Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Confederate Flag

+5
Wordslinger
KarlRove
Floridatexan
2seaoat
dumpcare
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Confederate Flag Empty Confederate Flag 6/26/2015, 9:35 pm

dumpcare

You know I don't much give a damn whether or not the flag fly's, but over on FB there certainly is going to end up being either a civil or race war before the weekend is over or down at the graffiti bridge where they are painting confederate flag at this moment.

This forum can't ever hold a stick to the hateful comments on wear and pnj fb pages.

I am starting to agree with the one's that want it gone after most of the hateful  comments that it does stand for hate. I always thought it was history myself. No one said you  could not fly the confederate flag, they have only taken them down at govt buildings and not all of them.

I don't remember Obama ordering them down or banning them but yes as always the hateful in this town are spreading this rumor. This whole thing is disgusting.

One thread that warns about terrorist's attacks on the 4th a few are calling to take up arms hear in Pensacola to start their own war here.

I can't believe they have the balls and their workplace listed. I hope that one in particular that works for Escambia county is fired Monday morning.

2Confederate Flag Empty Re: Confederate Flag 6/26/2015, 9:45 pm

2seaoat

My family fought for the confederacy, they shamefully blamed outside agitators for the bombing of four little girls in a church, and if it was 1960 they would be as hateful as any.....but that time has passed and they are all Auburn fans to the last one......buried near Bear Bryant.....and with time and the GRACE of God all things will pass.   Flying the confederate flag in 2015 is making a statement which is not about heritage......the vice president of the confederacy needed no dog whistles to tell it straight....it is the belief that the white man is better than the black man.

3Confederate Flag Empty Re: Confederate Flag 6/26/2015, 9:50 pm

dumpcare

Whether it's bad or good it is history it seems that the people standing behind it want to call it heritage, but you could not convince me anymore of that after spending an hour reading comments. Nope it's about hate.

Must add depending on which thread you read (there are a few and on pnj) there are some on the other side just as hateful.

4Confederate Flag Empty Re: Confederate Flag 6/26/2015, 10:05 pm

2seaoat

Hate, fear, and prejudice simply need truth and the bright light of righteous people who take on evil........teach your children well.....

5Confederate Flag Empty Re: Confederate Flag 6/26/2015, 10:24 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The flag that everyone associates with this is a flag that was brought back to reinforce the racist viewpoints of some politicians in the 1960's, who still couldn't accept the fact that their racist days were over.

6Confederate Flag Empty Re: Confederate Flag 6/27/2015, 12:21 am

KarlRove

KarlRove

Sitting in a circle hitting off the pity party bong I see.

7Confederate Flag Empty Re: Confederate Flag 6/27/2015, 7:22 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:Sitting in a circle hitting off the pity party bong I see.

Why not? Indoors is the right place to be, what with so many hardcore Christian fundamentalist conservatives leaping off tall buildings .... LOL

8Confederate Flag Empty Re: Confederate Flag 6/27/2015, 4:45 pm

dumpcare

I just came under the bridge a few people out there today getting ready to paint over "WELCOME TO PENSACOLA 2015 BIGOT"

Understand it's been painted several times since last night.

Someone posted on weartv that the someone in the confederate flag group supposedly was arrested for assaulting a priest. No way to know if that is fact.

I guess the fun is beginning for today.

9Confederate Flag Empty Re: Confederate Flag 6/27/2015, 4:47 pm

dumpcare

Never did a bong, when several of us in the military smoked together rolled up a big and I mean big fat rat. Sometimes out from a double sided page newspaper.Those were the good old days.

10Confederate Flag Empty Re: Confederate Flag 6/27/2015, 4:47 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca (or anybody),

Which facebook page is it so we can all see it?

11Confederate Flag Empty Re: Confederate Flag 6/27/2015, 4:50 pm

dumpcare

2seaoat wrote:My family fought for the confederacy, they shamefully blamed outside agitators for the bombing of four little girls in a church, and if it was 1960 they would be as hateful as any.....but that time has passed and they are all Auburn fans to the last one......buried near Bear Bryant.....and with time and the GRACE of God all things will pass.   Flying the confederate flag in 2015 is making a statement which is not about heritage......the vice president of the confederacy needed no dog whistles to tell it straight....it is the belief that the white man is better than the black man.

http://history-world.org/confederate_states_of_america.htm

he Confederate States of America was also called the CONFEDERACY and during the American Civil War, composed the government of 11 Southern states that seceded from the Union in 1860-61, carrying on all the affairs of a separate government and conducting a major war until defeated in the spring of 1865.Convinced that their way of life, based on slavery, was irretrievably threatened by the election of President Abraham Lincoln (November 1860), the seven states of the Deep South (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, and Texas) seceded from the Union during the following months. When the war began with the firing on Fort Sumter (April 12, 1861), they were joined by four states of the upper South (Arkansas, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia).
A permanent government at Richmond, Va., replaced a provisional government, established in February 1861 at Montgomery, Alabama, a year later. President Jefferson Davis and Vice President Alexander H. Stephens headed the Confederacy, operating under a structure similar to that of the United States. The new nation soon acquired other symbols of sovereignty, such as its own stamps and a flag known as the Stars and Bars.

The main concern of the Confederate States was raising and equipping an army. The Southern Congress first voted to permit direct volunteering up to 400,000, but conscription was begun in April 1862. The total number of Confederate soldiers is estimated at 750,000, as opposed to twice that many Federal troops. (Confederate population stood at about 5,500,000 whites and 3,500,000 black slaves, as against 22,000,000 Northerners.) In railroads, the South had only 9,000 miles, the industrial North 22,000.The Confederacy's early attempts to raise funds centered on printing money, which proved highly inflationary, and issuing bonds that could be paid for in kind. Because of the Federal blockade of Southern ports, tariff revenues proved inadequate. In 1863 a general tax bill was passed, imposing license and occupational taxes, a profits tax, and a 10 percent tax on farm products, collected in kind. Profitable private blockade running was put under strict supervision in 1864. Prices of farm products for the army were eventually fixed to check profiteering.

In foreign affairs, the South had been initially confident of the power and influence of "King Cotton", the crop that accounted for more than half the value of U.S. exports before the war. Confederates felt that the importance of cotton would force diplomatic recognition from the Federal government and European countries. Neither the commissioners sent abroad in 1861 nor the permanent envoys that replaced them were able to secure recognition from Great Britain, France, or any other European power. The South was able, however, to buy considerable war materiel and several fast ships that destroyed much Federal shipping on the high seas.

President Davis took an active part in dictating military policy and major strategy, but the great leader on the battlefield was Gen. Robert E. Lee. Heartened by a series of military victories in the first two years of fighting, the Confederacy was convinced of its ultimate success. But disillusionment set in with almost simultaneous Federal victories at Gettysburg and Vicksburg (July 1863). Not even the brilliant tactics of Lee in the East or of General Joseph E. Johnston in the West could indefinitely hold off the stronger Northern armies. After Lee surrendered his dwindling, half-starved army at Appomattox, Va., on April 9, 1865, the Confederacy soon collapsed.

BTW oat I have ancestor's that fought for both sides.

12Confederate Flag Empty Re: Confederate Flag 6/27/2015, 4:53 pm

dumpcare

Bob wrote:ppaca (or anybody),

Bob, weartv has a FB page with news and so does pensacola new journal, you will have to scroll down since their are a few threads in each and hundred's of posts that started last night and continue today.

When on FB up in the left you can type in weartv, then drop down box and click on weartv and their page will come up. Do the same by typing in pensacola news journal.

Will take you all night to read. I have given up for now.

13Confederate Flag Empty Re: Confederate Flag 6/27/2015, 4:54 pm

dumpcare

ppaca wrote:
2seaoat wrote:My family fought for the confederacy, they shamefully blamed outside agitators for the bombing of four little girls in a church, and if it was 1960 they would be as hateful as any.....but that time has passed and they are all Auburn fans to the last one......buried near Bear Bryant.....and with time and the GRACE of God all things will pass.   Flying the confederate flag in 2015 is making a statement which is not about heritage......the vice president of the confederacy needed no dog whistles to tell it straight....it is the belief that the white man is better than the black man.

http://history-world.org/confederate_states_of_america.htm

he Confederate States of America was also called the CONFEDERACY and during the American Civil War, composed the government of 11 Southern states that seceded from the Union in 1860-61, carrying on all the affairs of a separate government and conducting a major war until defeated in the spring of 1865.Convinced that their way of life, based on slavery, was irretrievably threatened by the election of President Abraham Lincoln (November 1860), the seven states of the Deep South (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, and Texas) seceded from the Union during the following months. When the war began with the firing on Fort Sumter (April 12, 1861), they were joined by four states of the upper South (Arkansas, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia).
A permanent government at Richmond, Va., replaced a provisional government, established in February 1861 at Montgomery, Alabama, a year later. President Jefferson Davis and Vice President Alexander H. Stephens headed the Confederacy, operating under a structure similar to that of the United States. The new nation soon acquired other symbols of sovereignty, such as its own stamps and a flag known as the Stars and Bars.

The main concern of the Confederate States was raising and equipping an army. The Southern Congress first voted to permit direct volunteering up to 400,000, but conscription was begun in April 1862. The total number of Confederate soldiers is estimated at 750,000, as opposed to twice that many Federal troops. (Confederate population stood at about 5,500,000 whites and 3,500,000 black slaves, as against 22,000,000 Northerners.) In railroads, the South had only 9,000 miles, the industrial North 22,000.The Confederacy's early attempts to raise funds centered on printing money, which proved highly inflationary, and issuing bonds that could be paid for in kind. Because of the Federal blockade of Southern ports, tariff revenues proved inadequate. In 1863 a general tax bill was passed, imposing license and occupational taxes, a profits tax, and a 10 percent tax on farm products, collected in kind. Profitable private blockade running was put under strict supervision in 1864. Prices of farm products for the army were eventually fixed to check profiteering.

In foreign affairs, the South had been initially confident of the power and influence of "King Cotton", the crop that accounted for more than half the value of U.S. exports before the war. Confederates felt that the importance of cotton would force diplomatic recognition from the Federal government and European countries. Neither the commissioners sent abroad in 1861 nor the permanent envoys that replaced them were able to secure recognition from Great Britain, France, or any other European power. The South was able, however, to buy considerable war materiel and several fast ships that destroyed much Federal shipping on the high seas.

President Davis took an active part in dictating military policy and major strategy, but the great leader on the battlefield was Gen. Robert E. Lee. Heartened by a series of military victories in the first two years of fighting, the Confederacy was convinced of its ultimate success. But disillusionment set in with almost simultaneous Federal victories at Gettysburg and Vicksburg (July 1863). Not even the brilliant tactics of Lee in the East or of General Joseph E. Johnston in the West could indefinitely hold off the stronger Northern armies. After Lee surrendered his dwindling, half-starved army at Appomattox, Va., on April 9, 1865, the Confederacy soon collapsed.

BTW oat I have ancestor's that fought for both sides.

You will need to click the link to continue reading the history.

14Confederate Flag Empty Re: Confederate Flag 6/27/2015, 4:58 pm

dumpcare

Bob, I just copied and pasted the link here, but when I tested it the page came up alright but had my name at the top since it was coming from page.

If you don't have a FB account set one up, only takes a few.

15Confederate Flag Empty Re: Confederate Flag 6/27/2015, 5:03 pm

dumpcare

pnj marlette:

http://www.pnj.com/story/opinion/2015/06/27/marlette-confederate-flag-flap/29390557/

16Confederate Flag Empty Re: Confederate Flag 6/27/2015, 5:07 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:
Bob wrote:ppaca (or anybody),

Bob, weartv has a FB page with news and so does pensacola new journal, you will have to scroll down since their are a few threads in each and hundred's of posts that started last night and continue today.

When on FB up in the left you can type in weartv, then drop down box and click on weartv and their page will come up. Do the same by typing in pensacola news journal.

Will take you all night to read. I have given up for now.

Thanks. I have to be away from the computer for a bit but when I get back I'll sure take a look.

17Confederate Flag Empty Re: Confederate Flag 6/27/2015, 5:41 pm

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:

Why not?  Indoors is the right place to be, what with so many hardcore Christian fundamentalist conservatives leaping off tall buildings ....  LOL

I don't see anyone leaping off of tall, or short buildings for that matter.

I do believe that the result of these recent decisions is going to have some unintended consequences for Progressives celebrating today.

In my opinion, they are going to have effect of coalescing Independents, Libertarians, Republicans and Conservatives for some years to come.

18Confederate Flag Empty Re: Confederate Flag 6/27/2015, 5:56 pm

2seaoat

In my opinion, they are going to have effect of coalescing Independents, Libertarians, Republicans and Conservatives for some years to come.

I have seen a similar coalescing when they throw out grease which has outlived its useful purpose......stinky, nasty coalescing grease, mostly caught by grease traps and sold to recyclers to make the worthless into something again......in this case it may be just too rank to recycle.....that compassionate conservatism and bloated deficits while cutting revenues is real hard to recycle....

19Confederate Flag Empty Re: Confederate Flag 6/27/2015, 7:22 pm

dumpcare

Damn, I find myself agreeing with Markle. Could mean disaster especially for insurance purposes, we have already gone over a few scenario's at work yesterday.

One:  marriage creates special enrollment, spouse want to add new spouse that is receiving subsidy but must add in their income, well income addition = close or over 400% FPL = both paying full price which will not be affordable.

Or the new married spouse says I will go on my new spouses group which he pays next to nothing for, to add a spouse raises it to $700 per month.

I can see someone wanting to live with someone and be forever, but does the tax benefit or social security benefit outweigh what could have been put in a last will and testament? Really from I've read isn't this really about the benefit's?

Whoops wrong thread and I'm not drinking or smoking.

20Confederate Flag Empty Re: Confederate Flag 6/27/2015, 9:56 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

I guess the good citizens of Pensacola will be paying for new police badges soon.

Confederate Flag FL_-_Pensacola_Police_Badge

21Confederate Flag Empty Re: Confederate Flag 6/28/2015, 12:30 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

EmeraldGhost wrote:I guess the good citizens of Pensacola will be paying for new police badges soon.

Confederate Flag FL_-_Pensacola_Police_Badge

It's about time!

22Confederate Flag Empty Re: Confederate Flag 6/28/2015, 1:23 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Confederate Flag 1486618_672543322805800_1380187582_n

23Confederate Flag Empty Re: Confederate Flag 6/28/2015, 1:29 am

KarlRove

KarlRove

Confederate Flag 261222_10150288164501413_5856954_n

24Confederate Flag Empty Re: Confederate Flag 6/28/2015, 1:32 am

KarlRove

KarlRove

Confederate Flag Flag-13066345977

25Confederate Flag Empty Re: Confederate Flag 6/28/2015, 7:54 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Why not?  Indoors is the right place to be, what with so many hardcore Christian fundamentalist conservatives leaping off tall buildings ....  LOL

I don't see anyone leaping off of tall, or short buildings for that matter.

I do believe that the result of these recent decisions is going to have some unintended consequences for Progressives celebrating today.

Who gives a shit?  If all the racial and religious bigots got together it still wouldn't equal the Latino vote -- alone.  I know that when your coalesced bunch gets together you'll be right there selling Nazi regalia.   LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum