Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Detroit considers 'firefighter tourism' to cover department shortfall

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Firefighters who don't see enough action in their own towns can pay for the privilege to jump in the fire with the smoke eaters of Detroit.

Fire Commissioner Don Austin has raised the suggestion of putting tourists of the Motor City—a long-time hot spot for firefighter tourists to participate in truck ride-alongs—to work on blazes in a department memo, according to MyFoxDetroit.com

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/09/07/detroit-considers-firefighter-tourism-to-cover-department-shortfall/?test=latestnews#ixzz25pJFyQWT

What is wrong with that area?

i'm in mi right now... it's a funny thing to watch. the city ran itself in such a hole that they were ordered a few years ago to produce a plan to the state forthwith that atleast balanced the budget and then planned a way out of the catastrophe they created. lol... the city council stalled and stalled and finally put a balanced budget vote (referendum) on a ballot. guess what that result was? lol... so then the state assigned an emergency manager... and i could hear the screams from the upper peninsula. there are still law suits flying and the city still won't address their problems. the r's have control of state govt... they do not want to bail them out and are shutting the money spigot off. what next?

PkrBum wrote:i'm in mi right now... it's a funny thing to watch. the city ran itself in such a hole that they were ordered a few years ago to produce a plan to the state forthwith that atleast balanced the budget and then planned a way out of the catastrophe they created. lol... the city council stalled and stalled and finally put a balanced budget vote (referendum) on a ballot. guess what that result was? lol... so then the state assigned an emergency manager... and i could hear the screams from the upper peninsula. there are still law suits flying and the city still won't address their problems. the r's have control of state govt... they do not want to bail them out and are shutting the money spigot off. what next?

all I know is detroit is a mess. I heard you could buy houses there for $50.

If they are in that big of mess, I dont see how pumping money into them is going to last.

and this idea of paying to go put out thier fires is beyond rediculus. No wonder they are in a mess, ideas like that....wow just wow.

I'm going to say it, yes I am... They could use a Rudy G Razz

no stress

no stress

A cute blonde pays 50 bucks to ride in my lap to a fire?

2seaoat

A cute blonde pays 50 bucks to ride in my lap to a fire?

I think you are confusing your weekend job as a stripper who wears the fireman outfit, with your weekday job.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Without welfare, detroit wouldn't exist.
Bunch of unemployed drug addicts and gang members. Nothing else survives there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum