Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Semi-retired President writes 46 personal letters this month to felons whose sentences he commuted. NOTHING to the family of Kathryn Steinle...WHY?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Semi-retired President writes 46 personal letters this month to felons whose sentences he commuted. NOTHING to the family of Kathryn Steinle...WHY?

Nearly two weeks after 32-year-old Kathryn Steinle was murdered on San Francisco’s Pier 14 by an illegal alien and convicted felon who was released from prison earlier this year, President Barack Obama has failed to contact the victim’s family or mention her in public. Yet Obama took the time to write (and release) 46 personal letters this month to felons imprisoned for non-violent drug offenses whose sentences he has commuted.

[...]

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/13/obama-writes-personal-letters-to-46-felons-no-contact-with-kathryn-steinles-family/

2seaoat

That is because he is addressing the non violent offenders filling our jails and allowing violent criminals to be released on bail.  We have a six fold increase in the number of people in jail and prison since my senior year in high school (1970).  Her murderer should never have been let out of jail.  However, Joseph Goebbels mastered the propaganda technique of association.  Where every negative thing in society became associated with Jewish folks, and your use of association with President Obama ties him to every negative thing in American society.  However, your low road sophomoric techniques have fortunately not taken with the American Public as the President's popularity grows by the day, as does the number of violent criminals released on bail where there is no room in our jails and prisons because of a failed war on drugs, unfair sentencing, and a bloated criminal justice system.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

First off ... let me say that I am all for the total legalization of domestically produced marijuana in the United States, with minimal regulation (age 21 & over, no additives), and with only normal State/local sales tax imposed.
I am, in fact, an active member of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP) and National Organization for Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML.) Further, before my employment as an LEO and since my retirement I have enjoyed my domestically produced herb whenever it has become available to me.

However ... looking at the lists of Obama commutations of supposed "non-violent drug offenders" (this isn't the first go-round, btw) I find the vast majority are in for distribution and/or production of meth & cocaine. By and large, they are not simple pot-heads, weekend pot-smokers, convicted of simple possession, nor are there many domestic pot farmers on the list (I've only seen one.) Most of these people were distributing cartel imported cocaine and large quantities of cartel marijuana .... or producing/distributing methamphetamine here in the USA. These are Federal convictions ... the Feds don't often lock somebody up for simple possession. They were part of criminal networks that extend all the way back to some very bad people in Mexico, Columbia, and elsewhere. I do not have a lot of sympathy for them except where their sentences exceed 10 years prison time. They were in it for the money and distributing extremely harmful addictive drugs into our communities. Many of them, frankly, are not very nice people. However, twenty-year, forty-year, or life sentences, absent a history of violence are probably excessive in most cases IMO ... even for coke & meth. Absent a violent history, 10 years should be sufficient.

I'd really like to see the case-by-case details of who's getting their sentences commuted; the specifics of the crimes for which they are incarcerated; and their prior criminal histories before their most recent conviction.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:That is because he is addressing the non violent offenders filling our jails and allowing violent criminals to be released on bail.  We have a six fold increase in the number of people in jail and prison since my senior year in high school (1970).  Her murderer should never have been let out of jail.  However, Joseph Goebbels mastered the propaganda technique of association.  Where every negative thing in society became associated with Jewish folks, and your use of association with President Obama ties him to every negative thing in American society.  However, your low road sophomoric techniques have fortunately not taken with the American Public as the President's popularity grows by the day, as does the number of violent criminals released on bail where there is no room in our jails and prisons because of a failed war on drugs, unfair sentencing, and a bloated criminal justice system.

Wow...more and more of your totally irrelevant word salad about a different subject rather than answer the simple question.

NOTHING to the family of Kathryn Steinle...WHY?

Within three days of the death of Freddie Gray, semi-retired President Obama was on TV announcing that he was sending in the FBI and Justice Department to Baltimore.

Michael Brown and Eric Garner were also addressed by President Obama within days.

How is Kathryn Steinle different?

knothead

knothead

[quote="Markle"]
2seaoat wrote:That is because he is addressing the non violent offenders filling our jails and allowing violent criminals to be released on bail.  We have a six fold increase in the number of people in jail and prison since my senior year in high school (1970).  Her murderer should never have been let out of jail.  However, Joseph Goebbels mastered the propaganda technique of association.  Where every negative thing in society became associated with Jewish folks, and your use of association with President Obama ties him to every negative thing in American society.  However, your low road sophomoric techniques have fortunately not taken with the American Public as the President's popularity grows by the day, as does the number of violent criminals released on bail where there is no room in our jails and prisons because of a failed war on drugs, unfair sentencing, and a bloated criminal justice system.

Wow...more and more of your totally irrelevant word salad about a different subject rather than answer the simple question.

NOTHING to the family of Kathryn Steinle...WHY?

Within three days of the death of Freddie Gray, semi-retired President Obama was on TV announcing that he was sending in the FBI and Justice Department to Baltimore.

Michael Brown and Eric Garner were also addressed by President Obama within days.

How is Kathryn Steinle different?

So you want the POTUS to make reference to every homicide every day?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum