Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I just saw the video on the police stop on the TX driver who committed suicide

+6
Hospital Bob
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
Vikingwoman
EmeraldGhost
2seaoat
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:This story has nothing to do with race.  

I never believed it was possible for you to say those words. In fact I still don't believe. Somebody must have hacked your account and stolen your identity.

Sal

Sal

If you watch the video closely from about the 32:00 mark to about the 35:00 mark, you will see that it is looped several times.

The same cars perform the same maneuvers several times, and there are breaks in the video.

At the same time, the audio remains unbroken.

This is one sketchy ass video.

Vikingwoman

Nobody said anything about her questioning him or putting out her cigarette. He asked her to get out of the car which he can do and she refused.

boards of FL

boards of FL

The cop got pissed because she answered his question.  He told her she seemed aggravated and asked why.  She answered him and her reasoning seemed valid.  At that point he decided to be a douche.  

I hope this guy loses his job.

Vikingwoman

He's not going to lose his job. I don't know when people decided it was ok to treat the police like shit? Many are just doing their job. Act like an adult and you won't get yourself in these situations. There are plenty of cops who do abuse citizens.It's just not necessary to antagonize the police.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Vikingwoman wrote:He's not going to lose his job. I don't know when people decided it was ok to treat the police like shit? Many are just doing their job. Act like an adult and you won't get yourself in these situations. There are plenty of cops who do abuse citizens.It's just not necessary to antagonize the police.

Where are you getting the idea that she treated him like shit? He told her she seemed agitated - a dickish comment that someone only makes if they're trying to escalate a situation. She explained why. That should have been it. He then decided to crank up the volume on his dickishness. "Can you put out that cigarette?"

This asshole entirely created that situation and has no business working in a career like that. He's terrible at it. We have plain video evidence of his incompetence.

Sal

Sal

The video starts with the cop letting a white girl go with only a warning and asking her about college, then he immediately speeds away in the opposite direction, pulls a black girl over for no valid reason, is disrespectful, manhandles her, and she ends up dead in a cell three days later.

So, it may be a bit premature to dismiss the issue of race.

2seaoat

He asked her to get out of the car which he can do and she refused.

An officer can ask a person to get out of their car if the officer believes there is probable cause for a crime committed or about to be committed.  Here the citation was going to be for improper signaling and the officer could ask the occupant out of the car if he had determined to issue the citation, had reason to believe the driver was impaired, or the officer feared for his safety during the stop.  None of these were present as his voice was captured on a recording where he was trying to cover his asz stating to his supervisor that he was asking the driver to leave the car to sign the citation.....a lie, and no mention of impairment, or fear for officer safety.  The man is on administrative leave because this was a totally bad extraction.  He failed to explain when the driver was asking reasonable questions.   As somebody else posted....he became piszed because the driver did not understand why she was stopped and the officer failed to properly instruct her on what was going to happen.  I did not suspend the officer to paid administrative leave......his department properly did that.  Citizens have the right to walk, drive a vehicle, or be in their homes without a police officer seizing them without a warrant.  There are exceptions to warrantless searchs but the Supreme Court is slowly cracking down on those abuses.  It is amazing how sheep like and cowardly our population has become when they think a citizen has no right to question a LEO.....they most certainly have that right, and they do not have to be polite, and can be irritated.   Professional training usually weeds out those candidates who are ill prepared to deal with the public in a respectful manner despite the irritation of a citizen stopped.  This officer escalated this stop, and is now on administrative leave.  He has a high probability of losing his job because he lost his composure and started an entirely unnecessary chain of events.

2seaoat

So, it may be a bit premature to dismiss the issue of race.

I saw so many color blind violations by the officer in the Mays case and this case that the question of race never even got beyond the numerous violations of citizen's rights.  I have dealt with racial profiling and understand that might be a component, but every citizen despite their color have constitutional rights to be safe and secure in their person and property without government seizure unless there is a warrant, or very clear exceptions to the warrant requirement.   We have become a nation of sheep who think this about black and white, and as evidenced by the Mays stop, the people wanted to lynch this man arguing that HE was making the race card play, or using his commissioner position to ask rude questions of the officer.....the constitution is color blind and violations of the same are violations despite the color of the citizen.

Sal

Sal

That they released such an amateurish and obviously edited video suggests they're used to getting away with some serious malfeasance down there.

A thorough DOJ investigation of their police procedures is warranted.

Sal

Sal

The video has now been taken down.

Hmmmm ....

2seaoat

This country may be saved by simple camera phones.   The abuses of citizen have been growing for thirty years as the war on drugs had the Supreme Court expanding exceptions to warrantless searches......this however has began to be reversed in the last decade as the abuses are now fully out of control, and the scary part is normally intelligent and kind people in the May's mob who rushed to judgment and all but denied a citizen's right to be free from seizure without probable cause or a warrant is always being cast as the citizen being black.....every day white citizens and black citizens are being abused by a Criminal justice system which is beginning to cannibalize American citizens.....enough.   We all need to engage our brains and read our constitution and understand the abuses which caused our founding fathers to put the fourth amendment in our constitution.....they were wise men who were courageous, we have become a cowardly society seeking creature comforts so willing to seek insular comfort and security at the expense of freedom and liberty......we have become a domesticated flock of sheep.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/tan-nguyen-nevada/

Who in their right mind in the legal system EVER okay-ed civil asset forfeiture

? !

Nguyen protested that the officer had no right to rob him. But Deputy Dove reminded him that government theft is legal in a police state.

“Everyday I do this,” said the Deputy Dove. “It’s all I do for a living. It’s drug interdiction and I get money.”

“The only reason why you have that cash is because it’s related to some sort of illegal activity,” said the deputy. “You know it and I know it.”

He goes on: “With everybody, that’s what I do because they don’t want the problems or the headaches so they abandon the money. They take what they’ve got in their wallet, or in this case cashiers checks, and they bolt.”

According to a subsequent lawsuit, Dove told Nguyen that he would be arrested unless he “got in his car and drove off and forgot this ever happened.”

Nothing will change until the highest levels of govt are held accountable and are forced to be transparent.

Take gunrunning to criminal cartels, clapper flat lying to us about domestic information gathering, holder spying on and intimidating the media, the persecution of whistleblowers, the irs targeting groups and destroying evidence after subpoena, hillary erasing her server, presidents lying about policy and misrepresenting agreements... etc.

The root problem is that neither party wants to use one set of standards.

2seaoat

The seeds of this corruption started with prohibition and the drug war.  It was a political calculation which has now fully backfired on those who created this monster.  The Criminal Justice System must be cut and this war on American citizens must stop.

2seaoat wrote:The seeds of this corruption started with prohibition and the drug war.  It was a political calculation which has now fully backfired on those who created this monster.  The Criminal Justice System must be cut and this war on American citizens must stop.

No... it started with wilson threatening the press, jailing those that criticized him or his policies, and the sedition act.

He was a rotten racist sob and should've never been president... thanks teddy.

Vikingwoman

boards of FL wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:He's not going to lose his job. I don't know when people decided it was ok to treat the police like shit? Many are just doing their job. Act like an adult and you won't get yourself in these situations. There are plenty of cops who do abuse citizens.It's just not necessary to antagonize the police.

Where are you getting the idea that she treated him like shit?  He told her she seemed agitated - a dickish comment that someone only makes if they're trying to escalate a situation.  She explained why.  That should have been it.  He then decided to crank up the volume on his dickishness.  "Can you put out that cigarette?"

This asshole entirely created that situation and has no business working in a career like that.  He's terrible at it.  We have plain video evidence of his incompetence.

He doesn't have to breath her cigarette smoke. He asked her to put it out. She refused. He asked her to get out of the car. She refused. She was not cooperative and then he ordered her out of the car. She then started calling him a pussy and fighting w/ him after he was handcuffing her and kicked him. And you say he escalated it?

2seaoat

She then started calling him a pussy and fighting w/ him after he was handcuffing her and kicked him. And you say he escalated it?

Yes  He was not up to her shoulders and he seemed to need to prove something, but in the end it does not matter what I say......he has been suspended on administrative leave.  NBC cited the reasons which were multiple breaches of protocol.  However, you can tell the department about this splendid police work, and how they made a mistake, and the officer did not escalate this stop......curious do you approve of leading a motorist out of range of the squad camera, and then claiming you were assaulted?

Barney......"Otis......get out of that cell........."

Sal

Sal

I really can't see how you can look at the video and determine the cop acted properly, unless you always give the police the benefit of the doubt, or you always view black people as suspicious and a threat, or both.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Vikingwoman wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Where are you getting the idea that she treated him like shit?  He told her she seemed agitated - a dickish comment that someone only makes if they're trying to escalate a situation.  She explained why.  That should have been it.  He then decided to crank up the volume on his dickishness.  "Can you put out that cigarette?"

This asshole entirely created that situation and has no business working in a career like that.  He's terrible at it.  We have plain video evidence of his incompetence.

He doesn't have to breath her cigarette smoke. He asked her to put it out. She refused. He asked  her to get out of the car. She refused. She was not cooperative and then he ordered her out of the car. She then started calling him a pussy and fighting w/ him after he was handcuffing her and kicked him. And you say he escalated it?

Yes. She refused. That is her right to do so. She also did not have to get out of the car. She also had every right to call him a pussy. I probably would have called him a wide array of things had I been in that situation. But then again, I'm a white male so I have no clue what that would be like.

2seaoat

I really can't see how you can look at the video and determine the cop acted properly, unless you always give the police the benefit of the doubt, or you always view black people as suspicious and a threat, or both.

I agree.  I always put my mother in the driver's seat to make sure I am not being guilty of the race card.  I never mentioned race in this stop, because the violations were so obscene, race never could cover this officer's conduct.  It you want your mother to be treated like this by peace officers, then you have to be a very frightened individual who is willing to give up constituwant your tional protections for a little perceived safety.  There is no excuse for this officer, or the officer in the May's stop.  People will take the racial path, but just ask if your mother should be treated like this.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

https://news.yahoo.com/da-too-early-know-woman-died-texas-jail-071406087.html#

here's the video.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Vikingwoman

Snark Spigot wrote:I really can't see how you can look at the video and determine the cop acted properly, unless you always give the police the benefit of the doubt, or you always view black people as suspicious and a threat, or both.

I knew that was coming. Every time a black person is involved if you don't agree w/ their behavior then you're a racist. I look at how people behave. In all the instances of the police stops we've discussed people behaved badly. I've been on both sides of this fence and you get tired of people acting like asses. The very idea that the police may pull you over for infractions entitles, in some people's minds, for them to act indignant and abusive. The woman could have said " I'm sorry if the smoke bothers you, I'll put it out or just "ok". But no she has to start some shit about being in her car and act pissed off. How many times a day do they have to put up w/ that shit to not be alright? She could have been polite and courteous and driven off w/ a warning. This shit about inciting your rights and provoking police gets you nowhere but jail. It's not smart, Oatie and the police usually win.

2seaoat

The officer is making a back story on the extraction allegedly to his supervisor, but probably these dumb aszes tried to splice the sound into the video and did not do a very good job.......this guy did not get suspended for a hanging.....he got put on administrative leave because of his outrageous conduct, and there is a good chance somebody tampered with the video.....not the smartest thing to do when the feds have been called in.....actually this guy dug a hole and confirmed the extraction was wrong in his own words.  The problems are pervasive and we have talked about these problems for ten years, but finally with phone cameras the public has had enough.  Just think how quickly the mob tried to make the Mays stop about race and being a commissioner......the problems are systemic and are supported by this sheep mentality.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum