This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fall Season of New TV Programs

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Fall Season of New TV Programs on 9/11/2012, 11:04 am

I know this is under movies, but I do not see a TV forum that it fits under. Maybe Boards could make one for us.

Is anybody waiting on the fall season of TV to premier in a couple of weeks?

There is a new show on ABC that from the trailers seems to be right up Teo's alley. It is called Last Resort. It is about a nuclear submarine crew that refuses to fire on our own people and the Captain goes looking for asylum while the US is chasing and trying to kill them.

2 Re: Fall Season of New TV Programs on 1/4/2013, 2:11 pm

Hey, GR. I know this is an old post, but it suited my needs Smile

I don't have cable tv out where I live, so sometimes I watch tv shows on my laptop. I kept seeing reference to the show "Homeland" in the news and finally looked it up and was hooked immediately. In every spare moment I had, I watched all the episodes in both seasons, and I am not a big fan of most shows on tv.

I think it airs on Showtime... ?? Not sure. Yup, here it is:

http://www.sho.com/sho/homeland/home

Can't wait for season three. Patience is not one of my virtues. Wink

3 Re: Fall Season of New TV Programs on 1/12/2013, 2:05 am

Anyone have a clue how much more "Reality TV" they are gonna stick us with?

I saw one preview about fitting bras......seriously?

That's the fall line up?????????????

What has happened to our mentality??????

View user profile

4 Re: Fall Season of New TV Programs on 1/12/2013, 10:45 am

stormwatch89 wrote:Anyone have a clue how much more "Reality TV" they are gonna stick us with?

It has completely left us. I do not watch reality shows, so those are inconsequential to me.

5 Re: Fall Season of New TV Programs on 1/13/2013, 2:14 am

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:Anyone have a clue how much more "Reality TV" they are gonna stick us with?

It has completely left us. I do not watch reality shows, so those are inconsequential to me.

I can truthfully say that I don't either GR and agree as of now it's insignificant......but, but, but.........what about reruns?

I keep thinking in 2016 that's all we're gonna have available!!! Shocked

yup, I'm a planner and worrier. Very Happy

View user profile

6 Re: Fall Season of New TV Programs on 1/13/2013, 10:40 am

stormwatch89 wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

I can truthfully say that I don't either GR and agree as of now it's insignificant......but, but, but.........what about reruns?

Stormy as long as we have reruns of Law and Order:SVU, I will be as happy as a kid in a candy store.

7 Re: Fall Season of New TV Programs on 1/13/2013, 10:54 am

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

Stormy as long as we have reruns of Law and Order:SVU, I will be as happy as a kid in a candy store.

And....Criminal Minds and the mentalist.

Speaking of great television when is the season premiere for Hoarders and Pig Farmers? Rolling Eyes

View user profile

8 Re: Fall Season of New TV Programs on 1/13/2013, 12:59 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

Speaking of great television when is the season premiere for Hoarders and Pig Farmers? Rolling Eyes

My wife watches Hoarders but she doesn't know when the season premier is going to be and neither one of us have ever hears of Pig Farmers.

9 Re: Fall Season of New TV Programs on 1/13/2013, 1:20 pm

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

My wife watches Hoarders but she doesn't know when the season premier is going to be and neither one of us have ever hears of Pig Farmers.

Sorry, it was a joke. I watched hoarders once and it made me sick to my stomach....they found a skelatalized cat in the bathroom.

View user profile

10 Re: Fall Season of New TV Programs on 1/13/2013, 1:29 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

Sorry, it was a joke. I watched hoarders once and it made me sick to my stomach....they found a skelatalized cat in the bathroom.

I kinda figured it was. My wife will watch it and make comments about the grossness of it but still have her eyes glued to it week end and week out. I for the life of me cannot figure out what she sees in that gross show.

11 Re: Fall Season of New TV Programs on 1/17/2013, 5:13 am

I don't watch much tv, but it sounds like we have similar tastes in shows here. You couldn't pay me good money to watch "reality" television. As you may have heard me say a gajillion times, I don't have cable because 99.999% of it is pure crap and I'm just too cheap to pay for it. We actually don't even have cable out where I live, you have to get satellite, and it costs an arm and a leg, plus the service is out whenever there's weather or the wind is blowing, which is pretty much all the time.

But when I do watch tv shows on my laptop, I enjoy NCIS, NCIS-LA, Law & Order-SVU, CSI-New York, The Mentalist (a fun one), Criminal Minds and shows like that. I was really bummed when House was done. Sad Oh, and I love Deadliest Catch, Ax Men, Swamp Loggers and Ice Road Truckers... does that count as "reality"?? I think of reality as Jersey Shore and BS like that.

Oh, another fun one for me is The Good Wife. That's a great show.

Has anyone else here seen Homeland?? SOO GREAT!! Shocked

12 Re: Fall Season of New TV Programs on 1/27/2013, 10:33 pm

I'm just waiting for the second half of season 3 of The Walking Dead to pick back up. That's about the only thing left since they got rid of Last Resort.

13 Re: Fall Season of New TV Programs on 1/28/2013, 8:33 am

Me thinks the plethora of 'Reality' TV programming is a derivative of Hollyweird (or wherever the bottom-feeder that creates this drivel lives) simply running out of ideas.

For years, what did we have? Sitcoms & drama. That's about it. Then this reality crap hit the fan & people are riveted. (Well...sheeple are. People still know that reality is that thing all around us, NOT within the confines of a box.)

Either way...it blows dead gophers & I don't waste a moment of my time....

View user profile

14 Re: Fall Season of New TV Programs on 1/28/2013, 2:53 pm

The Viking wrote:Me thinks the plethora of 'Reality' TV programming is a derivative of Hollyweird (or wherever the bottom-feeder that creates this drivel lives) simply running out of ideas.

For years, what did we have? Sitcoms & drama. That's about it. Then this reality crap hit the fan & people are riveted. (Well...sheeple are. People still know that reality is that thing all around us, NOT within the confines of a box.)

Dammit, don't give them anymore ideas for a reality show. I can't stand them.

View user profile

15 Re: Fall Season of New TV Programs on 1/28/2013, 7:02 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
The Viking wrote:Me thinks the plethora of 'Reality' TV programming is a derivative of Hollyweird (or wherever the bottom-feeder that creates this drivel lives) simply running out of ideas.

Perfect!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Shhh...........that will be on the lineup!

I get one channel that shows only westerns and watch that constantly. Not that the plots are interesting, but surely do enjoy watching the horses, riders and scenery.

Many times, I envy you Riceme!

View user profile

16 Re: Fall Season of New TV Programs on 1/28/2013, 9:33 pm

Either way...it blows dead gophers & I don't waste a moment of my time....[/quote]

Dammit, don't give them anymore ideas for a reality show. I can't stand them.[/quote]

HAHAHAHAH.....now actually I think I'd have to tune in to THAT one!

View user profile

17 Re: Fall Season of New TV Programs on 1/28/2013, 9:39 pm

stormwatch89 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Perfect!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Shhh...........that will be on the lineup!

I get one channel that shows only westerns and watch that constantly. Not that the plots are interesting, but surely do enjoy watching the horses, riders and scenery.

Many times, I envy you Riceme!

Gotta say...I kinda envy your choices even if you don't view most of what comes out of your talkin' devil box...

Here in Saudi, I get soccer, cricket, more soccer, some sort of Korean MTV, MSNBC, and Sky News. Then again, ones intelligence quotient exponentially increases as exposure to American TV decreases. I'm happy to read & improve my tan instead...

View user profile

18 Re: Fall Season of New TV Programs on 1/30/2013, 12:03 am

Amen to that, brother. And I think you were right the first time, the "reality" tv BS originates from Hollyweird.

19 Re: Fall Season of New TV Programs on 1/30/2013, 12:08 am

I recently started watching "Justified" online and am kinda hooked. I'm a sucker for shows about the US Marshal Service, and this one (so far, at least) takes place in Kentucky which is an extra bonus as far as I'm concerned. Filmed in Grass Valley, California... beautiful country. Lots of great characters and scene-stealers. Excellent acting, and although some of the accents could use some work they're better than most of the crap that comes out of Hollyweird.

20 Re: Fall Season of New TV Programs on 1/30/2013, 2:07 am

riceme wrote:

Amen to that, brother. And I think you were right the first time, the "reality" tv BS originates from Hollyweird.

What kills me is how FAKE this reality crap is...

I tried watching one of them; only because my wife's cousin was in it; "Cajun Justice" on A&E about the Terrebonne Parish (Louisiana) Sheriffs Department. The Cajuns hated it for the stereotyping but the dung hit the paddles when they wrecked a $40K cruiser during an admittedly staged event. The old sheriff was recently reelected and the first thing he did was cancel it. Thankfully that was LONG after I stopped watching it...

View user profile

21 Re: Fall Season of New TV Programs on 1/30/2013, 10:26 pm

The Viking wrote:

I tried watching one of them; only because my wife's cousin was in it; "Cajun Justice" on A&E about the Terrebonne Parish (Louisiana) Sheriffs Department. The Cajuns hated it for the stereotyping but the dung hit the paddles when they wrecked a $40K cruiser during an admittedly staged event. The old sheriff was recently reelected and the first thing he did was cancel it. Thankfully that was LONG after I stopped watching it...

Good for the sheriff! I hope they got reimbursed for their cruiser.

Only "reality" show I've ever watched is that American (or Texas?? I don't know) Hoggers show, mostly because we also have a terrible wild boar / hog problem here where I live. Watched a few of them and found it repetitive and boring, and -- as one might expect -- they focused too much on family drama instead of on hoggin'. And I found the fancy gear the young gal was outfitted in to be amusing... no one who works ranches wears that shit unless you're also on the pro rodeo circuit... or on tv, apparently.

I have also watched Swamp Loggers and those shows when I had cable tv, which I actually enjoyed, but the portrayal of the locals as uneducated, dimwitted rednecks really ticked me off. It's like they're put on display like a damned circus sideshow for city people to laugh at, and that isn't right.

22 Re: Fall Season of New TV Programs on 1/31/2013, 2:35 am

riceme wrote:
The Viking wrote:

Good for the sheriff! I hope they got reimbursed for their cruiser.

Only "reality" show I've ever watched is that American (or Texas?? I don't know) Hoggers show, mostly because we also have a terrible wild boar / hog problem here where I live. Watched a few of them and found it repetitive and boring, and -- as one might expect -- they focused too much on family drama instead of on hoggin'. And I found the fancy gear the young gal was outfitted in to be amusing... no one who works ranches wears that shit unless you're also on the pro rodeo circuit... or on tv, apparently.

I have also watched Swamp Loggers and those shows when I had cable tv, which I actually enjoyed, but the portrayal of the locals as uneducated, dimwitted rednecks really ticked me off. It's like they're put on display like a damned circus sideshow for city people to laugh at, and that isn't right.

So...we're agreed?

No more reality TV & we have those that DO watch it, heavily sedated.

That is part of the 'charm' of these shows, I suppose. The portrayal of locals as unwashed philistine/hillbillies with the IQ of a salad bar....

Bloody hell...if I wanted THAT, I could go to Walmart!

Even the city-folk crap (that pawn shop show from Detroit, or the jailbait mom show on MTV, etc) makes the locals seem like idiots. An escapist, tawdry quality to be certain, but one that I can most definitely do without...

Cheers!

View user profile

23 Re: Fall Season of New TV Programs on 2/1/2013, 7:31 pm

The Viking wrote:

So...we're agreed?

No more reality TV & we have those that DO watch it, heavily sedated.

That is part of the 'charm' of these shows, I suppose. The portrayal of locals as unwashed philistine/hillbillies with the IQ of a salad bar....

Bloody hell...if I wanted THAT, I could go to Walmart!

Even the city-folk crap (that pawn shop show from Detroit, or the jailbait mom show on MTV, etc) makes the locals seem like idiots. An escapist, tawdry quality to be certain, but one that I can most definitely do without...

Cheers!

Yeah, I think that at least those of us posting here are agreed. "Reality" tv sucks. The worst part of it to me (from the limited "reality" tv that I have seen) is the Hollywood portrayal of the locals as being ignorant hillbillies and rednecks. They undoubtedly edit to accomplish that task, not to mention, such as in the case of Swamp Loggers, which I'm not even really sure is reality tv (ehh, I suppose it is in some regard), the viewer never gets ANY sort of an idea of how difficult it is to operate the equipment shown in the program. My dad was a heavy equipment operator for 37-years for the county fire department... NONE of that equipment is easy to operate, (hell, it isn't easy to fell a tree!), aside from logging being an extremely dangerous industry in general, when you get into extreme territory like that, it just adds to the danger one-hundredfold. Half my family were loggers, and one of my uncles was crushed by a loader and a skidder (lived through both) just because of the nature of the industry and where they logged.

I've stated many times and will take this opportunity to state it again: there are many different types of intelligence, not a fraction of them all can be hung on a wall in the form of a fancy degree from a university. It takes ALL of them to make this world go 'round, and not a one of them is more important than another.

24 Re: Fall Season of New TV Programs on 2/2/2013, 2:14 am

Okay, so INQUIRY:

Do those programs like Ax Men, Ice Road Truckers, Swamp Loggers, Deadliest Catch, Bering Sea Gold, &c qualify as "Reality TV"??

To me, they are a different brand of "reality"... probably most differentiated by the channels on which they are aired, such as Discovery, Learning Channel, &c., not sure.

When I had cable for a year, I religiously watched Deadliest Catch, frequently watched Ax Men, watched Swamp Loggers on DVR (I hated that father/son team, what is it, S&S Logging?? because the dad is such an abusive jackhole and he made me violently angry, and typically FFwd'd through those segments), and caught Ice Road Truckers as often as I could (mostly because I've dealt with heavy haul for my entire career). Bering Sea Gold wasn't on at the time so far as I know.

I think of true "Reality TV" as all the dummass Khardashian shows, Jersey Shore, and crappola like that.

What say you all?

25 Re: Fall Season of New TV Programs on 2/4/2013, 10:23 pm

Sedition wrote:I'm just waiting for the second half of season 3 of The Walking Dead to pick back up. That's about the only thing left since they got rid of Last Resort.

This is my fav and about the only series I watch. Now the brothers are going to fight it out next Sunday? This is really a great series.

Also when is the next Hannibal lechter coming out? Is Hannibal really one handed now and is Clarice reinstated? I'm hooked on this series!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum