Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ECSO deputies charged with sexual assault of minors

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.pnj.com/story/news/crime/2015/03/06/ecso-deputies-assault-arrests/24511867/

Two Escambia County deputies have been charged with sexual assault against a minor, and the Escambia County Sheriff's Office is still seeking two more suspects.

Senior Deputy Mark Gene Smith was arrested and charged with felony sexual assault and misdemeanor battery. Deputy Walter Michael Thomas was arrested and charged with felony sexual assault.

Both are being held without bond and have been placed on administrative leave as an investigation is being conducted in conjunction with the State Attorney's Office.

The investigation is ongoing and no further details will be released at this time, the sheriff's office said. The Sheriff's Office declined to make Sheriff David Morgan available for comment Friday. Morgan plans to hold a news conference Monday to address the investigation.

Smith has been with the ECSO since 2005, while Thomas was hired in 2009.

Along with the arrest of the two deputies, investigators are also looking for Douglas Albert Manning, 47, and Leah Giannotti Manning, 40.

According to Okaloosa County officials, the Mannings were employed as paramedics for the county. Both currently have outstanding warrants for sexual battery and child neglect. They were last seen in the area of 2000 Berg Street and are known to drive a 2013 Red Chevrolet Camaro bearing Florida tag number M59 6YZ.

ECSO deputies charged with sexual assault of minors 635612511235968619-Manninngs
Escambia County Sheriff's Office are looking for Douglas Albert Manning and Leah Giannotti Manning. The Mannings have outstanding warrants for sexual battery and child neglect. (Photo: Special to the News Journal)
It was during the investigation of the Mannings that information came to light that two ESCO deputies were involved in sexual offenses with subjects younger than 18, officials said.

Anyone with information as to the Mannings' whereabouts is asked to call 911, 436-9620 or Crimestoppers at 433-STOP.

Remember when I told you that someone had tried to kidnap my granddaughter and the Sheriff's Office wasn't taking it seriously? This may be the reason.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Too bad we don't have investigative journalists to get to the bottom. 

There is more going on and it is not being reported. The deputy charges were made while investigating the paramedics. WTH.....

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Joanimaroni wrote:Too bad we don't have investigative journalists to get to the bottom. 

There is more going on and it is not being reported. The deputy charges were made while investigating the paramedics. WTH.....

We'll hear what the Sheriff has to say tomorrow.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Too bad we don't have investigative journalists to get to the bottom. 

We'll hear what the Sheriff has to say tomorrow.

I'm sure that will clear everything up. Rolling Eyes

KarlRove

KarlRove

Local LEOs are some pretty sexually outrageous folks you will meet. Wendell hall had to actually make a rule that deputies violate SO policy for having. Sexual relations on duty. The shenanigans with
My ex and her boss ( now husband) are on pages 4-5 of the Santa Rosa County Leo Affairs page.

KarlRove

KarlRove

If it's moving I think they will jump it. Seriously

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

The Okaloosa fugitives have been arrested.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum