Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Something I noticed in that thread about Frank Marshall Davis

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

At one point Floridatexan says Obama is the best president in history.

And then othershoe comments:  "different people can look at the same thing and come to totally opposite feelings about it."

So true.  Obama is the best president in history to many,  and the worst president in history to many others.

I was listening to local talk radio (WEBY) this week.  All the call-in talk shows on that station have one regular caller who we know as "Marshall".
Marshall called the afternoon show and said this:  "I think we need to divide the U.S. into two countries,  Conservative America,  and Liberal America".  And it wasn't said tongue in cheek,  he was dead serious.
Even the ultra right-wing host (who also owns the station) couldn't stomach that.  Said the only way it would happen is with another Civil War.  
But that didn't faze old Marshall.  He's ready for another Civil War.

But of course Marshall has no conception of how we draw the division for the two countries.  
For example,  the wealthiest (and one of the most liberal) counties in the entire Southeast is Williamson County south of Nashville.  So do they want to be a part of the Conservative America?
Or what about Texas which is overall very conservative.  Except of course for Austin which is very liberal.  What happens with them?
And there's the Research Triangle in North Carolina (Raleigh/Durham) which is also very liberal.
And the list goes on.

On the other side,  what about conservative Orange County located inside one of the most liberal states in the Union.  Or the Central Valley of California which is equally conservative.
And that list goes on too.

So if we isolate all the liberal places and isolate all the conservative places,  can you imagine what the border would look like between the two?  lol

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Sorry I missed this phone call. I'll think about calling in again.

Marshall sounds short sighted and ignorant at best. As you point out there is no handy geographic line that can be drawn between red and blue areas. I think Marshall will have to settle for ideological or mental red America and blue America.

Have you seen the studies about people 'self sorting'? Conservative and Liberal people are moving to areas where more people share their outlooks because it is so uncomfortable living amongst folks who are so dramatically opposed to their way of thinking. I am renovating a shotgun house in New Orleans in a liberal thinking part of the city (there are other areas where the Obama sticker on my car would not be smiled at). One reason is to just get some relief from living in the panhandle.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

othershoe1030 wrote: I am renovating a shotgun house in New Orleans in a liberal thinking part of the city

I'm wondering where that is. I assume that's somewhere in Orleans Parish. Because as I'm sure you know, Jefferson Parish is very conservative (home of David Duke). And so is the North Shore.
But I don't know the politics of the West Bank.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Bob wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote: I am renovating a shotgun house in New Orleans in a liberal thinking part of the city

I'm wondering where that is.  I assume that's somewhere in Orleans Parish.  Because as I'm sure you know,  Jefferson Parish is very conservative (home of David Duke).  And so is the North Shore.
But I don't know the politics of the West Bank.  

Yes, Orleans Parish, West bank. 80 year old termite damaged house that should have been torn down given it was more than 50% damaged by termites but it has been rebuilt. Double lot, pecan trees, just heaven.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Many states have a liberal and conservative area. Marshall is living under a rock. I'd like to see his budget for border security...and the rest of it for that matter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum