Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It is fricking cold

+2
Hallmarkgard
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

16It is fricking cold - Page 2 Empty Re: It is fricking cold 2/19/2015, 5:48 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Enjoy it, Sal.

I shall.

I'm a little perplexed that I'm actually considering a job where there's currently a foot of snow on the ground with more to come in the next few days and the highest temp they've seen this week is 17 degrees.

But, my family is all there and it'd be a fatter paycheck, so ....

scratch

Pros and cons.

17It is fricking cold - Page 2 Empty Re: It is fricking cold 2/19/2015, 9:44 pm

knothead

knothead

[quote="Joanimaroni"]
Sal wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Enjoy it, Sal.

I shall.

I'm a little perplexed that I'm actually considering a job where there's currently a foot of snow on the ground with more to come in the next few days and the highest temp they've seen this week is 17 degrees.

But, my family is all there and it'd be a fatter paycheck, so ....

scratch

Like joani pointed out Sal there are always pros and cons . . . . this winter is proving to be a record breaker with these brutally low temps so the misery factor right now is high. Within six weeks the worm will turn so I say take the fatter paycheck and fear not . . . . it is drop dead beautiful in my area most of the year and remember that Kentucky is the land of fast women and beautiful horses!

18It is fricking cold - Page 2 Empty Re: It is fricking cold 2/20/2015, 11:03 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal, did you survive?

19It is fricking cold - Page 2 Empty Re: It is fricking cold 2/20/2015, 2:59 pm

2seaoat

Roads too damn icy to drive tonight or Saturday. Hopefully, Sunday afternoon we can start heading to Arizona. I once got caught in a horrible blizzard on the interstate West of Flagstaff. In 10 miles the snow quickly accumulated to about 9 inches, and the only reason we did not get stranded like hundreds of other cars is that we were heading West and losing elevation and the lower elevations brought warmer temps and we just got off the mountain. We read that people were stranded for over 24 hours. I had never seen anything like that.....literally closed down an interstate highway.

We now are much more careful, and probably will go dead south to Memphis on 57, and then cut over, but with this Arctic bubble it may not be far enough south. Driving in ice and snow is no fun.

20It is fricking cold - Page 2 Empty Re: It is fricking cold 2/20/2015, 3:05 pm

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:Sal, did you survive?

Yes, but it was quite an ordeal.

I had to turn the heat on for 30 minutes this morning.

21It is fricking cold - Page 2 Empty Re: It is fricking cold 2/20/2015, 3:06 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Roads too damn icy to drive tonight or Saturday.  Hopefully, Sunday afternoon we can start heading to Arizona.   I once got caught in a horrible blizzard on the interstate West of Flagstaff.   In 10 miles the snow quickly accumulated to about 9 inches, and the only reason we did not get stranded like hundreds of other cars is that we were heading West and losing elevation and the lower elevations brought warmer temps and we just got off the mountain.  We read that people were stranded for over 24 hours.  I had never seen anything like that.....literally closed down an interstate highway.    

We now are much more careful, and probably will go dead south to Memphis on 57, and then cut over, but with this Arctic bubble it may not be far enough south.   Driving in ice and snow is no fun.

Stay safe.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum