you from their couch.....

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.infowars.com/470000-vehicles-at-risk-after-hackers-take-control-crash-jeep-cherokee-from-a-sofa-10-miles-away/

470,000 Vehicles At Risk After Hackers “Take Control & Crash” Jeep Cherokee From A Sofa 10 Miles Away
The on-board Internet connection is a ‘super nice vulnerability’ for hackers

In what is being called “the first of its kind,” Wired.com reports that hackers, using just a laptop and mobile phone, accessed a Jeep Cherokee’s on-board systems (via its wireless internet connection), took control and crashed the car into a ditch from 10 miles away sitting on their sofa. As The Telegraph details, the breach was revealed by security researchers Charlie Miller, a former staffer at the NSA, and Chris Valasek, who warned that more than 470,000 cars made by Fiat Chrysler could be at risk of being attacked by similar means. Coming just weeks after the FBI claimed a US hacker took control of a passenger jet he was on in the first known such incident of its kind, the incident shows just how vulnerable we are to modern technology.

My mom just bought a new jeep liberty. I sent her the link.

2seaoat

how vulnerable we are to modern technology.

Modern technology can also close the vulnerability of networks.  Chrysler has a software patch.  I personally would not want an internet link on my vehicle.  We are being tracked now by our smart phones, and once linked to a network our vehicles will be tracked.   The Mays stop which was unlawful happened by intentional officer deceit, or a bad license scan.  Right now hundreds of thousands of vehicles are being loaded into databases by multiple multi directional scanners which are on police cruisers across America and this data is uploaded to databases which hold the date, GPS location, and time of where that vehicle was.  Queries into these databases are done without warrant or probable cause to gather all vehicles around a specific area at a specific time.  The ACLU has been fighting this for almost a decade, but as the Mays case shows it is  neither perfect on its scans or within the law of the fourth amendment when these queries are done without a warrant.  This country is getting far more scarier than somebody controlling our vehicles, they are controlling our lives.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PkrBum wrote:My mom just bought a new jeep liberty. I sent her the link.

I'd cite this and get my money back or a different car...too dangerous...If you watch the video at highway speeds you could be pushed right into a semi. They could kill your engine then when the car slowed down take over steering and coast you right off a cliff. Of course you would have no brakes ...This sucks big time and I will never buy any new car...I am going to find an old Geo like Hallmarkgrad has and fix it up.....Damn Damn Damn !

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

I'd cite this and get my money back or a different car...too dangerous...If you watch the video at highway speeds you could be pushed right into a semi. They could kill your engine then when the car slowed down take over steering and coast you right off a cliff. Of course you would have no brakes ...This sucks big time and I will never buy any new car...I am going to find an old Geo like Hallmarkgrad has and fix it up.....Damn Damn Damn !

I'm hoping they come up with a patch... or a way to disable the feature. She sure likes it.

I'm with you though... I'll never buy a new car. I have a 79 ford truck and a 94 police interceptor thunderbird.

I know em inside and out... they're like new mechanically.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PkrBum wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

I'm hoping they come up with a patch... or a way to disable the feature. She sure likes it.

I'm with you though... I'll never buy a new car. I have a 79 ford truck and a 94 police interceptor thunderbird.

I know em inside and out... they're like new mechanically.

Wonder how they will force us to retrofit our old faithfuls....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum