Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another Lovely Holiday Weekend in Chicago

+3
Sal
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

2seaoat wrote:The violence fell off the shelf after prohibition. However, I must agree with Markle on one thing.......Public Unions in Chicago have created unfunded pensions which are approaching 20 billion dollars. Rahm who is a Democrat, barely was able to get reelected because he closed about eighty schools which were underutilized, and the Unions in mass turned on him.f

Since I first got a job at Borg Warner in the Mid seventies and lived in Illinois, the public unions kept getting bigger and bigger contracts. My biggest bitch has been police and fire. Since the Bocca codes, smoke detectors, and sprinkling fire deaths have fallen. However, if you try to close a neighborhood fire station, like the schools, the unions complain. Fire and police in Chicago could be cut in half, and the murder rate, and fire deaths would hardly budge. As a nation we need to address the failed fire systems. As a nation we need to address the massive expansion of the criminal justice system and criminalization of individual use of drugs. I remain a strong Republican on State and local issues because no sane person would support these public unions, but no sane person can support the national Republican party which is a shill for the Oligarchy. What we need is the middle road. Reductions in government employment, and common sense policy at the national level which expands the private sector while shrinking public employee.

2seaoat wrote:The teacher unions and incompetent administrations which change curriculum like their underwear is causing a free fall where the teacher in the classroom was the pillar of education only to have the same micro managed politically from the unions and incompetent administrations.  It all adds up.  In 1950 I read Dick and Jane primer.  My wife talked about every four years a new paradigm and curriculum which was confusing for the students as some consultant would come in and convince the teachers that this is the new best thing.....the teachers rolled their eyes and complained for four years until the next best thing and consultant came in with curriculum changes.   It is all profits and politics as book publishing and politics have destroyed our schools.   Small steps.  There are solutions, but in Chicago it starts with standing up to the unions and pensions.

Another Lovely Holiday Weekend in Chicago - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIiwP23yWG9aknCsXVBzHeFCjgIqOkEUvDWvhJ2TkWSmJeZxeMxA

So now you're arguing that progressivism isn't all that it's cut out to be?

I do wish you'd make up your mind.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8fFVOoqepc

Smile

PkrBum wrote:
Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Sal wrote:Ahhh ...

... our random glibertarian internet guy advocates the forfeiture of all civil liberties to a militarized police force for all who have the misfortune of living in areas plagued by crime, and simultaneously in another thread bemoans a fantastical connection between progressives, bigotry and racism.

As fine an example of glibertarian intellectualism as you'll find.

I'm not proposing that solution... but it would be a solution. I'd cut off all assistance including police. The refugees that are truly in need of assistance can seek help and refuge. The criminals and freeloaders can enjoy their utopia.

Ahhh ...

... you just wrote that, you didn't propose it ...

... instead you propose cutting off all assistance including law enforcement to areas plagued by poverty, making the innocent victims refugees from their own neighborhoods, and ceding those areas to zones of lawlessness.

What could go wrong?

We are clearly seeing a truly great libertarian mind at work here.

This is from my response to a solution " If you really want to reduce violent crime"... the counter argument to govt solutions placing restrictions and prohibitions on innocent law abiding citizens. Difficult to follow I'm sure... but it makes practical sense.

As for the lawless zone... that's pretty much what we have now... plenty goes wrong. Look at what's happening in baltimore now that the police have pulled back. The problem has causes... do you want to fix them or not? Cmon step up.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/06/13/us/after-freddie-gray-death-west-baltimores-police-presence-drops-and-murders-soar.html

Another Lovely Holiday Weekend in Chicago - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSthXdehynSt88Fp0cF53NRvUqZcYMVtVPAcg93TjgVENqS0kIq

They don't want solutions Pkr.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEDjF2tLbhk

Smile

Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

This is from my response to a solution " If you really want to reduce violent crime"... the counter argument to govt solutions placing restrictions and prohibitions on innocent law abiding citizens. Difficult to follow I'm sure... but it makes practical sense.

Like all glibertarian proposals, they sound good to dunderheads until the practical implications are illustrated.

As for the lawless zone... that's pretty much what we have now... plenty goes wrong. Look at what's happening in baltimore now that the police have pulled back. The problem has causes... do you want to fix them or not? Cmon step up.

End the War on Drugs.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Another Lovely Holiday Weekend in Chicago - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6s2bWu0zbPmB64vLxLffqOpBZ3eN6VwRcHX_jCDeNd_EOHK3f

So the gangs can move on to simply shaking down the neighborhood for protection from themselves... Yeah that'll solve all the problems.

*****FART*****
IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4uh8AA7XbA

Rolling Eyes

Group sues for more gun controls in Chicago

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0PH2J620150707?irpc=932

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum