Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Neil Young 1 - Alabama 0

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Neil Young 1 - Alabama 0 Empty Neil Young 1 - Alabama 0 6/24/2015, 2:19 pm

Sal

Sal

On the order of Gov. Robert Bentley, the Confederate battle flag which stands at the foot of the confederate memorial on the state Capitol grounds was taken down this morning.

Two workers came out of the Capitol building about 8:20 a.m. and with no fanfare quickly and quietly took the flag down. They declined to answer questions.

Moments later Gov. Bentley emerged from the Capitol on his way to an appearance in Hackleburg. Asked if he had ordered the flag taken down, the governor said, "Yes I did."

Asked his reasons for taking it down and if it included what happened in Charleston last week, the governor said, "Yes, partially this is about that. This is the right thing to do. We are facing some major issues in this state regarding the budget and other matters that we need to deal with. This had the potential to become a major distraction as we go forward. I have taxes to raise, we have work to do. And it was my decision that the flag needed to come down."

Bentley said before he made the final decision he checked to see if there were any impediments in the law or state policy that would prevent him from taking down the flag and found none, so he acted.

After the battle flag – which is at the center of the controversy – was gone, workers began removing three other Civil War era flags.

They are the First National Confederate Flag, commonly preferred to as the "Stars and Bars;" the second flag is the Second National Confederate Flag, more commonly known as the "Stainless Banner;" and the last flag standing is the Third National Confederate Flag.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/06/confederate_flag_removed_from.html

2Neil Young 1 - Alabama 0 Empty Re: Neil Young 1 - Alabama 0 6/24/2015, 2:28 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well looks like the Yankees finally won the war......

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum