Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bernie Sanders Draws Largest Crowd Ever in Phoenix

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bernie-sanders-crowd-phoenix_55abdc8ce4b0d2ded39f4061?ir=Politics&section=politics&ncid=newsltushpmg00000003

knothead

knothead

Senator Sanders is the antidote to the Tea Party!

2seaoat

People comprehend the facts which Bernie gives.  They understand his policies to correct these facts.  He is igniting America across party lines.  Bernie means what he says and do what he says.....something unique in American politics.  He is a welcome voice in the coming political races.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I was anxious to hear your thoughts on this, Seaoat, because...Phoenix. But you're right...Bernie Sanders resonates with the people because he is a champion of the people.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

2seaoat wrote:People comprehend the facts which Bernie gives.  They understand his policies to correct these facts.  He is igniting America across party lines.  Bernie means what he says and do what he says.....something unique in American politics.  He is a welcome voice in the coming political races.

Nearly any politician who speaks without reservation about something they strongly believe in will garner followers. Remember how "refreshing" McCain was before the handlers got a hold of him?

The Donald also has this appeal in that he spouts off without concern for who he might be offending or who might be attracted to his comments. He basically doesn't give a rip one way or the other although I noticed he does love pointing out that he is in the lead amongst the other republicans.

Bernie has this straight talk thing going as well as a message that can be understood. People know they are working harder for less pay, loosing ground on many levels. Bernie is telling them they are not imagining their situation. He is telling them it can be fixed. He is telling them it is not right, it is not the American way. This is a patriotic message. It is a shoot from the hip message that is aimed at the real problem and people are responding.

The opposite dynamic surrounds Hillary from my perspective. She is hesitant to say anything that can be played back in a loop on a negative campaign ad. "How will this sound?" seems always to be running in the background whenever she speaks.

I'd sure like to see Bernie overtake her and win the nomination!

2seaoat

I have listened to Uncle Bernie on Lunch with Bernie on the Thom Harman show every Friday for about three years.  He believes his message.  He has good stats.  He has some interesting ideas on how to correct the problems, and he is comfortable sticking to those facts.  However, after listening to him over the years, I get uncomfortable when he is taken out of his strong areas, and often like Ed Schultz he has some unrealistic ideas about labor and management, the minimum wage, and how government sometimes can actually hurt Americans.  I have NEVER voted for a Democrat for President, but the insanity of National Republican politics has forced me to consider next year voting for the Democratic nominee.  I think I could vote for Bernie if somebody like Romney or Trump are the nominee.  He will be powerless without congress, so fortunately the senate will go Democratic, but it will take until 2020 until the house goes Democratic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum