Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Paul Ryan (at this point) won't offer any details about tax policy, wants to discuss them in the light of day: AKA AFTER the election!

+2
knothead
othershoe1030
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Brit Hume of Fox news questions Ryan about which deductions the R/R ticket would cut, can't pin him down. With the thousands of pages that make up the current tax code, what do they come up with as ideas for "closing loopholes" but the mortgage interest deduction and possibly charitable deductions? How about getting rid of tax expenditures like the subsidies to the oil companies? Of course we don't know what they're thinking because on this Monday, (stay tuned for a different position any minute now) they don't want to share details. Reminds me of Nixon's secret plan to end the war.

"That is something that we think we should do in the light of day, through Congress," Ryan told Hume, promising to "have a process for tax reform so that we do this in the front of the public. So no, the point I'm trying to say is, we want feedback from Americans about what priorities in the tax code should be kept, and what special interest loopholes we want to get rid of."

One of the "loopholes" that costs the IRS the most money is the mortgage interest deduction. Another relates to municipal bonds. Hume asked Ryan if either would be on the chopping block. Ryan refused to say.

The mortgage deduction is enjoyed by millions of homeowners and is the primary policy by which the government encourages homeownership. Taxing municipal bond interest would drive up the cost of borrowing for local governments substantially.

Ryan's refusal to lay out the ticket's tax plan is in line with Romney's earlier resistance to specify which programs, beyond funding for Planned Parenthood, he'd be willing to cut. During his failed Senate bid in 1994, Romney was open about programs he'd be willing to cut, and faced a backlash. He has cited that negative experience in explaining why he now won't tell voters what spending he plans to eliminate.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/14/paul-ryan-taxes_n_1777353.html

knothead

knothead

othershoe1030 wrote:Brit Hume of Fox news questions Ryan about which deductions the R/R ticket would cut, can't pin him down. With the thousands of pages that make up the current tax code, what do they come up with as ideas for "closing loopholes" but the mortgage interest deduction and possibly charitable deductions? How about getting rid of tax expenditures like the subsidies to the oil companies? Of course we don't know what they're thinking because on this Monday, (stay tuned for a different position any minute now) they don't want to share details. Reminds me of Nixon's secret plan to end the war.

"That is something that we think we should do in the light of day, through Congress," Ryan told Hume, promising to "have a process for tax reform so that we do this in the front of the public. So no, the point I'm trying to say is, we want feedback from Americans about what priorities in the tax code should be kept, and what special interest loopholes we want to get rid of."

One of the "loopholes" that costs the IRS the most money is the mortgage interest deduction. Another relates to municipal bonds. Hume asked Ryan if either would be on the chopping block. Ryan refused to say.

The mortgage deduction is enjoyed by millions of homeowners and is the primary policy by which the government encourages homeownership. Taxing municipal bond interest would drive up the cost of borrowing for local governments substantially.

Ryan's refusal to lay out the ticket's tax plan is in line with Romney's earlier resistance to specify which programs, beyond funding for Planned Parenthood, he'd be willing to cut. During his failed Senate bid in 1994, Romney was open about programs he'd be willing to cut, and faced a backlash. He has cited that negative experience in explaining why he now won't tell voters what spending he plans to eliminate.

Thanks for posting . . . these two are almost like Abbott and Costello. Who's on first?

And of course missing from this obviously partisan thread is any mention of "No Budget Obama" and his evasiveness at the DNC:

From the Wall Street Journal:

"In Charlotte, N.C., last week, Mr. Obama said he was eager to reach a deficit-cutting deal "based on the principles of my bipartisan debt commission"—the one whose findings his administration flatly ignored.

Gone from his acceptance speech was any mention of the most important long-run step he has offered toward deficit reduction, which was his professed willingness, in negotiations with congressional leaders, to rein in the Medicare and Social Security programs. Instead, he offered a vague promise to reduce the cost of Medicare by "reducing the cost of health care."

Move along, nothing to see here folks.

2seaoat

morning joe, the wall street journal, laura Ingalls.....on and on.........people just do not understand why you cannot lay out a specific plan and be proud of the same. People are rightly saying we should start over with the Republican Party. The party has been hijacked by special interests and an Oligarchy which has become so confident that the American people are stupid......that they do not even offer specifics anymore.....they think we are robots......they are wrong. Republicans who think that fiscal conservative policies can be defended, but this new Republican party cannot be defended......and yes Romney is evil.....pure and simple evil. He will lose.....the President will mistakenly think he has been given a mandate, and more mistakes will be made.....how did we get here?

2seaoat wrote:morning joe, the wall street journal, laura Ingalls.....on and on.........people just do not understand why you cannot lay out a specific plan and be proud of the same. People are rightly saying we should start over with the Republican Party. The party has been hijacked by special interests and an Oligarchy which has become so confident that the American people are stupid......that they do not even offer specifics anymore.....they think we are robots......they are wrong. Republicans who think that fiscal conservative policies can be defended, but this new Republican party cannot be defended......and yes Romney is evil.....pure and simple evil. He will lose.....the President will mistakenly think he has been given a mandate, and more mistakes will be made.....how did we get here?

Just out of idle curiosity why do you think Romney is "evil"? Because he is wealthy, a Morman, a politician or all of those things?

2seaoat

None of the above. He destroyed a man who brought America the contract with America which lead to balanced budgets and prosperity. He used the best nazi propoganda tools to destroy a man who actually knows what he is doing....has worked with compromise......who is not bought and paid for by the oligarchy. This man destroyed American jobs. This man cannot stand for anything when he changes his positions constantly. He is one big lie. He gets up and is a leader in a counter Viet Nam protest, and then when his student deferment is up and he would be drafted, he runs to France for three years........He talks about bringing jobs to America, yet he takes his wealth off shore, and avoids tax laws by doing the impossible......creating over 100 million in an exempt fund....impossible.....and he represents the new British loyalist who will forsake their nation, our citizens, for their worship of wealth which has no patriotism, no loyalty, and they continue the big lie that somehow raping America is good for America. No, not in my lifetime has their been a more evil person running for President. I voted and campaigned for Richard Nixon, and listened to people call him evil.....but Richard Nixon was a good American first and foremost, he worked for America......Mitt Romney is a traitor.....he works for a few and himself, and he is simply evil, and I have neither lost my mind or stopped being a republican.....I am not duped or brainwashed....I can still think.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Seaoat, I think you've missed the forest. Romney isn't evil because he took down Newt; he's evil because he's an extractionist, not a capitalist. He feeds off the efforts of others.

Now please see the thread on Phil Gramm, Romney/Ryan's fellow vulture.

2seaoat wrote:None of the above. He destroyed a man who brought America the contract with America which lead to balanced budgets and prosperity. He used the best nazi propoganda tools to destroy a man who actually knows what he is doing....has worked with compromise......who is not bought and paid for by the oligarchy. This man destroyed American jobs. This man cannot stand for anything when he changes his positions constantly. He is one big lie. He gets up and is a leader in a counter Viet Nam protest, and then when his student deferment is up and he would be drafted, he runs to France for three years........He talks about bringing jobs to America, yet he takes his wealth off shore, and avoids tax laws by doing the impossible......creating over 100 million in an exempt fund....impossible.....and he represents the new British loyalist who will forsake their nation, our citizens, for their worship of wealth which has no patriotism, no loyalty, and they continue the big lie that somehow raping America is good for America. No, not in my lifetime has their been a more evil person running for President. I voted and campaigned for Richard Nixon, and listened to people call him evil.....but Richard Nixon was a good American first and foremost, he worked for America......Mitt Romney is a traitor.....he works for a few and himself, and he is simply evil, and I have neither lost my mind or stopped being a republican.....I am not duped or brainwashed....I can still think.

You need to get off that Newt Gingrich dog trail.Newt destroyed himself. He would never have won. He was too disliked by the American people and corrupt himself. Nixon was corrupt too and got caught. How can you call him a good American after what he did?

This kind of reminds me of Obamacare, we have to pass it to see whats in it. Thought you liberals liked that kind of logic.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
Seaoat, I think you've missed the forest. Romney isn't evil because he took down Newt; he's evil because he's an extractionist, not a capitalist. He feeds off the efforts of others.

Now please see the thread on Phil Gramm, Romney/Ryan's fellow vulture.

Is that what the call someone who created and grew so many successful companies? You know, like Pesident Barack Hussein Obama organized ACORN.

As you know, former Governor Mitt Romney and Bain Capital were successful in turning 80% of the companies in dire financial straits they bought. Those companies sought out Bain for help. Gov. Romney also left Bain in 1999 in order to rescue the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City Utah.

How many companies did President Barack Hussein Obama CLOSE just in the auto industry? Over a thousand of privately owned car dealerships along with all their employees. Hummer, Pontiac, Saturn. Who owns Chrysler so how is that an American car company?

For a list of CLOSED dealerships. (Over 100 in Florida alone)
http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/gm-dealerships-closing.html#FL

As for Bain, are all these jobs overseas? When you order a Domino’s Pizza, does it come by Federal Express?

The firm was founded in 1984 by partners from the consulting firm Bain & Company. Since inception it has invested in or acquired hundreds of companies including such notable companies as AMC Entertainment, Aspen Education Group, Brookstone, Burger King, Burlington Coat Factory, Clear Channel Communications, Domino's Pizza, Double Click, Dunkin' Donuts, D&M Holdings, Guitar Center, Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), Sealy, The Sports Authority, Staples, Toys "R" Us, Warner Music Group and The Weather Channel.

11Paul Ryan (at this point) won't offer any details about tax policy, wants to discuss them in the light of day: AKA AFTER the election! Empty Newt?? Are you kidding me?? 9/12/2012, 1:35 am

RealLindaL

Dreamsglore wrote:You need to get off that Newt Gingrich dog trail.Newt destroyed himself. He would never have won. He was too disliked by the American people and corrupt himself. Nixon was corrupt too and got caught. How can you call him a good American after what he did?

Totally agree with Dreams here, Seaoat. It continues to amaze me that you have such a thing for Gingrich. The man is a misguided nut at best, reprehensible at worst, and I'm surprised your intelligence can't see through him.

Not that I don't agree that Romney is a snake in the grass. Wouldn't trust him farther than I could throw him.

Mr Seaoats hates Romney because he is wealthy and is not from Alabama.

othershoe1030 wrote:Brit Hume of Fox news questions Ryan about which deductions the R/R ticket would cut, can't pin him down. With the thousands of pages that make up the current tax code, what do they come up with as ideas for "closing loopholes" but the mortgage interest deduction and possibly charitable deductions? How about getting rid of tax expenditures like the subsidies to the oil companies? Of course we don't know what they're thinking because on this Monday, (stay tuned for a different position any minute now) they don't want to share details. Reminds me of Nixon's secret plan to end the war.

Would that be analogous to Pelosi saying, "we have to pass the bill to find out what is in it?"

hallmarkgrad wrote:Mr Seaoats hates Romney because he is wealthy and is not from Alabama.

....and because his womanizing, nonethical, lying candidate got run out of the race.....(Newt)

RealLindaL wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:You need to get off that Newt Gingrich dog trail.Newt destroyed himself. He would never have won. He was too disliked by the American people and corrupt himself. Nixon was corrupt too and got caught. How can you call him a good American after what he did?

Totally agree with Dreams here, Seaoat. It continues to amaze me that you have such a thing for Gingrich. The man is a misguided nut at best, reprehensible at worst, and I'm surprised your intelligence can't see through him.

Not that I don't agree that Romney is a snake in the grass. Wouldn't trust him farther than I could throw him.

The Speaker of the House who resigned when it was found out that he was getting ready to be impeached and run out of town. More ethics charges against him than any other Speaker in the history of the United States. Maybe Seaoat has the same character flaws?

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Would that be analogous to Pelosi saying, "we have to pass the bill to find out what is in it?"

No. It would be analogous to Nixon's secret plan to end the Vietnam War.

othershoe1030 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

wow, you are ignorant of ignorant statements by people in your own party

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

wow, you are ignorant of ignorant statements by people in your own party
This is exactly parallel to what Nixon said when he was running for president. He claimed to have a secret plan to end the war in vietnam but would not reveal any details for fear that the current administration would think they were so terrific, would use them themselves and end the war before tricky dick got into office to put his plan into play himself.
How is that different from Ryan saying he has all these plans to fix the fiscal problems of the country but is reluctant to share them before he gets into office.
Both candidates were saying, elect me and then I'll tell you what I want to do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum