This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bill Maher's New Rule for GOP: Admit George W. Bush Exists

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/02/bill-mahers-new-rule-for-gop-george-w-bush_n_1850250.html

(and a few others who didn't seem to be invited to the convention)

View user profile
Everybody blaming President Bush for all the problems of this country is just as unfair as everybody blaming President Obama for the current state of the economy. The decline of the American economy, is both complex and long term. The structural problems were not created in just the last 12 years. Some cause and effect actually go back to the conclusion of WWII. Both parties have made mistakes, and many presidents have been in error on fundamental policy issues. Congress has been influenced by special interests, and the root of most of our problems, begins and ends with Congress. So beating up on George Bush is just the same cult of celebrity which ignores the substantive issues and puts the focus on what is irrelevant.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:Everybody blaming President Bush for all the problems of this country is just as unfair as everybody blaming President Obama for the current state of the economy. The decline of the American economy, is both complex and long term. The structural problems were not created in just the last 12 years. Some cause and effect actually go back to the conclusion of WWII. Both parties have made mistakes, and many presidents have been in error on fundamental policy issues. Congress has been influenced by special interests, and the root of most of our problems, begins and ends with Congress. So beating up on George Bush is just the same cult of celebrity which ignores the substantive issues and puts the focus on what is irrelevant.
Really, it didn't have anything to do with blaming GWB for all our problems. It looked as if the current RNC didn't want any reminders of the last administration except for Rice. This country for some reason has a serious case of forgetfulness when it comes to our history. Here are a few more names that for obvious reasons were not invited to attend the bash in Tampa. From FLTX link:

But the host also went after the RNC's lack of acknowledgement that a guy named George W. Bush was president for eight years. Oh, and while he's naming names, what about Dick Cheney, Karl Rove, Sarah Palin, Tom Delay, Michele Bachmann and all those other prominent Republicans? Did they stop existing, too?

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:Everybody blaming President Bush for all the problems of this country is just as unfair as everybody blaming President Obama for the current state of the economy. The decline of the American economy, is both complex and long term. The structural problems were not created in just the last 12 years. Some cause and effect actually go back to the conclusion of WWII. Both parties have made mistakes, and many presidents have been in error on fundamental policy issues. Congress has been influenced by special interests, and the root of most of our problems, begins and ends with Congress. So beating up on George Bush is just the same cult of celebrity which ignores the substantive issues and puts the focus on what is irrelevant.

Oh, BS. You know very well that there is no love lost here on Bush, but that's not even the point. It's very clear that the current slate wants to distance itself from Bush himself, while still adhering to the exact same policies. In fact, when have those policies changed over time? And the "structural problems" actually escalated during Bush's two terms, largely because 1) he's a warmonger and war profiteer, and 2) laissez-faire Friedman school economic principles, more properly defined as corporate socialism.

View user profile

Guest


Guest
i know you would prefer state capitalism... but the fact is that there is little difference between the bush/obama policies. they both love govt/fed solutions. if anything bush may have garnered more bipartisan support... which rarely turns out good for us.

George Orwell and his novels were born from the mass manipulation of a population by a corrupt and evil series of lies and scapegoats. We are repeating history, and the only question which remains is will good win over evil, and will the truth matter. The truth is not an either or proposition, because both parties share guilt, but the blatant lies from the RNC convention has me almost speechless. Why would you say you ran a sub three hour marathon, and that President Obama was somehow responsible for not reopening a plant which was making Chevy suburbans and Tahos........you just need to look at the Ryan budget to fully understand the depth of deception. We need some middle of the road truth telling, and both of the extremes have become liars.........George Orwell gave us a path. It will take a few brave honest people to walk away from their politics because of patriotism for this country, and the belief that good must prevail. Mitt Romney is evil, and no matter how incompetent the President may have been the first two years......we do not need to jump from the frying pan into the fires of hell because we are fooled. We each need to think about what is important in our lives, our families, our neighbors, and our country. We need to call out the lies.....even if that means not supporting your party's nominee or his running mate.....................uhhhhhh two hours and fifty minutes......uhhhh running in marathons........the man has ran one marathon in four hours and one minute.....slower than Sarah Palin......but a hell of a lot faster than I could run today......but I guess I can run for office and become a liar. I am beginning to respect Sarah Palin more and more....she never lied.....she just had competitive pride, and she did not want to give up or admit defeat.....Ryan, Romney, and Cantor......simply wimp wannabees........that is why they wanted Clint to speak.......he really is their hero in their fantasy world......these guys think they can lie themselves to tough guy status.....I have faced their type my whole life.....we usually just snicker, but how these wimps are now representing the once proud Republican Party......Reagan, Ike, Nixon, and Goldwater are rolling in their graves. I would love to hear Richard Nixon's appraisal off the record of this bunch of wimps........disgusting.

View user profile

Guest


Guest
Hint hint FT,

Bush isn't running.

The question I have to ask is why President Carter, ( the elder statesman) isn't being asked to speak at the DNC Convention?

View user profile
President Carter is not speaking because he has been honest in some of his criticism of President Obama. They fear his candor. He is a good man.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:President Carter is not speaking because he has been honest in some of his criticism of President Obama. They fear his candor. He is a good man.

Then what does it say about Obama?

View user profile
Although President Carter will not make an appearance at the convention, he will be speaking via video. Maybe he's not up to it. He is 88.

View user profile
I think like Clint you may be right, but they are going to screen that video. President Carter has been very Frank and open in his comments the last three years and some of his statements have not necessarily been complimentary to President Obama. 88 is a crap shoot. I have seen people who are as cogent during the day as any of us on this forum, but at night they start getting night terrors and literally melt down......the next day they are fine. Again, aging is not for sissies.

View user profile
Admit Bush Exists?

I wonder how many Democrats will proclaim that record breaking unemployment exists, record numbers of people on food stamps exists, record numbers of people living in poverty exists, record breaking deficits and debt exist. Dropping GDP exists.

How many?

View user profile
Markle wrote:Admit Bush Exists?

I wonder how many Democrats will proclaim that record breaking unemployment exists, record numbers of people on food stamps exists, record numbers of people living in poverty exists, record breaking deficits and debt exist. Dropping GDP exists.

How many?

That doesn't matter when it's time to bash and blame Bush. The libs want everyone to be distracted from the facts with their smoke and mirrors. Typical and predictable. As always.

View user profile
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Hint hint FT,

Bush isn't running.

Bush was POTUS until the beginning of 2009. He should be insulted, dontcha think? Similarly, Palin was the VP candidate in 2008, and some of the others mentioned ran THIS YEAR. So, what's the problem? I think you know but won't admit it to yourself. He's gone back under his rock.



Last edited by Floridatexan on 9/4/2012, 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
Markle wrote:Admit Bush Exists?

I wonder how many Democrats will proclaim that record breaking unemployment exists, record numbers of people on food stamps exists, record numbers of people living in poverty exists, record breaking deficits and debt exist. Dropping GDP exists.

How many?

You can thank your hero, or you can continue to live in denial. Your choice.

View user profile

Guest


Guest
Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:Admit Bush Exists?

I wonder how many Democrats will proclaim that record breaking unemployment exists, record numbers of people on food stamps exists, record numbers of people living in poverty exists, record breaking deficits and debt exist. Dropping GDP exists.

How many?

You can thank your hero, or you can continue to live in denial. Your choice.

From everything I have seen by Markle it is highly unlikely Obama is his hero. If YOU want to exit denial you ought to read this little article:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/04/opinion/navarrette-democratic-convention/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

nochain wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:Admit Bush Exists?

I wonder how many Democrats will proclaim that record breaking unemployment exists, record numbers of people on food stamps exists, record numbers of people living in poverty exists, record breaking deficits and debt exist. Dropping GDP exists.

How many?

You can thank your hero, or you can continue to live in denial. Your choice.

From everything I have seen by Markle it is highly unlikely Obama is his hero. If YOU want to exit denial you ought to read this little article:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/04/opinion/navarrette-democratic-convention/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

He nailed it!


Like I've said before, people will be coming out to vote against Obama, rather than for Romney. That's what happens when you suck as bad as Obama.

View user profile
VectorMan wrote:
nochain wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:Admit Bush Exists?

I wonder how many Democrats will proclaim that record breaking unemployment exists, record numbers of people on food stamps exists, record numbers of people living in poverty exists, record breaking deficits and debt exist. Dropping GDP exists.

How many?

You can thank your hero, or you can continue to live in denial. Your choice.

From everything I have seen by Markle it is highly unlikely Obama is his hero. If YOU want to exit denial you ought to read this little article:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/04/opinion/navarrette-democratic-convention/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

He nailed it!


Like I've said before, people will be coming out to vote against Obama, rather than for Romney. That's what happens when you suck as bad as Obama.

No, that's what happens when your party doesn't even support its own candidate.

View user profile

Guest


Guest
VectorMan wrote:
nochain wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:Admit Bush Exists?

I wonder how many Democrats will proclaim that record breaking unemployment exists, record numbers of people on food stamps exists, record numbers of people living in poverty exists, record breaking deficits and debt exist. Dropping GDP exists.

How many?

You can thank your hero, or you can continue to live in denial. Your choice.

From everything I have seen by Markle it is highly unlikely Obama is his hero. If YOU want to exit denial you ought to read this little article:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/04/opinion/navarrette-democratic-convention/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

He nailed it!


Like I've said before, people will be coming out to vote against Obama, rather than for Romney. That's what happens when you suck as bad as Obama.

His picture is now beside Carter's in the dictionary for S-U-C-K

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
VectorMan wrote:
nochain wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:Admit Bush Exists?

I wonder how many Democrats will proclaim that record breaking unemployment exists, record numbers of people on food stamps exists, record numbers of people living in poverty exists, record breaking deficits and debt exist. Dropping GDP exists.

How many?

You can thank your hero, or you can continue to live in denial. Your choice.

From everything I have seen by Markle it is highly unlikely Obama is his hero. If YOU want to exit denial you ought to read this little article:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/04/opinion/navarrette-democratic-convention/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

He nailed it!


Like I've said before, people will be coming out to vote against Obama, rather than for Romney. That's what happens when you suck as bad as Obama.

His picture is now beside Carter's in the dictionary for S-U-C-K

If only the GOP had a former President to really rally those delegates...oh, wait...

View user profile

Guest


Guest
[quote="Floridatexan"][quote="PACEDOG#1"][quote="VectorMan"][quote="nochain"]
Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:Admit Bush Exists?


If only the GOP had a former President to really rally those delegates...oh, wait...

Sleep

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum