Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Somebody don't like Ted Cruz...

+4
Markle
Hospital Bob
Floridatexan
TEOTWAWKI
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

gatorfan

PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
I'm not disgusted by it.  It's a photo.  It was taken at a shooting range where Cruz pandered to the gun culture.  It was after the Charleston shooting.  It was also right after this, which happened at another shooting range in Texas:

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/2015/06/15/grandfather-kills-grandson-in-hunting-accident/71267698/

Sheriff: Man shoots grandson in fatal hunting accident

(Grandpa was releasing birds from captivity en masse and shooting them, and his 9-year-old grandson had for some reason left the hunting blind and wound up in the path of grandpa's gun...an "accident".)

You must not have seen this news. It's interesting tho... there seems to be no mention of race.

http://wgntv.com/2015/05/26/56-shot-12-killed-in-violent-memorial-day-weekend-in-chicago/

CHICAGO — At least 56 people were shot over Memorial Day weekend between Friday afternoon and early Tuesday morning, according to authorities.

Twelve people, including three shot Monday afternoon, died from their wounds. Twelve others shot between late Monday morning and early Tuesday morning survived their gunshot wounds, bringing the total of non-fatal gunshot victims for the weekend to 44.

Two of the 12 homicide victims were killed Friday night into Saturday morning; our were killed Saturday afternoon into Sunday morning; and three of the victims were killed Sunday night.

The latest killing happened in the 4900 block of West Erie Street in the Austin neighborhood. A 17-year-old boy was shot in the back and leg about 7:50 p.m. and was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in serious condition, Chicago Police spokesman Officer Thomas Sweeney said. He was later pronounced dead.

Shortly before 5:30 p.m. Monday, a 19-year-old man was fatally shot on the first block of East 36th Place in the city’s Bronzeville neighborhood, said Sweeney, who did not immediately have information on the circumstances of the shooting. The man suffered a wound to the back and was driven to Mercy Hospital and Medical Center. He was transferred in critical condition to Stroger Hospital, where he later died, Sweeney said.

Another man was fatally shot just after 2:30 p.m. in the 4100 block of North Hamlin Avenue in the city’s Irving Park neighborhood, said Sweeney. According to preliminary information, a 29-year-old man was a passenger in a car when another car pulled alongside, and someone fired shots. The victim suffered gunshot wounds to the torso and was taken in critical condition to Advocate Illinois Masonic Hospital, where he later died, Sweeney said.

In other shootings:

A 47-year-old woman was shot by her boyfriend while the two were arguing Tuesday morning in the Austin neighborhood, according to police. The shooting happened about 2 a.m. in the 4800 block of West Madison Street. No one is in custody. The woman was treated for a graze wound at the scene. A 34-year-old man was shot in the 1400 block of East 66th Place about 12:30 a.m. and taken to the University of Chicago Hospital. He was shot in the leg and buttocks by someone who shot him from a passing light-colored SUV while he walked on the street. A 20-year-old man was shot in the foot in the North Austin neighborhood about 12:30 a.m. He was on a porch when someone opened fire from a passing light-colored sedan, police said. The man was taken to Stroger Hospital where his condition had been stabilized. A man was left in critical condition after someone shot him in the Englewood neighborhood about 10:45 p.m. The man was in the 6500 block of South Normal Avenue when someone shot him in the chest. The shooter and the 25-year-old man he shot were in some sort of altercation earlier in the evening, police said. The man shot was taken to Stroger Hospital. A 27-year-old man walked into University of Chicago Hospital with a gunshot wound about 10:30 p.m. Monday. He had been shot in the 7100 block of South Emerald Avenue in the Englewood neighborhood. He was shot in the right hand. The man was standing on the sidewalk when he was shot by someone who walked up to him. A 27-year-old man was wounded in a Rogers Park neighborhood drive-by about 10:10 p.m. The man was hit in the foot and taken to Saint Francis Hospital in Evanston and is in good condition. Two men – 32 and 39 – were shot in the Lawndale neighborhood about 9:55 p.m. The 32-year-old was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in critical condition with wounds to his left torso. The older man was taken to Stroger Hospital with wounds to both legs, his right shoulder and his groin. He’s in stable condition and the younger man is in critical condition. At least one person from a group of four people opened fire on the men from a nearby gangway, police said. A 20-year-old man was shot in the buttocks about 8:40 p.m. in the Austin neighborhood. The man was wounded in the 5600 block of West Division Street and walked into West Suburban Medical Center to be treated for his wound. A 21-year-old man was shot in the Englewood neighborhood about 7 p.m. on the 5900 block of South Laflin Street, Sweeney said, citing preliminary information. The man suffered a gunshot wound to his buttocks and was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, but his condition was not available, said Sweeney. About 11:30 a.m. Monday, a 22-year-old man walked into the Mount Sinai Hospital emergency room and said he had been shot on the 3800 block of West Roosevelt Road, said Officer Janel Sedevic, a Chicago police spokeswoman. The man, who suffered a gunshot wound to the foot, was listed in good condition, Sedevic said. Earlier Monday, a 17-year-old boy was wounded a couple of blocks away from the Roosevelt Road attack in the city’s Lawndale neighborhood. That shooting happened shortly after 11 a.m. in the 1600 block of South Springfield Avenue, said Officer Stacey Cooper, a police spokeswoman. The boy suffered a gunshot wound to the right thigh and was taken to Mount Sinai, Cooper said.

No one was in custody for any of the attacks, and police were investigating.

In a state/city with some of the toughest "gun control laws" around. As usual criminals forgot to read up on their local gun laws......but that doesn't stop liberal loons from screeching for more restrictions.

nadalfan

Thought this site might interest you. In some cases, the race of the perpetrator is listed in the source, in some it's not.

The Gun Violence Archive is an online archive of gun violence incidents collected from over 1,200 media, government and commercial sources daily in an effort to provide near-real time data about the results of gun violence.

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/last-72-hours

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:
You must not have seen this news. It's interesting tho... there seems to be no mention of race.

Do you remain unaware that Roof killed those people in Charleston for a very specific reason?

Despite the fact that he stated his motive in no uncertain terms?

Are you completely ignorant of role race has played in American society historically, and the role it continues to play to this very day?

That's why it's a story.

This should not have to be explained to you.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Are you aware your avatar is very disrespectful of our dear leader as you highlight his illegal youthful indiscretions ? Why he might have gotten life in Angola prison for smoking that heinous substance.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
OK...9 people killed in Charleston by a REAL gun, but you save your outrage for a photograph with a picture of a gun that is displayed on a wall at a shooting range where candidate Cruz is hosting a 2nd Amendment photo-op.  Which "selective outrage" and/or media bias are we discussing again?  

Not sure who this is addressed to.  But I was horrified by what happened in Charleston to the point that I want to see that little dickwad be tortured to death.
But does that mean I can no longer object to anything else?  Am I limited to one objection a month or something.

Yes of course,  a photo of some politician with a gun pointing at him is not as evil as slaughtering nine totally innocent people who are worshipping in a church.  I doubt there's anyone amongst us who disagrees with that.
But if after that happening,  you're saying we're no longer allowed to object to anything else,   then that applies to all of us and what is good for the gander is good for the goose.   So I think you should have to refrain from objecting to anything republicans/conservatives/right-wingers do too.    lol

Are you drinking this early? I said I didn't find the image upsetting (which is SYMBOLIC, BTW, if that escaped your notice. Anyone can see it's a picture of a gun which happens to be pointed toward Cruz). I've already stated that I'm not opposed to gun ownership. I have guns in my house. I know how to shoot. But it disgusts me when a politician tries to use the 2nd Amendment to ingratiate himself with the electorate...the same with religion...the same with abortion.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Gun gatherings are a part of Cruz' base voters,  tex.  So it is for all of the Republican candidates.  That's just how the wrastlin match works.

The deal is they just don't see it the way your side does.

Your side believes that,  even though some of the highest gun crime rates happen in the cities with the most strict gun control,  that more gun control is the solution.

Their side believes they're a populist movement which is the only thing providing a defense against attacks on a Constitutionally guaranteed citizens' right.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:In this case it was the Associated Press.  You would have thought that if any news gathering organization was above this sort of thing,  it would be the AP.
Sadly I guess not.

When has the AP been unbiased? Never.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:Gun gatherings are a part of Cruz' base voters,  tex.  So it is for all of the Republican candidates.  That's just how the wrastlin match works.

The deal is they just don't see it the way your side does.

Your side believes that,  even though some of the highest gun crime rates happen in the cities with the most strict gun control,  that more gun control is the solution.

Their side believes they're a populist movement which is the only thing providing a defense against attacks on a Constitutionally guaranteed citizens' right.

You're talking about my home state, Bob. Please don't lecture me on how far things have fallen since Republicans have been in office. I can assess that damage for myself.

Markle

Markle

nadalfan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:It wouldn't have ever happened to a democrat... period. And the gun shop excuse doesn't cut it... there are often graphics on screens while the politician makes political points... the pictures are approved. This was done deliberately/purposefully.

Okay, if so, so what? Did AP apologize or retract the picture or what? I'm not following this story. What do you want to have happen?

I want it recognized that it was NOT an accident or mishap... that media has double standards and an agenda.

You once told me in response to a mass shooting, something like.. bad things happen... so it's kind of hard for me to believe that you're highly offended by a picture of a gun. After all, guns don't kill people..blah blah blah
No, they shouldn't have used that picture.  And if you do find it offensive, maybe it's time to reflect on why it offends you

PLEASE tell us that Progressives would not be going wild, screaming racism and hate at the top of their lungs if the photo was of semi-retired President Obama.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:Truthfully, I think the picture is outrageous.

But, they said it was a mistake, so what are you gonna do?

Rub some salve on that butthurt, would be my guess.

Are all of these of semi-retired President Obama "mistakes" too?

Somebody don't like Ted Cruz... - Page 2 F1f398cb-52e1-4cd2-823d-d25ce01caa70_zpsuuydc6by

Would you say oops, simple mistake if the gun was pointing at President Obama?

Yeah, right!

Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Do you remain unaware that Roof killed those people in Charleston for a very specific reason?

Despite the fact that he stated his motive in no uncertain terms?

Are you completely ignorant of role race has played in American society historically, and the role it continues to play to this very day?

That's why it's a story.

This should not have to be explained to you.

Somebody don't like Ted Cruz... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9wl8ghmLrQpO1hBWIktZ6hf4IQwBAc9oziHwKJqV9GvGOJgoA

Wow!!!!!..... So now you're saying all those other homicides were done just for the grins? That speaks highly of the cultural group that they happened in. Now which cultural grouping is that?

*****FART*****
IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nqcL0mjMjw

Smile

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

When has the AP been unbiased?  Never.

I didn't say it was unbiased. I said it's definitely not known for New York Post style journalism.
But this is the same kind of shit Rupert Murdoch would sign off on.

It's just another example of how tabloid journalism has now infiltrated everything.
It's the same kind of thing that happened to radio as a result of the shock jock infiltration.
It's now anything goes to attract an audience because there is now so much media out there to compete with.

As Confuscius say, if you're swimming in a cesspool full of turds and you want your turd to be noticed, then you better shit out a bigger turd than the rest so it can be seen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum