Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oregon couple ordered to stop talking about their faith !

+2
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.infowars.com/gay-marriage-state-agency-orders-christians-to-stop-talking-about-their-faith/

The couple, Aaron and Melissa Klein, were also ordered to pay $135,000 to the lesbian couple they refused to serve as compensation for “emotional damages.”

Claiming the Kleins violated Oregon’s anti-discriminatory laws, Oregon’s Bureau of Labor and Industries (BOLI) Commissioner Brad Avakian ordered them to “cease and desist” discussing their Christian beliefs because they made the following statements on the Christian Broadcasting Network:

2seaoat

http://m.snopes.com/2015/07/03/sweet-cakes-melissa-damages/

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I would buy a frickin megaphone !......Does anybody even remember the constitution exists ?

2seaoat

I would buy a frickin megaphone !......Does anybody even remember the constitution exists ?

It does exist T, but you are having a hard time understanding what happened here.  I posted the snopes link hoping that would help you with your misunderstanding.  First, the monetary amount was for actual damages to the customers.  Oregon has a law which says you cannot discriminate for sexual preference.

Now If I own a hotel, and I tell somebody of Mexican origin that they cannot stay in the hotel, I could suffer a monetary award for damages to that customer who I turned away in violation of the law.   However, if I continued to turn people away, and post that is what I am going to do, the government would issue a cease and desist order to protect the public from further damages.  I can either comply with the law, and the order, or I can tell them to pound on sand, and at that time the court could find contempt of court, and where this was never a fine, but damages, they have the ability to issue fines for non compliance now......The first amendment ends when your words are acts.  Leave the business, and you can have full first amendment rights to an opinion, but your words cannot project denial of services which had already been found to have happened.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

If their faith tells them to reject other human beings because they're different, then there's probably something wrong with their faith.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2 Corinthians 6:17 (GW) | In Context | Whole Chapter

17 The Lord says, “Get away from unbelievers.
Separate yourselves from them.
Have nothing to do with anything unclean.
Then I will welcome you.”

Vikingwoman

LOL! Really Teo? Unclean?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Vikingwoman wrote:LOL! Really Teo? Unclean?

I didn't write the Bible but it speaks plain words. It doesn't care what anyone alive thinks. It just is. It apologizes for nothing. Hurl whatever hate you have at it, claim it's foolishness. It will be here for as long as men draw breath somewhere. Your frustration will cease with you.....and begin again with someone else like you. Some find comfort others are condemned by it and no matter what a human judge says they stay condemned.

Floridatexan wrote:
If their faith tells them to reject other human beings because they're different, then there's probably something wrong with their faith.

Oregon couple ordered to stop talking about their faith ! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQR7v30BDrKdGjc4lPWGA2aVsxDIyovVeNvnSUOZsweNwpFAvFd

You do it all the time so what's the difference?

*****FART*****
IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e0VvHZMaTs

Smile

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Maybe the bakery should've just took their money then baked 'em one hell of a crappy cake if they didn't want to do business with them.  I'm guessing it was a setup for a lawsuit all along, anyway.  But these Christians are apparently too hardheaded to see that.  Personally, I'm not one to fall on my own sword to prove to someone it has a sharp point. There's more than one way to skin a cat.

In any case, if you ask me homosexuals should take their recent Scotus win and chill for awhile. let the country get used to it .... instead of lording it in people's faces & provoking those who disagree with their lifestyles.   Theyr'e risking a lot of political and judicial blowback in the futurethey won't like if they keep up with these kind of shenanigans.  But they're not gonna do that 'cause they're, by and large, a bunch of attention-whores at heart.

Vikingwoman

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:LOL! Really Teo? Unclean?

I didn't write the Bible but it speaks plain words. It doesn't care what anyone alive thinks. It just is. It apologizes for nothing. Hurl whatever hate you have at it, claim it's foolishness. It will be here for as long as men draw breath somewhere. Your frustration will cease with you.....and begin again with someone else like you. Some find comfort others are condemned by it and no matter what a human judge says they stay condemned.

Well that might be true if God wrote it but he didn't. A bunch of humans wrote based on myths and superstitions in some cases dreams.

I think we are shown in the New Testament how discrimination is dealt with. Teo, do you recall the incident where Peter, a Jew and disciple of Jesus, was shown that his life would be turned upside down regarding Gentiles? Not only were his dietary restrictions changed he would be living and working among them and sharing the Gospel.

We can pinpoint a few words or we can look at the complete picture of salvation.

There is no discrimination.

I think this couple in Oregon, along with the bakery owner in Colorado, have shown no order of hospitality and only discrimination.

How much better would it have been for them to serve these couples?

They are not standing up for the love of Jesus. If they were, they would serve everyone that comes into their business.

Baking a cake and delivering it to a wedding? What's the big deal?

Christians are to live by example of Jesus love. Was this??

polecat

polecat

Oregon couple ordered to stop talking about their faith ! God

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum