Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Here’s what will happen if Iran cheats on the nuclear deal

+4
boards of FL
2seaoat
Markle
nadalfan
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

nadalfan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Not to mention that at the end of that arbitration if no resolution is found it goes to the un security council...

where russia and china will veto the resolution. As they both will be making billions selling conventional weaponry.

you keep posting that, but everything I'm reading says the opposite

from the guardian:
If there are allegations that Iran has not met its obligations, a joint commission will seek to resolve the dispute for 30 days. If that effort fails it would be referred to the UN security council, which would have to vote to continue sanctions relief. A veto by a permanent member would mean that sanctions are reimposed. The whole process would take 65 days.

http://thediplomat.com/2015/07/how-the-iran-deals-snap-back-mechanism-will-keep-tehran-compliant/

Where the United States preserved unique leverage–and immunity from a Russian or Chinese veto against resuming old UN Security Council sanctions–is the next step. If the Security Council doesn’t act in 30 days, all of the pre-JCPOA nuclear-related sanctions on Iran come back into place automatically. Basically, the U.S. and the EU states in the P5+1 can veto ongoing sanctions relief but Russia and China can’t veto a return to the status quo ante. A scenario where Iran is non-compliant with the JCPOA yet escapes the old sanctions simply won’t be possible.

are we talking about different things?

That does word it differently from what I've read... I downloaded the agreement and will go back and read it again.

You're right... I was mistaken in that the snap back provision is as you described for ten years.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

nadalfan wrote:I don't trust the fear mongering, war craving, Bibi worshiping, Obama hate obsessed right wing tools that have proven their foreign policy approach is not in the best interest of this country.  Many even came out against the deal before they even read it.  Politically motivated? nah, couldn't be

Well said!!!!

cheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheers

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:How can you trust semi-retired President Obama when he has been crowned as LIAR OF THE YEAR.  How can you trust Iran when historically they, like North Korea, have NEVER been truthful.

PROPAGANDA FAIL!!!!!!

Here’s what will happen if Iran cheats on the nuclear deal - Page 2 Untitl10

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Demssuck wrote:Nothing will happen when, and they already have, cheated, on the agreement.  Iran watched the song and dance given to Iraq from the first Gulf War to the 2003 invasion. That guarantees Iran almost twelve more years of putting off inspectors, hemming, hawing, using the UN and the IAEA as proxies until they have a smorgasbord of multiple weapons to shoot at the entire world. In the meantime, they will take the just released funds held to further spread hate and discontent with their proxies Hezbollah and Hamas. Oh, and Assad in Syria will now be protected by their soon opened nuclear umbrella. Pandora's Box is now wide open for business. Awesome.

Dear PaceDog/KarlRove..... Your fearmongering is unprecedented in this post!!!

It's written in typical legalese and difficult to parse... I suspect we'll find out much in congress.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum