Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Denny getting indicted is shocking

+4
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
knothead
dumpcare
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

I  am speechless.  I have known him for thirty years.  I know that post speaker their were rumors about he and his sons cashing in on lobbying, and then there was the purchasing of a large farm where he knew where the new interstate would be routed, but the indictment is suggesting something wrong happened while he was a teacher.  I am speechless.

2seaoat

Individual A......getting caught telling the FBI he did not trust the banking system.  This is not making a bit of sense.  I thought when they said he was indicted that it was going to be about a land deal......this suggests he did something wrong when he was teaching.  I know first hand how well liked he was as a coach and how loyal he was to his students, but hush money being paid and then lying to the FBI?  This has folks scratching their heads.  I called the guy who owns a clothing store where Denny bought his clothes.  He was frumpy and could care less how he dressed and Gregg's job was to keep the speaker looking sharp, and did a great job for the longest Republican speaker of the house, but he too is stunned.   This guy's reputation was squeaky clean, and I first spoke with him almost thirty years ago when he was a member of the Illinois House, and the conversation dealt with him solving a problem of a former student who was like me an employee of Borg Warner.  My last live conversation with him was when he was speaker of the House at an Eagle Scout event where he was really worked up about a bill he was trying to get passed in congress, which dealt with zero tolerance of drugs .  He would always talk about his dogs, wife, and boys and was known simply as coach.

I just got invited to his home during the 2014 election cycle to support financially a guy I golfed with Jim Oberweis who was running against Dick Durbin.  The rumors was that he bought the farm where he now lives with inside knowledge about the routing of the interstate system which would be an outer loop around Chicago.  There was also talks about how much money he and his sons were making in his lobbying, but when they suggest it was hush money for when he was teaching......well that is just mind numbing unexpected and I am hoping somebody can explain the underlying reason he was pulling this money out.......stunning......I trusted this guy and my world is upside down.

Sal

Sal

The shocking thing is that a high school teacher and wrestling coach can become a DC politician, retire and immediately become a lobbyist, and a few years later have the means to pay 3.5 large in hush money without even crimping his lifestyle.

It's disgusting.

And, given his history of covering up Mark Foley's activities, it's probably gonna get even uglier.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Just another scumbag politician.  And for everyone who gets caught there will be a dozen others who don't get caught.

dumpcare

If truth were to be told every politician is on the take and should be indicted.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/28/dennis-hastert-indicted_n_7464262.html?ir=Politics&utm_campaign=052815&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Alert-politics&utm_content=FullStory&ncid=newsltushpmg00000003

KarlRove

KarlRove

It's Illinois politics and all corrupt

Sal

Sal

The fact that the indictment states that Hastert is a "former high school wrestling coach" speaks volumes.

The feds wouldn't include that sort of detail by accident.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

How does the FBI know how much the extortioner wanted? What could be worth $3.5 million?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote: What could be worth $3.5 million?

Screwing the American people
Screwing a homo
Screwing a woman who aint your wife
Screwing an underage girl
Making fun of Ronaldus Reagan
Disagreeing with Rush Limbaugh
Not having Jesus as your personal lord and saviour

Sal

Sal

Nah ...

3.5 mil is a lot of dough.

It's either a dead underage girl or a live underage boy.

Sal

Sal

live boy ....

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-hastert-misconduct-20150529-story.html

Sal

Sal

Denny getting indicted is shocking Wrestlers

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

So Hastert joins all of the other outed Republican closet queens of the past...... He's a homosexual pedophile...... There have been others in Congress.....

Is there a statute of limitations for having sex with underage children in Illinois?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/28/dennis-hastert-mark-foley_n_7465586.html

This may be about his time prior...but the reason he left the House was the Mark Foley scandal:

"...Hastert was the longest-serving Republican House speaker in history when he retired after the 2006 elections. That year, he and other Republicans were embroiled in a major congressional scandal. Then-Rep. Mark Foley (R-Fla.) resigned in September 2006 after it was revealed he sent sexually explicit instant messages and emails to male congressional pages.

The Republican leadership’s handling of the scandal, with Hastert at the helm, played a key role in that year’s midterm elections, when the GOP sustained a major shellacking and was forced to hand over control of the House to Democrats, after dominating it since 1994.

To be sure, the GOP was also dogged by an unpopular president waging a deeply controversial war. But Hastert and other GOP congressional leaders were implicated in the Foley scandal when it was revealed that they knew about the emails in late 2005, months before the scandal made headlines in September 2006. Additionally, they allowed Foley to serve as chair of a congressional caucus on missing and exploited children, right up until he resigned from Congress. Foley had also been a major proponent of anti-gay legislation.

Hastert’s office initially claimed that he first heard about the scandal when former congressional pages leaked the emails to ABC News and The Washington Post, breaking the story wide open. Shortly after that, he backtracked, releasing a statement admitting that he had known about Foley’s inappropriate behavior since that spring and that several congressional leaders had alerted him and his staff to the emails.

The revelations pointed to a potential cover-up. Subsequent reporting found that Republican top brass warned Foley of the consequences of his behavior and tried to intervene in the months leading up to his resignation..."

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You asked what could be worth $3 million. I said my first choice is homo sex.
Don't I at least get a little credit for nailing this one.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But before we jump to some conclusion about it always being homos who are involved with politician scandals, we need to be aware of the other big politician sex scandal breaking today.
That one doesn't involve homosexuality, instead it involves heterosexuality.

http://www.businessinsider.com/mike-huckabee-stands-by-duggar-family-despite-molestation-scandal-2015-5

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ding Ding Ding.  Things come in threes.

Now it's a democrat politician all mired in the subject of SEX.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/05/bernie-sanders-university-of-chicago-free-love

2seaoat

Been on the phone all day talking to people.  Nobody had a clue about these sexual abuse allegations.  Nobody.   I spoke with somebody who just got off the phone with the former minority Republican leader in the Illinois house and he is stunned.   This just not fit the profile of Denny.  My world is upside down.  He was a republican I believed in and now I am lost.  Now I am worried that the person I mentioned who Denny called me about in the late eighties where we both worked at Borg Warner was a former wrestler.  I cannot go into details, but my suspicions have been raised concerning his concern about this person 28 years ago.  It never seemed unusual at the time.

We can talk about how all politicians are evil and greedy.  I know I was disappointed in the big pay checks he was getting with lobbying, and his son was getting the same.  Obscene amounts.   Also, there was some questionable ethics in his buying a farm where a loop west of Chicago was going to locate, but NOBODY saw this coming.  I will be playing poker on Tuesday with the guy who dressed him and spoke with him on the phone.....Nobody has a clue how this can be.....crazy.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Power corrupts. Unfortunately, Denny will be spending some of his remaining retirement years in federal detention.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Dennis Hastert’s rise was based on being the no ‘skeletons’ guy — until this week

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/dennis-hasterts-rise-based-on-being-the-no-skeletons-guy--until-this-week/2015/05/29/9a891dfa-0604-11e5-bc72-f3e16bf50bb6_story.html

2seaoat

Power corrupts. Unfortunately, Denny will be spending some of his remaining retirement years in federal detention.

All he had to do was tell the truth.  He had reached an out of court settlement with someone he harmed and that the money was settling his wrongdoing without the publicity.   Instead he lied to the FBI where he had the choice to tell the truth.  He is going to jail, but at 73 it may take two years to trial.  The FBI could care less about his wrongdoing with a student, rather is avoidance and violation of the law.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Hastert had more than one victim.....

http://chicago.suntimes.com/politics/7/71/646669/source-ex-house-speaker-dennis-hastert-allegedly-paid-hide-sexual-misconduct

And his hypocrisy is greatly magnified, as his past behavior weighed heavily in how he handled the 2006 Mark Foley congressional page scandal.

Sal

Sal

"There is a hypocrisy issue," Barney Frank said. "Dennis Hastert was a member of the House who voted for the Defense of Marriage act. He subsequently as Speaker twice put before the House of Representatives the constitutional amendment that would have cancelled retroactively all the same sex marriages that had taken place legally. ... The rank hypocrisy of this man using his power to persecute other people for doing what he was doing. Secondly, and it is relevant to note that in terms of the hypocrisy area, you mentioned Gingrich had to quit. It turns out Gingrich was at the time having an affair with the woman he is now married who was an employee of the House Agriculture Committee. And then Livingston who was supposed to replace him had to quit because he was having an affair not just with a woman but with a lobbyist who was lobbying him. So then in an effort to get somebody [who was clean], they get Hastert. The point is that all this was happening while they were impeaching Bill Clinton for having oral sex. So I think that it now looks like if you take Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, Dennis Hastert, and Robert Livingston the the Republican Speakers or would be speakers, Clinton is a choir boy."

knothead

knothead

Sal wrote:"There is a hypocrisy issue," Barney Frank said. "Dennis Hastert was a member of the House who voted for the Defense of Marriage act. He subsequently as Speaker twice put before the House of Representatives the constitutional amendment that would have cancelled retroactively all the same sex marriages that had taken place legally. ... The rank hypocrisy of this man using his power to persecute other people for doing what he was doing. Secondly, and it is relevant to note that in terms of the hypocrisy area, you mentioned Gingrich had to quit. It turns out Gingrich was at the time having an affair with the woman he is now married who was an employee of the House Agriculture Committee. And then Livingston who was supposed to replace him had to quit because he was having an affair not just with a woman but with a lobbyist who was lobbying him. So then in an effort to get somebody [who was clean], they get Hastert. The point is that all this was happening while they were impeaching Bill Clinton for having oral sex. So I think that it now looks like if you take Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, Dennis Hastert, and Robert Livingston the the Republican Speakers or would be speakers, Clinton is a choir boy."

cheers cheers cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum