Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

An astoundingly good deal

+7
Markle
Vikingwoman
2seaoat
knothead
ZVUGKTUBM
boards of FL
nadalfan
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1An astoundingly good deal Empty An astoundingly good deal 7/16/2015, 5:37 pm

nadalfan

Opinion of Aaron Stein, a Middle East and nuclear proliferation expert with the Royal United Services Institute and the Geneva Centre for Security Policy and the Atlantic Council, and other experts' comments

http://www.vox.com/2015/4/2/8337347/iran-deal-good

2An astoundingly good deal Empty Re: An astoundingly good deal 7/16/2015, 5:41 pm

He is still out of range of the Shahab missiles, for him it's a good deal.

3An astoundingly good deal Empty Re: An astoundingly good deal 7/16/2015, 5:45 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

From the article:

The deal is strong on many terms, but it strongest on what was always going to be among the most crucial: inspections.

Whatever number of centrifuges Iran has or doesn't have, whatever amount of uranium it's allowed to keep or forced to give up, none of it matters unless inspectors have enough authority to hold Tehran to its end of the deal — and to convince the Iranians that they could never get away with cheating. To say the US got favorable terms here would be quite an understatement; the Iranians, when it comes to inspections, practically gave away the farm.

"I would give it an A," Stein said, in April, of the framework. When I asked why: "Because of the inspections and transparency."

4An astoundingly good deal Empty Re: An astoundingly good deal 7/16/2015, 5:48 pm

It's weak in the sense that the agreement pretty much has no enforceable parts unless Iran wants it enforced. There are enough ways for Iran to violate the agreement and never suffer one consequence.

5An astoundingly good deal Empty Re: An astoundingly good deal 7/16/2015, 5:48 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Demssuck wrote:He is still out of range of the Shahab missiles, for him it's a good deal.

An astoundingly good deal Meme11

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

6An astoundingly good deal Empty Re: An astoundingly good deal 7/16/2015, 5:52 pm

nadalfan

Demssuck wrote:It's weak in the sense that the agreement pretty much has no enforceable parts unless Iran wants it enforced. There are enough ways for Iran to violate the agreement and never suffer one consequence.

perhaps you should read the article, meanwhile I'll put more weight on the word of the experts

7An astoundingly good deal Empty Re: An astoundingly good deal 7/16/2015, 5:58 pm

Can inspections take place anywhere anytime 24/7?

8An astoundingly good deal Empty Re: An astoundingly good deal 7/16/2015, 6:06 pm

knothead

knothead

Evidently we have far more nuclear/policy experts here that I ever imagined,
who knew????

9An astoundingly good deal Empty Re: An astoundingly good deal 7/16/2015, 6:11 pm

nadalfan

PkrBum wrote:Can inspections take place anywhere anytime 24/7?

I'm pretty sure you know the answer, you said you read the agreement...read the article and the reasoning behind why he thinks this is a good deal and see if you agree or disagree with the expert.  He presents various scenarios of what happens if they don't comply with the terms. And while you read keep the alternative in mind

10An astoundingly good deal Empty Re: An astoundingly good deal 7/16/2015, 6:22 pm

nadalfan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Can inspections take place anywhere anytime 24/7?

I'm pretty sure you know the answer, you said you read the agreement...read the article and the reasoning behind why he thinks this is a good deal and see if you agree or disagree with the expert.  He presents various scenarios of what happens if they don't comply with the terms. And while you read keep the alternative in mind

Keep in mind obama touted "anytime/anyplace"... and that contrary to seagoat's assertions there are containments:

The rules for access to suspicious sites can be found in Section Q of the first annex to the agreement. If inspectors have concerns about undeclared sites, they must submit to Iran a request in writing that explains their concerns. Iran may counter with a proposal for “alternative means” of resolving the issue without actually allowing inspectors to inspect anything. If the inspectors and the regime can’t agree to a solution within two weeks, the dispute gets kicked up to a higher level. In other words, Iran has a license to stall for two full weeks whenever it does something suspicious.

After two weeks, the problem gets handed over to the Joint Commission, a new body whose membership and responsibility is defined in Annex IV to the agreement. Basically, the commission has eight members, one for each of the countries who are party to the agreement, plus the EU. A majority of five commission members may “advise” Iran on how to resolve the inspectors’ concerns. The commission has seven days to address the inspectors’ concerns, after which Iran has three days to implement any recommended measures. So, at minimum, Iran will have 24 days to clean up any suspicious sites before inspectors get a first look.

11An astoundingly good deal Empty Re: An astoundingly good deal 7/16/2015, 7:00 pm

2seaoat

Can inspections take place anywhere anytime 24/7?

The answer is a resounding YES.  If they request a site to inspect and the Iranians say no, and they go through the entire process in the agreement, the inspection takes place and the nuclear material if any leaves clear detectable radiation which cannot be masked.  The President and the inspectors have said with certainty once a request is made that they can immediately monitor the site from various sources 24/7, and a violation will be certainly detected.  The illogical Israeli Prime Minister logic comparing the process of inspections to giving the meth dealer notice to dump the drug down the toilet, fails because there is no toilet with nuclear material which is detectable years after storage, and no exit  from the site without 24/7 technology which can track transfers of equipment.   Locked up tight, but the talking points are directed at low IQ folks who think radioactive materials are like meth which you can dump down a toilet.  There most certainly will be 24/7 monitoring and certain inspections which could happen three months after a site was identified and still find a violation.

12An astoundingly good deal Empty Re: An astoundingly good deal 7/16/2015, 7:35 pm

Vikingwoman

knothead wrote:Evidently we have far more nuclear/policy experts here that I ever imagined,
who knew????

Ain't it hilarious!

13An astoundingly good deal Empty Re: An astoundingly good deal 7/16/2015, 7:52 pm

Even a short bus rider can figure it out.

14An astoundingly good deal Empty Re: An astoundingly good deal 7/16/2015, 11:28 pm

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Can inspections take place anywhere anytime 24/7?

The answer is a resounding YES. If they request a site to inspect and the Iranians say no, and they go through the entire process in the agreement, the inspection takes place and the nuclear material if any leaves clear detectable radiation which cannot be masked.  The President and the inspectors have said with certainty once a request is made that they can immediately monitor the site from various sources 24/7, and a violation will be certainly detected.  The illogical Israeli Prime Minister logic comparing the process of inspections to giving the meth dealer notice to dump the drug down the toilet, fails because there is no toilet with nuclear material which is detectable years after storage, and no exit  from the site without 24/7 technology which can track transfers of equipment.   Locked up tight, but the talking points are directed at low IQ folks who think radioactive materials are like meth which you can dump down a toilet.  There most certainly will be 24/7 monitoring and certain inspections which could happen three months after a site was identified and still find a violation.

That's a resounding LIE and you know it.  I know, you have little else to do except stir the pot.

Did not need to read the rest of your word salad. You simply don't want to know the facts.

15An astoundingly good deal Empty Re: An astoundingly good deal 7/16/2015, 11:32 pm

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Demssuck wrote:He is still out of range of the Shahab missiles, for him it's a good deal.

An astoundingly good deal Meme11

Good photo of a typical Progressive.

16An astoundingly good deal Empty Re: An astoundingly good deal 7/16/2015, 11:35 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:That's a resounding LIE and you know it.  I know, you have little else to do except stir the pot.

Did not need to read the rest of your word salad.  You simply don't want to know the facts.

I think you have suffered a major propaganda failure with this deal... Your message fails to resonate.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

17An astoundingly good deal Empty Re: An astoundingly good deal 7/17/2015, 7:19 am

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:That's a resounding LIE and you know it.  I know, you have little else to do except stir the pot.

Did not need to read the rest of your word salad.  You simply don't want to know the facts.

I think you have suffered a major propaganda failure with this deal... Your message fails to resonate.

I thght you were able to read? Listen to what obama said and compare that to the agreement text.

It ain't rocket surgery.

18An astoundingly good deal Empty Re: An astoundingly good deal 7/17/2015, 8:06 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You assholes don't know any more about this deal than I do. You go looking for blogs and half-assed news accounts that tell you what you want to hear, and then you come on here and infect the rest of us with your fucking ignorance.

19An astoundingly good deal Empty Re: An astoundingly good deal 7/17/2015, 8:20 am

Bob wrote:You assholes don't know any more about this deal than I do. You go looking for blogs and half-assed news accounts that tell you what you want to hear, and then you come on here and infect the rest of us with your fucking ignorance.

It doesn't take much effort to hear obama say anytime/anywhere... is that true? You can download the agreement.

See section q: http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/mobile/world/full-text-of-the-iran-nuclear-deal/1651/

20An astoundingly good deal Empty Re: An astoundingly good deal 7/17/2015, 8:27 am

nadalfan

Bob wrote:You assholes don't know any more about this deal than I do.  You go looking for blogs and half-assed news accounts that tell you what you want to hear,  and then you come on here and infect the rest of us with your fucking ignorance.

Of course we don't, that's why I posted this article. It's not based on a politician's opinion. It's based on the opinion of a nuclear proliferation expert (and some other experts). Don't know if you read the article, but he explains in detail why he feels that way.

21An astoundingly good deal Empty Re: An astoundingly good deal 7/17/2015, 9:01 am

nadalfan

And if you're going to chastise and insult those trying to understand and educate themselves on this and other issues, regardless of the sources used, then educate yourself on them and give us the nonpartisan perspective on those issues

22An astoundingly good deal Empty Re: An astoundingly good deal 7/17/2015, 9:07 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

It seems that more often than not, whether it be economic policy, energy policy, climate science, and now nuclear proliferation, what generally happens is that we have experts in those respective field on one side of the argument and right-wing talking heads from the media on the other.

Experts versus media blowhards.

And on this forum, it generally breaks down to educated people who can communicate coherently for more than a sentence and qualify their arguments, versus uneducated people who can only interject "Dems suck!" and "Bad ideas fail".

23An astoundingly good deal Empty Re: An astoundingly good deal 7/17/2015, 9:22 am

boards of FL wrote:It seems that more often than not, whether it be economic policy, energy policy, climate science, and now nuclear proliferation, what generally happens is that we have experts in those respective field on one side of the argument and right-wing talking heads from the media on the other.

Experts versus media blowhards.

And on this forum, it generally breaks down to educated people who can communicate coherently for more than a sentence and qualify their arguments, versus uneducated people who can only interject "Dems suck!" and "Bad ideas fail".  

Do you mean educated like your little buddy in the BOF thread? We all saw how well he can put five words together to construct a sentence. Yes... Very educated and highly intellectual for pea brained monkey.

*****BOARDS IS A MENTALLY CHANLLENGED INTELLECTUAL*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9IfHDi-2EA

Neutral

24An astoundingly good deal Empty Re: An astoundingly good deal 7/17/2015, 9:25 am

I'm glad to see the work Sec. Kerry has done to secure this plan with Iran. I have no comment on whether it will work or not. But I'm glad we're talking peace instead of calling up troops to send into a winless battle.

Give peace a chance. Give up your diehard cause just because you don't care for the party in office. Rise above the banter and agree we need peace. If you can't agree on peace...wow...you might need to reassess life a bit. Constantly looking for the negative to prove a point for "your team" is getting really old. We need to move forward and I want that forward motion to be peaceful.

25An astoundingly good deal Empty Re: An astoundingly good deal 7/17/2015, 9:34 am

SheWrites wrote:I'm glad to see the work Sec. Kerry has done to secure this plan with Iran.  I have no comment on whether it will work or not.  But I'm glad we're talking peace instead of calling up troops to send into a winless battle.

Give peace a chance.  Give up your diehard cause just because you don't care for the party in office.  Rise above the banter and agree we need peace.  If you can't agree on peace...wow...you might need to reassess life a bit.  Constantly looking for the negative to prove a point for "your team"  is getting really old.  We need to move forward and I want that forward motion to be peaceful.  

Peace and cooperation requires respect and understanding from both sides of the aisle.

*****NULL FACE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9IfHDi-2EA

Neutral

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum