Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NFL SUSPENDS BRADY FOUR GAMES FOR BAD BALLS

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

NFL SUSPENDS BRADY FOUR GAMES FOR BAD BALLS

Tom Brady suspended without pay for 4 games of regular season

Everett Rosenfeld
2 Mins Ago 5/11/2015
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102650340

KarlRove

KarlRove

Probably still go at least 2-2

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

And a million dollar fine for the organization.

2seaoat

Four games seems awful stiff for the NFL's lack of verification. This never would have been a problem if somebody took two minutes to check the balls.....but nope......find a scapegoat for the NFL's screwup, and who will they try to blame with the tidal wave of head injuries as the jury is no longer out....people are getting disabled from playing football, but they failed to address the issue for five years when they fully knew the risks.

Markle

Markle

I'd agree that four games, a million fine and the loss of two draft picks EXCEPT for the fact that New England has a reputation of cheating. They've been punished for it before and they don't seem to catch on.

Anyone who believes that someone who might be the greatest quarterback in history would NOT know the instant he picked up the ball, is playing with a short deck.

How is it the fault of the NFL?

WOW, the NFL knew that injuries resulted from playing professional football. I am shocked...SHOCKED I SAY!

That like the absurdity of people filing suits against tobacco companies because they got cancer. As if they didn't know.

I was a tyke in Chicago, the parties our families held together must have produced as much pollution as coal fired power plant today. At the time, this was in the 50's, it was common place for everyone to refer to cigarettes as COFFIN NAILS.

2seaoat

How is it the fault of the NFL?

If the NFL considers the pressure in the game balls to be of importance and then does not check the balls for compliance when both sides in a play are interacting with that ball, it should not be a major infraction if there is non compliance when the NFL did not think it was important enough to check before game time.

Could you imagine in baseball each team could use whatever ball they want? Or in golf using a non regulation golf ball. I had a friend who picked up some golf balls made in England which were smaller diameter and had a non regulation dimple pattern which went about fifteen yards further off the drive......it was great fun hitting the ball further than with a regulation ball.

In regard to comparing tobacco to football in litigation, is not a very good analogy. One is manufacturing a dangerous product and putting into the market for consumer use, and the other is an employer exposing workers to known risks and long term injury. Do you think colleges which make huge money off their football programs call their workers student athletes by accident? It was only after one of those kids in the early fifties tried to sue for workers compensation that the term was pushed by the NCAA to deny the status of worker.....yet kids are getting life changing injuries and getting a atta boy unless there is total paralysis where most teams make financial arrangements out of sheer fear of public backlash. An employer has a duty to make the workplace as safe as possible with safety equipment and work rules. The NFL does not have clean hands, and has fully known the danger of concussions, but failed to put protective rules into play until only recently......having ones bell rung and sent back into the game is extremely dangerous and must stop at every level of football.

Sal

Sal

Brady, Belichick, and the entire Patriots organization will have asterisks beside their records due to their histories of receiving disciplinary actions, fines, and lost draft picks.

Unethical and unnecessary.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:How is it the fault of the NFL?

If the NFL considers the pressure in the game balls to be of importance and then does not check the balls for compliance when both sides in a play are interacting with that ball, it should not be a major infraction if there is non compliance when the NFL did not think it was important enough to check before game time.

Could you imagine in baseball each team could use whatever ball they want?  Or in golf using a non regulation golf ball.  I had a friend who picked up some golf balls made in England which were smaller diameter and had a non regulation dimple pattern which went about fifteen yards further off the drive......it was great fun hitting the ball further than with a regulation ball.

In regard to comparing tobacco to football in litigation, is not a very good.

I did not read your whole dissertation, again it wondered off topic.

The balls are tested before the game, then turned over to the team.  New England has a history of cheating.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:Brady, Belichick, and the entire Patriots organization will have asterisks beside their records due to their histories of receiving disciplinary actions, fines, and lost draft picks.

Unethical and unnecessary.

Obviously it does pain me greatly to agree 100% with Sal.

KarlRove

KarlRove

by Sal Today at 10:17 am
Brady, Belichick, and the entire Patriots organization will have asterisks beside their records due to their histories of receiving disciplinary actions, fines, and lost draft picks.

Unethical and unnecessary
----
And you are the posterboy for ethics loo

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum