Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Secular parenting

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

16Secular parenting - Page 2 Empty Re: Secular parenting 1/22/2015, 2:38 pm

Vikingwoman

I think it's pretty well known the atrocities of the Catholic Church and it's teachings. Joani can try and minimize them all she wants but there are too many people who have experienced the abuses. The recent movie "Philomena" depicts what happened to teenage girls who got pregnant in the church. Their children were taken from them and adopted out at the age of three as it was a mortal sin. The facts are they terrorize little children and people w/ their bizarre and made up fantasies. Praying to this statute and that statute of ordinary people they made out to be saints.
Personally, I don't need some prophet of the times elevated to a God to tell me to be kind to others. I can figure that out all by myself. It's called a conscience and most people have them with or without religion.

17Secular parenting - Page 2 Empty Re: Secular parenting 1/22/2015, 3:02 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:I think it's pretty well known the atrocities of the Catholic Church and it's teachings. Joani can try and minimize them all she wants but there are too many people who have experienced the abuses. The recent movie "Philomena" depicts what happened to teenage girls who got pregnant in the church. Their children were taken from them and adopted out at the age of three as it was a mortal sin. The facts are they terrorize little children and people w/ their bizarre and made up fantasies. Praying to this statute and that statute of ordinary people they made out to be saints.
Personally, I don't need some prophet of the times elevated to a God to tell me to be kind to others. I can figure that out all by myself. It's called a conscience and most people have them with or without religion.

Philomena was a movie about a young girl in Ireland sent to a convent for unwed teens by her father. What you don't understand....in the early 40' thru 60's their were many homes for unwed teens....they were not all associated with the Catholic Church. 

Statues provide an image, nothing more. 

Your bitterness and hatered is duly noted. You are not able to see things in perspective. Continue with what ever justifies your hate....

18Secular parenting - Page 2 Empty Re: Secular parenting 1/22/2015, 7:09 pm

Vikingwoman

What you don't understand is the other unwed homes did not take their children from them and adopt them out to Americans. Furthermore, expressing my opinion on Catholicism from my experiences doesn't make me bitter and hateful. Just truthful. Something you have serious problems with.

19Secular parenting - Page 2 Empty Re: Secular parenting 1/22/2015, 8:12 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:What you don't understand is the other unwed homes did not take their children from them and adopt them out to Americans. Furthermore, expressing my opinion on Catholicism from my experiences doesn't make me bitter and hateful. Just truthful. Something you have serious problems with.
Oh yes they did!!!!      They were homes and adoption agencies.

You need to google about homes for unwed mothers. Methodist and other protestant homes absolutely adopted babies out. Parents sent their daughter's to homes to have their baby and the parents signed adoption papers. Many area homes were in New Orleans.

Your experiences are bitter and hate filled.....you routinely bring it up.  Take your blinders off. It's not all Catholic.

http://www.protestanthomeforbabies.com/MaternityHomes.htm

20Secular parenting - Page 2 Empty Re: Secular parenting 1/22/2015, 8:20 pm

True, Joani. Those records were sealed, too. I have a family member who tried her best to find the baby her parents made her give up. It was in a "secular" home for unwed mothers. When she approached them after the bans were lifted on finding birth parents they said the records had been lost.

Very sad.

It was a way of life regardless of denomination.

21Secular parenting - Page 2 Empty Re: Secular parenting 1/22/2015, 8:29 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

SheWrites wrote:True, Joani.  Those records were sealed, too.  I have a family member who tried her best to find the baby her parents made her give up.  It was in a "secular" home for unwed mothers.  When she approached them after the bans were lifted on finding birth parents they said the records had been lost.  

Very sad.  

It was also a social stigma and economical hardship.

Online you can find blog's written where mothers and children are looking for their biological family.....after having been adopted out of homes for unwed motgers.

22Secular parenting - Page 2 Empty Re: Secular parenting 1/22/2015, 11:37 pm

Vikingwoman

The Catholic Church sold those babies to rich Americans. That's what the movie was about. Trying to justify it was economic hardship and social stigma is about as ignorant as justifying helpless babies going to purgatory. It's ignorance and voodoo and myths and superstition.

23Secular parenting - Page 2 Empty Re: Secular parenting 1/23/2015, 9:28 am

Joanimaroni wrote:
SheWrites wrote:True, Joani.  Those records were sealed, too.  I have a family member who tried her best to find the baby her parents made her give up.  It was in a "secular" home for unwed mothers.  When she approached them after the bans were lifted on finding birth parents they said the records had been lost.  

Very sad.  

Online you can find blog's written where mothers and children are looking for their biological family.....after having been adopted out of homes for unwed mothers.

It was definitely a time when "such things" were brushed under the rug.  I'm happy that my family member made peace with the situation and her parents.  Otherwise the hate would have eaten her alive.  Unfortunate things absolutely do happen to good people.  We still have to forgive and march forward. To hold the anger and continue to blame is not healthy.  Next time I visit her I will suggest the blog route for her in the, for now, dead end search for the child.

24Secular parenting - Page 2 Empty Re: Secular parenting 1/23/2015, 10:20 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

SheWrites wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Very sad.  

Online you can find blog's written where mothers and children are looking for their biological family.....after having been adopted out of homes for unwed mothers.

It was definitely a time when "such things" were brushed under the rug.  I'm happy that my family member made peace with the situation and her parents.  Otherwise the hate would have eaten her alive.  Unfortunate things absolutely do happen to good people.  We still have to forgive and march forward. To hold the anger and continue to blame is not healthy.  Next time I visit her I will suggest the blog route for her in the, for now, dead end search for the child.

It would be wonderful if she could make contact with her child.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum