Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This is what people like Linda want to do to Pcola Beach

+4
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
Markle
KarlRove
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

KarlRove

KarlRove

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mayor-says-town-full-temporarily-closed-to-outsiders/ar-BBl8OFf

Yep. Thank God she and folks like her have no power to do such.

Markle

Markle

KarlRove wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mayor-says-town-full-temporarily-closed-to-outsiders/ar-BBl8OFf

Who knew you supported Communism?

KarlRove

KarlRove

Markle wrote:
KarlRove wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mayor-says-town-full-temporarily-closed-to-outsiders/ar-BBl8OFf

Who supports communism? The beach is everyone's natural resource, not just the people who have more money than sense to build and own on a barrier island.

It's hard to keep up here... which one is trying to arbitrary control us?

2seaoat

I have debated Linda for almost 10 years on beach issues and we have had great discussions on tax issues and other beach issues, and not once did she talk about exclusion.   However, public safety has a threshold where too many people and gridlock present real safety issues which those responsible for the safety of all people in an area put restrictions on the amount of people coming into an area.   I remember the general admission tickets at rock concerts where too many people rushed the floor and people died......would you argue politics when a fire marshall puts a limit on a building, or do you think the beach in NJ or in Florida does not have limits which can be exceeded and cause danger?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

I'm just not sure that wanting beaches to be made open to everyone in the general public can be called "communism".

But then again, in recent times just about everything under the sun has been characterized as being communism so I guess this is no surprise. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The new definition of the word "communism"...

com·mu·nism
ˈkämyəˌnizəm/
noun

1.  Anything fox news and talk radio personalities and Markle say it is.  

2.  Anything fox news and talk radio personalities and Markle are not in agreement with.

3. Anything Barrack Hussein Obama is in favor of.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Bob wrote:The new definition of the word "communism"...

com·mu·nism
ˈkämyəˌnizəm/
noun

1.  Anything fox news and talk radio personalities and Markle say it is.  

2.  Anything fox news and talk radio personalities and Markle are not in agreement with.

3.  Anything Barrack Hussein Obama is in favor of.

This post gave me a grin from ear to ear, right on. They pull out the Commie tag to get a visceral reaction. In the true sense of the word it means nothing.

I won't even go to see the Blues fly because of the traffic bottleneck. People in herds are not appealing nor do they necessarily make good decisions. If some emergency were to arise and everyone decided they had to leave at once it would not be a pretty picture.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah I had the NAZI tag tossed at me on a regular basis....I guess when you are all out of intellectual bullets you just toss verbal hand grenade tags and hope they hit something.

This is what people like Linda want to do to Pcola Beach ?u=http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F-WbjZ_3UJR48%2FUPTWV2RYhJI%2FAAAAAAAA9NI%2FttalIHGp-bk%2Fs400%2Ftumblr_lousf7wUw81qks7w3o1_400

Markle

Markle

KarlRove wrote:
Markle wrote:

Who supports communism? The beach is everyone's natural resource, not just the people who have more money than sense to build and own on a barrier island.

If "everyone" buys the beach, then it belongs to everyone. If people buy and build on a barrier island, then it is their stretch of beach and their and their insurance companies problem if it gets washed away in a storm.

If you, "the government" decides whose property it is, then you have Communism.

2seaoat

If "everyone" buys the beach, then it belongs to everyone. If people buy and build on a barrier island, then it is their stretch of beach and their and their insurance companies problem if it gets washed away in a storm.

As a real estate professional in Florida, you have a very large conceptual gap in understanding beachfront property ownership.

The government under the British common law property law has recorded deeds for a thousand years where government legally defines a property and keeps the records and decides whose property is whose.....are you taking drugs?
I had the NAZI tag tossed at me on a regular basis
If the shoe fits.........

" If the shoe fits........."

Actually... it was the progressives that were so enamored with fascism. You may as well own the history.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Careful Pkr seaoat loves that particular N-Word and will use it on you with absolutely no consideration . He just wants to get under your skin ...like a tick bloated by his own self importance..

This is what people like Linda want to do to Pcola Beach ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sdcounty.ca.gov%2Freusable_components%2Fimages%2Fdeh%2Fchd_tick_engorged

2seaoat

A tick....I have been called an idiot today, and now a tick....can we try for the trifecta.  I will wait in great anticipation.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ok, communist. How's that for a trifecta? lol

2seaoat

I know you and T hate sports, but Joan is calling for an intervention....I think we are witnessing a complete and total melt down pregame from a victim of Jamesnesia.  I think even Mr. Markle may be required.....if the Cavs lose tonight......oh the humanity.......

knothead

knothead

For the record, practically every year ECSO closes Ft. Pickens Rd. to all but residents. When all parking spaces are taken you must show an ID to proceed to your (my) house. It's for public safety and a no brainer.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:If "everyone" buys the beach, then it belongs to everyone. If people buy and build on a barrier island, then it is their stretch of beach and their and their insurance companies problem if it gets washed away in a storm.

As a real estate professional in Florida, you have a very large conceptual gap in understanding beachfront property ownership.

The government under the British common law property law has recorded deeds for a thousand years where government legally defines a property and keeps the records and decides whose property is whose.....are you taking drugs?

I had the NAZI tag tossed at me on a regular basis
If the shoe fits.........

This is what people like Linda want to do to Pcola Beach HystericallyLaughingmanandboy

So what you're saying is that Great Britain recorded deeds, A THOUSAND YEARS AGO, saying who owned all the property in America, five hundred years BEFORE America was discovered by Columbus. Or maybe, they got the information from the Vikings?

The public has access to the beaches on the Gulf on Pensacola Beach do they not? What is your problem?

Last edited by Markle on 6/16/2015, 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

As long as I've lived in Pensacola, I knew that there were certain events, like parades, that I would have to plan in advance, get there early, or not go at all. I would expect lines on the bridges if I left after around 10 am. My first few months in the area were spent on PB, and I attended a meeting of the Island Authority early on...also worked on the beach one day out of the week...I was told prior to that meeting that nothing would happen on PB without a bribe...illuminating. I watched as the Island Authority disregarded residents' complaints about the proposed Portofino...watched as the project was built over many objections...and the "mitigation" evaporated...and now...is it BP money that paid for the ridiculous palm trees lining Via De Luna that detract from the natural beauty but pave the way to Portofino? IMHO, the Island Authority has outlived its usefulness (if it ever was useful) and should be disbanded...and those stupid palm trees should be uprooted and taken to wherever palm trees go to die. Also, every resident of Escambia County should have a free pass to the beach...it is, after all, part of Escambia County. Any new bridges from Pensacola to Pensacola Beach should directly link the two parts of the county...an exit for Gulf Breeze...also, there is a "trolley" from downtown Pensacola...so it is possible, with a little planning, to ride to the beach without taking a car. A ferry would improve and expand the options of people who want to go to the beach but don't want to drive there.
Linda is only trying to point out a problem that needs a solution; she is not trying to make PB her private island.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum