Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ben Carson cancelled at the SBC, my pastor a taking his speaking slot-

+2
Floridatexan
KarlRove
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

KarlRove

KarlRove

http://www.religionnews.com/2015/04/28/southern-baptists-canceled-appearance-ben-carson-commentary/

If they were concerned about Carson being too conservative, they are gonna get both barrels when Ted speaks next week.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

This must be him:

Ben Carson cancelled at the SBC, my pastor a taking his speaking slot-  TedTraylor2
Ted Traylor
TwitterLogoSmall @tedtraylor

Since 1990, Dr. Ted Traylor has been the pastor of Olive Baptist Church in Pensacola, Florida. His weekly radio and television ministry, At the Heart of Things, reaches thousands of homes along the Gulf Coast and through weekly podcasts and streaming. Currently Dr. Traylor is proud to serve on the Fellowship of Christian Athletes board for the University of Alabama.
Dr. Traylor is the author of three books: “The Eight Callings of God,” “A Compass, a Map and a Passport: God’s Provisions for Life’s Journey,” and “What Is a Southern Baptist? Key Denominational Distinctives.”

(from the SBC website)

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

KarlRove wrote:http://www.religionnews.com/2015/04/28/southern-baptists-canceled-appearance-ben-carson-commentary/

If they were concerned about Carson being too conservative, they are gonna get both barrels when Ted speaks next week.

According to the article,  it's all about how younger Baptists differ with older Baptists.
The last paragraph in the article...

"Their (younger Baptists) reticence to hear a political pundit like Carson, even when they would largely agree with his beliefs, is rooted in a desire to be faithful to Christ in American culture — as prophets, not partisans."

So if that's the case, it would apply to Ted Cruz and all the other candidates,  not just Carson.

Last edited by Bob on 6/8/2015, 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total

knothead

knothead

Carson needs to stick to something he is good at . . . . . neurology!

KarlRove

KarlRove

How do you know he wouldn't be good at POTUS? He's a heck of a lot smarter than the COWH

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

KarlRove wrote:How do you know he wouldn't be good at POTUS? He's a heck of a lot smarter than the COWH

I agree with your second sentence.  He's a very accomplished neurosurgeon who successfully separated conjoined twins in a 22-hour surgery.
And his intelligence is also evidenced by the fact that he was able to overcome the destructive black culture associated with growing up in poverty.
I listened to him describe his background in his announcement address.  Extremely impressive,  thoughtful and intelligent.  He's definitely an individual to be admired.

But about your second question "how do you know he wouldn't be good at POTUS?"

The general answer I would give to that question is this.  It would be because of Abraham Lincoln's profound observation when he said "a house divided cannot stand".

Right now America is as divided as any time in it's history since the Civil War.
It's divided into two halves to such a degree that this division now has put the country in a stranglehold.  
And as long as this remains to be the situation,  it doesn't matter which of these candidates is elected President (republican or democrat).  It's WAY beyond the capacity of any of them.  

In Carson's case,  it would become even more difficult.  Because Carson has had ZERO experience as an executive of any kind,  either in the public or the private world.

A win by Carson would accomplish only one thing.  It would send a message that republicans aren't actually racists as the seaoats and others keep telling us.  And that would be a positive thing for republicans.
But it would accomplish nothing more than that.

Last edited by Bob on 6/8/2015, 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.inquisitr.com/2072779/ben-carson-politically-incorrect-or-raving-lunatic-six-quotes-proving-dr-carson-is-a-crazy-person/

Ben Carson: Politically Incorrect Or Raving Lunatic? Six Quotes Proving Dr. Carson Is A Crazy Person

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

See what I mean,  Karl.

Floridatexan and her democrat brethren are convinced that all the republicans are nutjobs.
While you and your republican brethren are convinced that all the democrats are nutjobs.

As long as this remains to be the case,  things will only worsen, regardless of which one of this current crop of president wannabees ends up living in the White House.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Right now America is as divided as any time in it's history since the Civil War.
It's divided into two halves to such a degree that this division now has put the country in a stranglehold.
And as long as this remains to be the situation, it doesn't matter which of these candidates is elected President (republican or democrat). It's WAY beyond the capacity of any of them.

The country is divided on several different levels and I think the recognition of our current situation is only now slowly becoming evident to more and more people. I'm talking about the wealth gap of course.

Slowly the scales are tilting and that tipping point will one day be reached. At that time the 99% will realize that they have been screwed by corporate America and the lawmakers who are now doing their bidding. How this situation gets resolved remains to be seen. It has become a contest of money vs people.

In Carson's quote about "Obamacare" and slavery and people becoming slaves to the government, that just shows he has a warped view of how government should function. This, as I see it is the main distinction between Democrats and Republicans.

Democrats think the government is there to do good things for people.
Republicans think either 1) government is the enemy; and/or 2) government is a collection agency for private business to take advantage of, as in letting pharmaceutical companies charge outlandish sums for drugs and not letting the government reduce costs by taking advantage of mass purchases.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Or, could it be that Dr. Carson really IS a raving lunatic?

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/11/15/top-10-quotes-that-prove-neurosurgeon-ben-carson-doesnt-have-the-brain-to-be-president/

gatorfan

Floridatexan wrote:
Or, could it be that Dr. Carson really IS a raving lunatic?

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/11/15/top-10-quotes-that-prove-neurosurgeon-ben-carson-doesnt-have-the-brain-to-be-president/

"addictinginfo"????? Seriously?

The whacked-out hyper-liberal amateur blogger that penned that ridiculous hit piece took nearly every word out of context and embellished the comparisons.

No bias there folks, move along please.....

ROFLMAO

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Dr. Carson writes for WorldNetDaily, aka, WingNutDaily. Don't even try to make fun of my source. In fact, google it for yourself. You'll find plenty of other sites where the same conclusion is reached...he's wacko...not that he doesn't have plenty of company in the GOP peanut gallery.

Ben Carson cancelled at the SBC, my pastor a taking his speaking slot-  17048065736_48b7f22e11_m

gatorfan

Floridatexan wrote:
Dr. Carson writes for WorldNetDaily, aka, WingNutDaily.  Don't even try to make fun of my source.  In fact, google it for yourself.  You'll find plenty of other sites where the same conclusion is reached...he's wacko...not that he doesn't have plenty of company in the GOP peanut gallery.

I don't have to "try to make fun of your source", it's laughable in and of itself, just like the WND site you referenced.

Far left or far right, wingnuts just the same.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

gatorfan wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Dr. Carson writes for WorldNetDaily, aka, WingNutDaily.  Don't even try to make fun of my source.  In fact, google it for yourself.  You'll find plenty of other sites where the same conclusion is reached...he's wacko...not that he doesn't have plenty of company in the GOP peanut gallery.

I don't have to "try to make fun of your source", it's laughable in and of itself, just like the WND site you referenced.

Far left or far right, wingnuts just the same.

You have just identified Dr. Carson as a far right wingnut.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum