This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Got a robocall yesterday from the Faith & Freedom Coalition

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


...urging me to register to vote. I have no problem with a robocall urging registration, but "faith" and "freedom" in the same title can mean only one thing: The GOP and their shameless appeal to the right-wing sheeple. GRRRR!

View user profile

Guest


Guest
Well you could always do what I do. Don't answer any calls that you do not recognize. My caller ID displays on my TV screen and if it list a toll free number or a number I do not know or has no name associated with it, it goes straight to voice mail.

If it is important, they will leave a message.

Guest


Guest
maybe they were talking about faith in govt and the freedom for the govt to do any damn progressive thing it wants? that's a religion too imo.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:Well you could always do what I do. Don't answer any calls that you do not recognize. My caller ID displays on my TV screen and if it list a toll free number or a number I do not know or has no name associated with it, it goes straight to voice mail.

If it is important, they will leave a message.

I seem to get repeat spam calls even tho I'm on the do not call registry. I usually answer and hang up. I have been very rude to a number of callers recently because I'm just not putting up with surveys...or propaganda.

Don't miss the Marianas piece by Bill Moyers.

View user profile

Guest


Guest
Floridatexan wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:Well you could always do what I do. Don't answer any calls that you do not recognize. My caller ID displays on my TV screen and if it list a toll free number or a number I do not know or has no name associated with it, it goes straight to voice mail.

If it is important, they will leave a message.

I seem to get repeat spam calls even tho I'm on the do not call registry. I usually answer and hang up. I have been very rude to a number of callers recently because I'm just not putting up with surveys...or propaganda.

Don't miss the Marianas piece by Bill Moyers.

You are aware that the "Do Not Call Registry" does not apply to political ad calls, aren't you?

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:Well you could always do what I do. Don't answer any calls that you do not recognize. My caller ID displays on my TV screen and if it list a toll free number or a number I do not know or has no name associated with it, it goes straight to voice mail.

If it is important, they will leave a message.

I seem to get repeat spam calls even tho I'm on the do not call registry. I usually answer and hang up. I have been very rude to a number of callers recently because I'm just not putting up with surveys...or propaganda.

Don't miss the Marianas piece by Bill Moyers.

You are aware that the "Do Not Call Registry" does not apply to political ad calls, aren't you?

Of course it doesn't. That's why I have to be rude.

View user profile

Just received a mailer from the Faith & Freedom Coalition. They work fast. I understand they're being backed by Sheldon Adelson.

View user profile



Of course it doesn't. That's why I have to be rude.

If there's a real caller on the other line, I work it a different way. It's fun, and it all but guarantees no more calls.

I answer their first question with something like "Have you ever been to Jamaica? I've always wanted to go, and I'm going next week!"

If they continue, I say "There are great golf courses in Jamaica. Do you think it's worth taking all of my clubs, or just a driver and a nine iron?"

Additional questions on their part elicit additional questions and comments on my part about the weather, geography and sociological makeup of Jamaica.

It works, and it makes answering those 800 calls very entertaining!

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:maybe they were talking about faith in govt and the freedom for the govt to do any damn progressive thing it wants? that's a religion too imo.

LOL. As you know--we all "belong" to the government!!

View user profile
What Sal? You dislike my comment because you didn't see where the Dems say that we all belong to the government?
LOL, that's what your party thinks! That's what they ADMIT!

View user profile
Nekochan wrote:What Sal? You dislike my comment because you didn't see where the Dems say that we all belong to the government?
LOL, that's what your party thinks! That's what they ADMIT!

Try again, Neko. Wasn't me. I'm saving all my negatives for Chrissy. LOL.

Wow, I spend so much time in your heads that I'm gonna have to start paying rent.

View user profile
Sal, I scrolled down to who's on here and saw your name....you were the most suspect as to giving me a couple of negatives this morning...but if you say it wasn't you, I believe you.
I still like you best when you're talking about corn bread! Wink

View user profile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum